Meeting james o'barr

Hey hello did anybody meet james today? I was wondering how he is about signing the crow dvd? Was hoping to get 2 novels an my blu ray signed?

If I purchase a print do you think he will sign my items?

Apologise about the question never met a comic guest before so a bit unsure about the protocol an don't want to be in an awkward situation :)

I met him today, he didn't talk though.

Autographs are £5 each. He signed my mates special edition of The Crow, and he signed my Crow blu ray steelbook with no problems.

He had a lot of prints available for sale too, all different prices I think. If you bought a print and an autograph, there was some sort of discount.

• Like 1

He did a talk and it was interesting although he looked like he really didn't want to do it, I also asked if I could get a picture of him at his desk later on and while he was fine with it, he didn't even look up when I took it. I guess some people are stand-offish and don't like a fuss, I'm not criticising him, it was just a bit odd.

• Like 1

Autographs are £5 each. He signed my mates special edition of The Crow, and he signed my Crow blu ray steelbook with no problems.

He had a lot of prints available for sale too, all different prices I think. If you bought a print and an autograph, there was some sort of discount.

Really? His assistent told me he wouldn't sign any Crow dvd's, stills and that I had to buy one of his prints :s

Really? His assistent told me he wouldn't sign any Crow dvd's, stills and that I had to buy one of his prints :s

Yeah he signed my Crow film, whether he realised what it was or not I dunno. Wasn't forced to buy anything, just had to pay £5 for an auto.

My meeting went pretty much as you described,his assistant did all the talking brought a print (which james signed) and got 2 novels and my blu ray signed for 25 pounds

Said thank you to him and he replied 'you're welcome' an that was that,but you know what I'm happy with that :)

• Like 1

Had a great encounter with JOB today.

Initially I bought 2 autos for my Crow original graphic novel and Flesh & Blood #1. His assistant then said he was doing commissions and would do what charcacter you wanted in whatever style and gave the prices (£130 for full body, £110 for torso and £90 for face). she showed some examples and I have to say they were fantastic, so I went for the face of the crow and left it to him to do it as he felt , I didn't really want to dictate too much. went for colour over b&w which I wouldn't normally have done but the examples she showed in colour were fantastic.

Here is the finished job and I'm thrilled http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p383/barnyd/20293E04-1213-414C-BAEA-C388DCC22194_zpscuum14f2.jpg

We had a quick chat and I said I'd grown up with his art and he seemed a nice guy, very quiet and didn't seem too comfortable with the whole environment.

Anyway there you go, my tuppence worth. A fun day today though thought it was all hauntingly quiet which I guess made it easier for all there!

• Like 3

Had a great encounter with JOB today.

Initially I bought 2 autos for my Crow original graphic novel and Flesh & Blood #1. His assistant then said he was doing commissions and would do what charcacter you wanted in whatever style and gave the prices (£130 for full body, £110 for torso and £90 for face). she showed some examples and I have to say they were fantastic, so I went for the face of the crow and left it to him to do it as he felt , I didn't really want to dictate too much. went for colour over b&w which I wouldn't normally have done but the examples she showed in colour were fantastic.

Here is the finished job and I'm thrilled http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p383/barnyd/20293E04-1213-414C-BAEA-C388DCC22194_zpscuum14f2.jpg

We had a quick chat and I said I'd grown up with his art and he seemed a nice guy, very quiet and didn't seem too comfortable with the whole environment.

Anyway there you go, my tuppence worth. A fun day today though thought it was all hauntingly quiet which I guess made it easier for all there!

WOW that is stunning, £90 is a lot of money but it is well spent on that.

I saw james' talk and found it really interesting, he seemed very nervous, but he did mention in his talk how as a kid he did suffer with nerves and shyness or something like that so i put it down to that he was maybe not the type of person to feel too comfortable infront of alot of people talking...i always felt the same giving presentations in college haha.

i met him at his table and got a print signed which iwas very happy with, it was £15 which included the autograph and he chatted alittle but was very quite...although very polite so thats good. i asked for a photo and he was happy to oblige, he stood up and put his arm over my shoulder and his assistant took 2 or 3 with my camera, after checking them out i was more than happy with them, he was looking right at the camera smiling so i was very pleased!!

all in all im very glad i got to meet the creator of such an amazing character