Who is still going?

At the moment will only be going as it's fairly local, free and I'll be looking for something from the stalls on behalf of a friend. Might meet Amanda again but not essential and not interested in anyone else so far announced. First time in years that there's no-one of interest for me but I dare say there will be people saying it's great and meeting loads. That's the way it goes.

I was looking forward to this event after having a good time at cmk21 but this guest list is a mega mega let down, I have booked a hotel ages ago but now I am now regretting it, I wish I was going to cardiff event instead. What has happend ???

• Like 1

Well im there... its a weekend out, and I tend to see the positives rather than moaning.....But i guess its better to knock SM. I sometimes wonder whether everyone would rather just prefer to have to go to the bigger cons in the US

Unfortunately the least appealing lineup for a collectormania mk since I can remember and if not already booked travel I wouldn't be going. I suppose there is still time for some more names, here's hoping....but it seems Winter CMK has been neglected this year, maybe running other events so close has impacted this one. Look at last years lineup for a reminder of what this show used to give us.

• Like 1

Totally agree with SciFiRob's comment. Last November's MK Collectormania was great. We met Lance Henricksen, Robert Knepper, Billy Dee Williams & Mira Furlan to name just four. It was an excellent day and I had hoped that this November's event would be equally exciting. To my great disappointment though, the guest list is so poor, it doesn't look like I will be attending.

I didn't go to the WLFCC this month as I was hoping to save my dosh in case any exciting guests were announced for MK. I thought that, as the two events are so close together, going to both WLFCC & Collectormania MK would be too heavy on the wallet. Doh ! Looks like that plan didn't work out for the best then.

Gutted !

:crying:

• Like 1

Wow, like others I have held off going to a few SM events as there are usually so many people I want to meet at MK, as it stands there is only one I would like to meet.

I remember some genuinely big line ups for MK, and let's face it the idea of these events is to bring the public closer to our favourite characters on film and TV, with a couple of exceptions the current line up appeared on our screens for very brief moments, no disrespect to them or SM but I don't see the point.

Very gutted.

• Like 4

ill be going but only because i live in MK and its a couple of hours out the house, plus will be looking for xmas gifts at the stalls. However the guest line up is awful this time round and i only want to meet david haye. Last years line up was so much better dont know whats going on this time. last year i went on the saturday and sunday looks like i will only need to go on saturday this year.

I'm not going this time, been to the last 3 and not missed many since the very beginning but whilst I would be interested in meeting a couple of the Boxers it's more about timing now and budget on the run up to Christmas. Tommy Hearns is a like to meet for me, rather than a definite I must meet. From the Media guests I've met Amanda Tapping before and got an official photo op with her and although I'm a Star Wars fan, I've generally not tended to collect actors from the minor roles as a rule.

On the other hand Showmasters may announce a couple of guests who do fall into my definite meet category !

• Like 1

I will be in the area anyway due to attending a couple of other shows on Friday and Saturday, so if anyone amazing is announced at the last minute (for Sunday anyway) I will be able to attend. However, as it is, there's no real reason for me to attend. First time since 2004 I've not had a reason to go.

I am interested in re-meeting Caroline Blakiston as I didn't get a photo back in 2004, but she's not doing a photo shoot. Also interested in a potential photo with the 3 living Time Bandits but so far that's not happening either. They're not even doing solo shoots.

But i guess its better to knock SM. I sometimes wonder whether everyone would rather just prefer to have to go to the bigger cons in the US

I think it's apathy rather than knocking - people are desperate for more reason to come, it's not currently living up to its own well earned standard.

That being said there are at least 9 events I could get to in November. Currently it's the 8th most interesting. Cardiff is 9th.

I'll be going on Saturday at least. There's 3 or 4 people I may meet. After the excellent summer we had with Stan Lee et al, I'm surprized people are surprized at the line up for this. Bare in mine SM probably put everything and more into the summer shows as they are going to be the most popular. The winter ones are more of a "thank you" to us from SM for attending in the summer etc That's the way I see it anyhow. This time of year you are very unlikely to get the same type of guests you would at a summer event. All the US shows have started filming again which really limits the choice, where as in the summer you have people on breaks from filming. I'll always be thankful to SM whoever they bring along. Whether I want to meet 20 or 0, I completely respect the work they put in to get the guests they do.

I personally wouldn't be surprized to see a few more added to this before the end, if not, it'll still be a great day out as always!

