showmaster please comment

This is one of those threads I see from time to time... ...that I really don't understand!?!

I go to SM signing events for the guests, if they're are no guests I want to meet, guess what... ...I don't go! :o I know, radical! I don't come on here and say why isn't Rhona Mitra at this event (although if SM do ever manage to get her, I'm there!)

If you go to meet up with friends then the guests are a bonus. This is reminding me of people saying that the recent LFCC was really quiet what's going on, when back in Summer they were complaining that there were too many people!?!

If a guest is announced I want to meet I'll go or, if not, I wont. I think I'll just have to accept that I really don't understand people and that the

anonymity of the internet emboldens people.

darryl.

Collectormania is the first event that many of the current attendees will have been too, so like everything that has been around for a while a certain level of emotional feeling gets attached to an event etc I've met some great guests at Collectormania, met some of my genuine TV and Film heroes, experienced the disappointments of not getting to meet Elijah Wood but also the excitement of being one of the last people the same day to meet Sean Astin. I've also over the years met many new friends as well.

I'd hate to see Collectormania disappear as a show or become just a shadow of what it once was, not least because its now finally moved into the new part of the stadium and it was where in many ways it all started.

Must agree with a lot of comments on here that this is one of the poorest shows I have ever seen for big name guests.

I have attended over 20 showmasters events and this is the first one I will be missing for a few years due to no big name stars appearing that justifies the cost of travel etc.

I would of thought showmasters would of tried to get the likes of Linda Hamilton , Robert Patrick etc with Terminator being it's anniversary year.

Oh well cash saved I guess :thumbdown:

It would have been fantastic to have had some Terminator guests in its 30th Anniversary year. I guess whilst there is still some time before the show , there might still be a late announcement.

• Like 1

Maybe there's too many Showmasters conventions in a short period of time.

Cardiff is a week before, and LFCC-W a few weeks earlier. not forgetting Hallowhedon 6 and Eternal Twilight 10

Autographica had complaints about it's line up in early October.

I guess that 1 or 2 of Cardiff guests may appear at CM:MK,

but i do hope a for a guest to be announced to make it worth me going

Maybe there's too many Showmasters conventions in a short period of time.

Cardiff is a week before, and LFCC-W a few weeks earlier. not forgetting Hallowhedon 6 and Eternal Twilight 10

Autographica had complaints about it's line up in early October.

I guess that 1 or 2 of Cardiff guests may appear at CM:MK,

but i do hope a for a guest to be announced to make it worth me going

And don't forget Belfast last weekend, LFCCW couple of weekends ago etc. The calendar is absolutely swamped with events and that's not even considering those run by other organisers. Something somewhere has got to give you'd have thought. There's no way you can get high profile guests to all of these. Cardiff actually strikes me as being what I'd expect CMMK to be, much more interesting and varied.

Personally I thought even LFCCW was weak and only went one day despite having bought a weekend ticket. Does feel like MK has fallen on the butt end this year. I've been going to these since CM4 in 2003 and it's just disappointing. While I've had to miss one or two for financial reasons I think this is the first one since then that there's not even one person I want to meet. Could see Amanda again (who is lovely) but don't need to as she's done a few events last few years. And with the greatest respect to them as actors, how many people are these briefly seen in the background Star Wars characters going to pull in? Only a few absolute diehard completists.

But as I've said, saves me spending. Hope this isn't a sign of the event becoming obsolete, though it's not the only one that seems to be struggling, see the complaints being raised about HW6 too and what with Belfast next year being on the traditional weekend, people feel this is going to be the last of those.

Over the years I've tried to see the positives but it's hard in this case.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I agree with you to an extent, however, I thought the last London event was both varied and interesting. I met about 20 guests and enjoyed every minute. Ive been attending events since 2005 and this will be the first MK I have missed since the year I started. Cardiff is much more varied.

This is one of those threads I see from time to time... ...that I really don't understand!?!

I go to SM signing events for the guests, if they're are no guests I want to meet, guess what... ...I don't go! :o I know, radical!

Normally I agree with the "vote with your wallet" mentality but not in this case. SM isn't some massive corporate company that will only know if they are doing things right by looking at their sales figures. They have a discussion forum where you can voice your opinion on what they are offering you. As we've seen with LFCC summer, they do use the feedback they get on here to make improvements.

No one is saying "CM22 doesn't have the exact guest I'm after". No one is also saying "fantastic line-up, but no guests for me this time around". Most people are saying "the line-up (at the moment) isn't up to the usual standard".

I can't really understand why some people would want everyone to just keep quiet and not go. Isn't it much better that SM know why people aren't attending, so they can try to improve things for this event or the next one? I also don't understand why some people think threads like this are damaging to the events future... Again, surely everyone keeping quiet about their reasons for not going, could lead to SM thinking there's no demand for the event and potentially cancelling it?

I have a hunch that there's going to be a couple of last minute announcements that'll make people a bit happier. So fingers crossed :)

Edited by LogicTheory
  • Like 1

The only ones I have heard of is, Jemma Redgrave and Colin Baker.... This event is still really poor though!

Same here and I agree the guest list is rather poor, here's hoping it improves.

Would of loved it if they announced Tom Baker which I almost thought they had for a sec when they announced Colin lol

The only ones I have heard of is, Jemma Redgrave and Colin Baker.... This event is still really poor though!

Whereas I've heard of (and possibly met)

Amanda Tapping

Anneke Wills

Caroline Blakiston

Chris Barrie

Colin Baker

Jemma Redgrave

Paul Jerricho

Rusty Goffe

Sarah Sutton

Obviously I can't comment on the first time signers but with the sports stars I don't follow sport in the slightest so they could be the supreme being and their name still wouldn't mean anything to me.

Same here and I agree the guest list is rather poor, here's hoping it improves.

Would of loved it if they announced Tom Baker which I almost thought they had for a sec when they announced Colin lol

I was hoping Colin Morgan! :P

Still a good announcement.

I go to SM signing events for the guests, if they're are no guests I want to meet, guess what... ...I don't go! :o I know, radical!

If a guest is announced I want to meet I'll go or, if not, I wont. I think I'll just have to accept that I really don't understand people and that the

anonymity of the internet emboldens people.

Well if you want to understand it from my point of view - I'd have to spend approx. £120 just getting and staying there - that's on the cheap, in some cases booked 6 months in advance.

So even if there were 5 guests I really wanted to meet, 9 times out of 10 that wouldn't be enough to make it worth my while going.

Plenty of guests is easy to commit to. No guests is no problem. It's the wide margin in between that provides the issue.

• Showmasters Admin

i think everyone needs to chill out a little , we have some time yet and we have guests still in the works the event will be fine , guests sometimes are like busses they come along at once

we are not worried about the line up we have things in the pipeline

see you all soon

jason

• Like 1