Who is still going?

As has been said before - it's all down to personal preference. You can personally look at an event and there's some YOU want to meet. I might look at it and not think there's anyone for me at all.

You'll look at guests from other events and wish they were here etc.

So yes, unfortunately this event might not have any for you, but I know people going meeting 5/6 guests already.

Not only is it about personal taste, but how many you think is a good number to meet also. It can range from people being happy meeting 1/2 to people who won't attend unless there's over 10 that they want to meet. We're all different.

I agree that guest lists are very much a personal preference thing, but you have to admit David that this November's list is way below par for the MK events. I think you only have to look at some of the posts on this forum to see how disappointed the Collectormania MK fanbase is.

I am not knocking Showmasters as I have been a loyal attender at their MK & London events for years & usually love the MK show, I am just really disappointed that the attendee list for next month's event is so shockingly sparse of bigger names that I probably won't make it along.

Perhaps I've just been spoiled by the guest lists for previous MK events & I am asking for too much...

Still, at least this way I don't overload my credit card like I usually do !

• Like 5

As has been said before - it's all down to personal preference. You can personally look at an event and there's some YOU want to meet. I might look at it and not think there's anyone for me at all.

So yes, unfortunately this event might not have any for you, but I know people going meeting 5/6 guests already.

Not only is it about personal taste, but how many you think is a good number to meet also. It can range from people being happy meeting 1/2 to people who won't attend unless there's over 10 that they want to meet. We're all different.

Regardless of personal taste, I'd say this is one of the weakest line-ups I've seen.

There's been times in the past where there hasn't been a single person I want to see, and CM22 has 1 guest I want to meet, but I'm still able to see that this line-up isn't as good..

For example, I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones, but if SM announce someone big from the cast, even though I wouldn't personally want to meet them, I'm still able to think "wow cool guest SM, that'll bring in fans on the day and help create that busy (but hopefully not too busy) convention atmosphere we all love".

Edited by LogicTheory
  • Like 1

We are still going, travelling from Hull via Cardiff for the DW Experience,we booked a room a few months ago so its a done deal really. We are also costuming both days so hope its worth it. Like everyone else I'm very disappointed at the guest list though.

No guests for me this time, so sadly I'll not be there.

Well I've only been to 1 MK and it was amazing. This one unfortunately has no one for either myself or my brother so we won't be visiting. I'm not too cut up about it though since I attended WLFCC and will be going to Cardiff next week so I'm just thinking about all the money I'm saving.

Take care,

Matty-lad

I usually love attending MK, with the more relaxed atmosphere,and as I have health issues,at least there I can find somewhere to get fresh air,and a place to sit for a while,(unlike summer LFCC),where we can share our interest in meeting our favourite actors.But this time,there are no interesting guests that we have not seen before.Why is this con SO short on guests?

• Like 1

Truthfully.... The only reason we are going is for Amanda Tapping. Nobody ese even comes near worth going to see for us. I will be cosplay back ops Stargate. Fingers crossed more people are announced and fast ![/quote

Yer, at this rate Amanda will be the busiest guest there, let's hope she doesn't cancel! Fingers crossed :-)

• Like 1

Unfortunately yes as we have booked our hotel and we go to every MK event without fail. However this event only has the boxers I'm interested in and this is disappointing as we usually meet 15+ guests.

I would of thought these events would be going from strength to strength but last winter had 80ish guests and spring 100ish guests, this has 50 and if they were top draw headline guests I could understand but 6 first time signers, 1 headliner, and 2 wrestlers I have never heard of, just doesn't cut it for us.

We most definately won't be booking as early next time and I doubt we will be calling in on the Sunday for the last few guests.

Well, that's a point. I agree, it's all about personal taste and preferences. An interesting guest to one person isn't necessarily interesting to another. I won't argue that. But the problem here (for lack of a better word!) is that it's gone beyond personal opinions and has become a shared/general opinion that this event hasn't got the most interesting lineup. If it were one or two people expressing their disinterest then okay, but at this point I've lost count of the number of people who say they're disappointed and most likely won't be going.

It's all a matter of taste and opinion, yes. This has turned into a popular opinion though. And that's really quite sad. In my opinion.

• Like 2

I also look at last year's events and the guests that went and cry at those I've missed out on. That said however this is my first year attending SM events so for me the majority of guests I'm meeting are new to me. Personally I don't have any interest in sport so they're all irrelevant to me. Likewise there's a number of shows I don't follow so again this whittles out guests. That said there are still guests on this line up that I would like to meet.

Again, as is the case in another forum I'm on, I imagine the majority of SM's customers will either not be on the forum or a silent majority.

• Like 1

The plan was that I'd cosplay on the Saturday and just be me on the Sunday, so I'm definitely still going to be dressing up.

My issue though is that I'm awfully shy and this will be my first time cosplaying but my logic was 'the place will be crawling' so I wouldn't stand out too much. I hope this will still be the case to some extent! :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry. I think cosplay has become more of a reason for people to attend in recent years, so it's completely separate from the meeting celebrities aspect. There may not be many from the forum coming for the guests but I think you will still have the usual people coming dressed up.

The plan was that I'd cosplay on the Saturday and just be me on the Sunday, so I'm definitely still going to be dressing up.

My issue though is that I'm awfully shy and this will be my first time cosplaying but my logic was 'the place will be crawling' so I wouldn't stand out too much. I hope this will still be the case to some extent! :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry about it - seeing people cosplay is expected at these things so even if there aren't many other people there (which I doubt will be the case), nobody is going to be thinking anything negative about you cosplaying. :-)

- G

Personally I wouldn't worry. Even if you were (which I'd imagine highly unlikely) the only one in COS play it's the norm in the clientele that you'll be mixing with whereas if you were just off on a shopping spree around MK shopping centre....

The cosplayers add a wonderful dimension to any con and the costumes are amazing. You certainly won't be out of place no matter what happens. If I go with my 6 year old niece I'm sure she's going to be in awe of you and will no doubt ask you to pose with her for a pic if that's ok. :-)
  • Like 1