Anyone remember...

LFCC and Collectormania are established events that already attract thousands of people yearly. Belfast, Cardiff, Sheffield etc. are new and need the bigger names to justify going to these places not just once but continuously.

Lets not forget that people travel to London and MK from all over the country / Europe and doing it four times a year is expensive so creating events in all parts makes it easier for some.

Personally this event is disappointing and at the minute only meeting David Haye is justifying making the short trip from Northampton but if scaling down these winter events enables more people around the country to see what Showmasters can offer then this new found interest may help with even bigger Summer events?

Bit of a ramble on but there's my pennies worth :smile:

Andy K.

Remembering how cold last winter CM was I wonder if they are only using the arena and not the concourse and that's why the numbers are down. You could have had guests up there last year.

Possibly. But I would like to think they would tell us

Remembering how cold last winter CM was I wonder if they are only using the arena and not the concourse and that's why the numbers are down. You could have had guests up there last year.

But also there are too many guests announced now that they are going to have to use the concourse anyway

There were some great guests last weekend at the LFCC Winter. To be honest I would have just turned up for that one to meet Ralph Macchio. :smile:

Collectormania 22 is looking a little sparse, although would agree for those that haven't met her Amanda Tapping is a decent guest.

I'm sure so many events is actually starting to have an impact now though, both in terms of the time the Showmasters staff have to work on them but also it does feel like the guests are getting spread pretty thinly.

I've missed only a handful of Collectormania shows since the very beginning and that was normally because of a family commitment for example. At the moment, it is the first time I am available to go and may not. So this genuinely is a first for me.

• Like 1

There were some great guests last weekend at the LFCC Winter. To be honest I would have just turned up for that one to meet Ralph Macchio. :smile:

Collectormania 22 is looking a little sparse, although would agree for those that haven't met her Amanda Tapping is a decent guest.

I'm sure so many events is actually starting to have an impact now though, both in terms of the time the Showmasters staff have to work on them but also it does feel like the guests are getting spread pretty thinly.

I've missed only a handful of Collectormania shows since the very beginning and that was normally because of a family commitment for example. At the moment, it is the first time I am available to go and may not. So this genuinely is a first for me.

I completely agree with all the above. I was all set for the weekend but with the recent cancellations (which of course happens all the time) I have no draw for me to make the trip. Sad really. Maybe something spectacular will be announced next week that make everybody happy.

• Like 1

It's sad to see the low number of guests so far in this event. I have always enjoyed MK events ever since I started in May 2012 and have never missed a show. After this year's LFCC (which I think was a bit of a disaster, not very enjoyable in my opinion) I soon booked flights and a hotel room for November CMMK. Flights I had to pay immediately, but not the hotel room which I can fortunately cancel for free.

It was about a month ago when I first started to consider the thought of not going. All this time there hasn't been a single guest I'd like to meet so for a fan like me, travelling from another country, I see no point in attending. Only one week and the pre-order shop will be closed. So far 25 guests plus the sport people. SM already keeps talking about next year's LFCC, but what happened to other events? I think it's great that they keep adding new cities and events, but if they do that, they shouldn't forget the original ones! For me it appears that they are having too much work at their hands.

It now seems that I have a very good reason of my own to skip this CM, but to think that I would have skipped it anyway, doesn't feel right for a fangirl like me. Because I have preferred MK over London, I'd love to know the May dates so I could switch my plane tickets for that weekend, or maybe I just should choose LFCC weekend, hoping it would be a better experience next year.

And with this number of guests, I don't think they need to use the concourse. Last year they had double the guests and had enough space in the arena. Plus they now have the balcony that they didn't have last year.

• Like 1

Quentin Pierre was at the last Collectormania, and both Comic Cons this year, so surely even Star Wars fans must be feeling the repetition.

That was only because he was part of 2 Stormtrooper reunions though.The fact you could get a group photo for £45? would suggest they aren't expensive to get hold of. I'm amazed there are still people who need Kenny Baker and Dave Prowse, but there are, and it will be a sad day when they are unable to keep meeting their fans.

