Who is still going?

I'm slightly concerned now that due to the complaints so far and comments saying "I won't be attending this SM event", CM22 is going to be incredibly sparse. Though I perfectly understand why people will be giving this event a miss I will still be attending, so just by a show of hands (or posts) who here is definitely going to be there?

Had I lived close to Milton Keynes I probably would still pop by despite the guest list having no appeal to me but I don't so won't.

As they say in Dragon's Den, "And for that reason I'm out".

• Like 1

I tend to go to all MK and London events organised by SM. Will be going Sunday, photoshoot with Amanda Tapping who I missed out on last year. May add SoCal Val for the hell of it unless they announce someone juicy before Friday. Sounds like it's going to be quiet. Selfishly, that's how I like it.

Yeah im in the 'not going' camp i think with this one. I was at the recent london winter show which was pretty quiet imo but was nice and still had a few guests that had some interest to me, this on the other hand there isnt any guests at all im interested in so unless anymore names are rapidly added to the list that do attract me, i wont be travelling from Hull for the event like the last one.

everyone has their opinion and personal tastes which i respect, but for me personally this is a pretty dull line up so i think ill save the money and use it on christmas shopping lol

Aye, well... to be honest, I wouldn't bother going, either. Ironically I only had five days to prepare for the May event (being new to the area I'd never heard of CM before and had no money for any guests or merch (aside from £3 that I spent on a Santiago Cabrera poster) and was still fortunate enough to meet two guests and spent the rest of the day just walking around admiring everyone else from afar. I went with my family and I wandered off on my own but whenever I ran into my mother I'd give her an update on who I'd seen and what they were famous for and all in all it was an amazing day, I didn't see the time go by at all and boredom was just not a thing. Hence I immediately started planning to return since now I knew about the event and got a cosplay outfit ready and was obsessively checking the website to see if dates had been announced yet and which guests were attending. I guess my logic was, if the last event was so great with such little time to prepare and no money, imagine how great the next one will be if I save up and have six months notice! I remember Chris Barrie was announced first and I had no clue who he was but I was still excited, it was a start... then more guests gradually came and I think that having to do a Google/IMDB search for every name to see who they are and what they've been in is a bad sign. It's just such a bitter disappointment because I have been looking forward to this for half a year, it's really been the only thing I've had to look forward to at all and now I honestly feel like it's something to just 'get over with'. I mean, I spent a small fortune on a cosplay outfit for this event, so I'd feel bad having all that effort go to waste by not bothering to attend. It's also the only opportunity I have to meet up with one of my friends who lives in Milton Keynes. And at the risk of sounding cautiously optimistic, the stalls might make it worth going. The stalls and cosplayers (few though they may be) are really the only attraction left so since I'll still be attending regardless of the guest list I kind of have to be optimistic about that.

Wow, sorry, this turned into a really long and rather pointless rant. Apologies for the word-vomit!

Edited by Faerie Tanith
  • Like 1

Dont need to apologise as you made some very valid points! This show may be the only show some people can get to or afford to get to at this time of year like yourself so when the guest list isnt very exciting then its only natural for you to be disappointed! Some people who attend these events may only go for the guest lists, some for the just to buy from the stalls etc...but those who do go to meet the stars and there none of interest attending then its a major disappointment if you have saved up and got excited to go and then you decide not to bother in the end because of lack of guests.

i always say to just give it time until a little closer to the event and see who else is added but for someone like me who would be travelling from hull, it just isnt worth the cost in travel, food, etc. so im just gonnam iss it unless anyone exciting gets announced.

Now that the london show is done and dusted, we may see a few names added to the lineup now so im gonna wait and see how the lineup goes as we get closer, but upto now, ill be missing it.

Aye, well... to be honest, I wouldn't bother going, either. Ironically I only had five days to prepare for the May event (being new to the area I'd never heard of CM before and had no money for any guests or merch (aside from £3 that I spent on a Santiago Cabrera poster) and was still fortunate enough to meet two guests and spent the rest of the day just walking around admiring everyone else from afar. I went with my family and I wandered off on my own but whenever I ran into my mother I'd give her an update on who I'd seen and what they were famous for and all in all it was an amazing day, I didn't see the time go by at all and boredom was just not a thing. Hence I immediately started planning to return since now I knew about the event and got a cosplay outfit ready and was obsessively checking the website to see if dates had been announced yet and which guests were attending. I guess my logic was, if the last event was so great with such little time to prepare and no money, imagine how great the next one will be if I save up and have six months notice! I remember Chris Barrie was announced first and I had no clue who he was but I was still excited, it was a start... then more guests gradually came and I think that having to do a Google/IMDB search for every name to see who they are and what they've been in is a bad sign. It's just such a bitter disappointment because I have been looking forward to this for half a year, it's really been the only thing I've had to look forward to at all and now I honestly feel like it's something to just 'get over with'. I mean, I spent a small fortune on a cosplay outfit for this event, so I'd feel bad having all that effort go to waste by not bothering to attend. It's also the only opportunity I have to meet up with one of my friends who lives in Milton Keynes. And at the risk of sounding cautiously optimistic, the stalls might make it worth going. The stalls and cosplayers (few though they may be) are really the only attraction left so since I'll still be attending regardless of the guest list I kind of have to be optimistic about that.

Wow, sorry, this turned into a really long and rather pointless rant. Apologies for the word-vomit!

Edited by teabelly83

I don't know there is still cardiff to think about for them which is the week before this. And it's still kind of new for them so I think they'll focus on that before they'll give us some attention.

I mean the stalls are worth it, there is some amazing stuff being sold at Collectormania, well there was last year. I'm trying to stay positive, I haven't seen my friend in almost 6 months and we're cosplaying together. Hopefully there may be a couple of photographers we can pest to take photos of us and we can have a giggle. But I was really looking forward to this and the line up just makes me want to curl up. :(

• Like 1

I didn't attend the Winter LFCC or Autographica just before that due to so so guest lists, and this will probably be the next. Last year I went to all three and I really like the MK show, but it's another dull line up ( for me anyway) so even though it's free I doubt I'd go. Shame.

I don't really remember anyone making me think I should go. I've met Amanda Tapping before, so I might have gotten a photo if I'd managed to lose some weight, but I haven't (doh).

I think there were maybe one or two people I might have got photos with if I was already going, but not enough to make it worth getting the train out of London, free bussing it over and return. Maybe if my friend had been going, as we could have met up, but she's not doing this one either.

Just the way it goes - usually there's someone I really want to meet, but this time (for the first time in years), there isn't a big pull.

• Like 1

But also there still is time for more announcements. I am very sceptical about how good the guest list will be. I have just got tickets for Cardiff comics con who have some great guests for such a small event. I am really confused what has happened to CMMK this year. Anyway here's hoping for some great guest announcements in the next two weeks or so.

Just really feel let down by the line up after so many good years it's come to this minor guests and I agree I feel they've put all there eggs in one basket with the other shows even Sheffield had better guests and that's sayinsaying something ......... Come on show masters don't let us fans down

• Like 3

The "I Predict" thread has been moved but since that was made and people started guessing how many more guests would be added, only two more actually have been announced. It's hard to be excited about this event at all, to be honest. :( I'm still hoping to be surprised at the last second. I really don't want to regret going.