I live in Birmingham so will probably pop along for a day, see a few friends there & look round the stalls. at the moment not got any one I need to meet which is a first ... may get another photo with Amanda Tapping just to make the trip worthwhile.

Ahhh, I know it was years ago but May 2008 has names like Santiago Cabrera and Amy Manson and now I'm really jealous.

Well going through the entire page there's at least three names per event that I really want to meet. Those must have been great days to attend!

• Like 2

Ahhh, I know it was years ago but May 2008 has names like Santiago Cabrera and Amy Manson and now I'm really jealous.

Well going through the entire page there's at least three names per event that I really want to meet. Those must have been great days to attend!

Yes they were, and there have been brilliant guests in subsequent years too. Somebody said we're moaning and knocking SM. I think there are just a lot of very disappointed people tbh. MK is one of those shows were because of its more relaxed nature, gives you more time to actually talk to the guests without being herded along. It's been a great experience for myself and many others in the past, so no surprise then that given the current line up the fans are hurting a little. Let's hope it improves over the coming fortnight 😊

Yes they were, and there have been brilliant guests in subsequent years too. Somebody said we're moaning and knocking SM. I think there are just a lot of very disappointed people tbh. MK is one of those shows were because of its more relaxed nature, gives you more time to actually talk to the guests without being herded along. It's been a great experience for myself and many others in the past, so no surprise then that given the current line up the fans are hurting a little. Let's hope it improves over the coming fortnight

This is why I'm so disappointed, in any case. Last time there were loads of guests I would have loved to meet and talk to but couldn't afford autographs and didn't think it was okay to just go up to them just to say hi (something I now regret, since I walked past Lee Arenberg several times and after a while he'd smile and nod at me as I went past and at one point there was no queue at his table but I felt too shy to quickly go over and say hello). I'd hoped that this time there would be an equally good guest list to make up for it. It's just a huge let-down, and I'm genuinely sorry if this comes over as knocking SM because that's honestly not my intention but when you've got this many people, some of whom haven't missed an event in years, saying that it's not worth going this time then something has been done wrong. That's just my unfortunate opinion. :(

Still, as you say, still another fortnight to go. And, worst case scenario, there's always the promise of a good few hundreds stalls to check out.

• Like 1

^

From that list, there's a good handful I would have loved to meet... at CM21 this May I ran into Paul McGann and he didn't really have time to talk but he gladly gave me a hug and took a quick selfie with me (fyi he pouts like a 14-year-old MySpace user!). I felt so lucky because he was the main guest I really wanted to meet but was resigned to just watching him from a distance.

Bottom line, past events were brilliant. Just makes me sadder for this one. :/

• Moderators

As has been said before - it's all down to personal preference. You can personally look at an event and there's some YOU want to meet. I might look at it and not think there's anyone for me at all.

You'll look at guests from other events and wish they were here etc.

So yes, unfortunately this event might not have any for you, but I know people going meeting 5/6 guests already.

Not only is it about personal taste, but how many you think is a good number to meet also. It can range from people being happy meeting 1/2 to people who won't attend unless there's over 10 that they want to meet. We're all different.

• Like 1

As has been said before - it's all down to personal preference. You can personally look at an event and there's some YOU want to meet. I might look at it and not think there's anyone for me at all.

So yes, unfortunately this event might not have any for you, but I know people going meeting 5/6 guests already.

Not only is it about personal taste, but how many you think is a good number to meet also. It can range from people being happy meeting 1/2 to people who won't attend unless there's over 10 that they want to meet. We're all different.

I usually agree with you on this one David, but for whatever reason I do think this guest line up is looking like one of the weakest at MK in a long time which is such a shame. Whilst I'd accept I have been going to these events for a long time, I don't think there's ever been a show at MK where we have been under 3 weeks away and there hasn't been at least 2/3 Film/Media guests I would want to meet.

• Like 6

I usually agree with you on this one David, but for whatever reason I do think this guest line up is looking like one of the weakest at MK in a long time which is such a shame. Whilst I'd accept I have been going to these events for a long time, I don't think there's ever been a show at MK where we have been under 3 weeks away and there hasn't been at least 2/3 Film/Media guests I would want to meet.
Yes it is upto the individual's personal taste, but the guest list does nothing to draw in a variety of fanbases, and has been said before many of the guests that are attending are really supporting/background actors. I'd take quality over quantity anyday, but I don't think this guest list gives us either at present.
  • Like 4