So far it's not really very thrilling if, like me, you're not a Stars Wars or wrestling fan. Few more weeks to go though, will keep checking...

But I am a massive Star Wars fan, and there's still no one tempting me!

I think the theory behind that was having so many close together was they could get international guests over on a mini-tour - book for 2 or 3 weekends, they get the week between paid for, but it divided the international flight costs between 2 or more events. Doesn't seem to have worked so well in practice.

It's always going to be different from one lineup to the next as to how much someone is interested.

Take LFCC for example - Summer I spent more than I ever have at any event ever, yet the Winter one just passed I didn't meet a single guest. It always changes for me from one to the next and I'm pretty used to that.

In fact I'd much rather there wasn't 20+ guests an event I want to meet. Could never afford it :lol:

I spent more at Winter, but I got more autos at Summer (due to the Comic people). I didn't do summer last year, or winter the year before that.

And to be honest, had it not been for the prepaid hotel I did conisder skipping Winter again. Even for this Doctor Who and Star Wars fan it was just an ok lineup, but not essential.

I'd rather attend 1 big event and spend on hotels and transport (which can be 1/4 to 1/2 of the weekend expense) once, rather than look into going to 4 smaller events, I just can't justify forking out all that money for less than 10 guests

I like visiting Cardiff, these events have yet to give me an excuse. Belfast - I'd never rule it out - flown further for events. Milton Keynes is fine if I have enough reason. I did earlier this year, not looking likely this time.

At this point, they'd have to add at least ten big names to even things out. Adding one or two wouldn't be in their best interests, just think how swamped those poor guests would be. Then again I can't see them adding any big names at this point, unless they're really planning on surprising us... :/

That's what I meant TerraHawk; they are the guests that are easy to get hold of, and so it will look good if they announce 20 guests in one go because it's a huge amount of guests. But the quality of the guests...

Again, no disrespect to those actors as they are nice people and a pleasure to meet, but they are supporting actors and not stars of movies of TV. I'm a Star Wars fan myself, and did meet Quentin at one of his appearances, but they don't need to keep bringing the smaller guests over and over again in the space of just a few months. And obviously it's great to have Dave, Kenny and Jeremy at so many shows as they are regulars, but you don't need every supporting actor to become a regular.

but they don't need to keep bringing the smaller guests over and over again in the space of just a few months.

Oh I agree entirely, and would be surprised if it happened again anytime soon.

Not sure I'd play that game again anyway, it was quite a headache going through the list checking who I'd already met and hadn't, I had to go through my book with three of them I wasn't sure about, two of them spotted their autographs. The third I'm not sure about and may now be in the book twice. Not the end of the world as he played more than one role.

'Big guest' is always relative...

Is it bad that I had no idea who Amanda Tapping was before she was announced for this show? Honestly, the only person I knew of was Shend, and that's because he was in one of my favorite Merlin episodes.

'Big guest' is always relative...

Is it bad that I had no idea who Amanda Tapping was before she was announced for this show? Honestly, the only person I knew of was Shend, and that's because he was in one of my favorite Merlin episodes.

mr.fids is the guest more relative than the alcohol.
  • Like 1

I'm really starting to think that the November MK event will not be worth me attending. Less than three weeks to go & not a single guest that makes me want to make the trip (I would have gone to see Amanda Tapping, but met her a while back at one of the LFCC events - Very nice lady !). Normally I have to try and plan my day & get there early to bag all my queuing tickets, but this time.... errrrr... there aren't any tickets that I would need to get.

I'm absolutely gutted that Collectormania seems to be being neglected in favour of the big London shows and the new events around the country. Its just a bit annoying that the summer LFCC event had more guests than I could get round in the day whilst the MK event now seems to have been relegated to a second division show. I have always enjoyed the Collectormania MK as the guests, halls and merchandising stands aren't as horrifically rammed with people as some of the LFCC events are, but there are usually still plenty of big-name stars to meet.

Hopefully the SM guys will prove me wrong a pull something out of the bag, & I will end up heading MK-wards in November after all.

:wacko:

• Like 3