Paid for autograph photos

Anyone else notice that the variety and quality of the 10x8 photos you can choose from when you pay for an autograph seemed to be much poorer than usual with some guests today. Katee Sackhoff, whose most recent work is Longmire and Riddick, no photos of either, no 24. Only BSG, which is the main reason for her being popular but to have none of the others at all!. Was going to get a Longmire one. To make it worse the usual stalls selling unsigned 10x8 weren't at the show, so couldnt get the autograph i wanted, didn't spend the £25 on Katee. Disappointing. With Alan Ruck, all the Ferris Buller photos were really poor shots, out of focus not sharp. C Thomas Howell, nothing from Grimm. People I talked to were mentioning similar things about other guests. I went round early on, so they hadn't sold out. Never had such a problem at previous shows. If I had known it would be so poor and there would be no sellers there I would have bought some before the show.

Overall the show was much more manageable today and pleasant to wander around.

C Thomas Howell's Grimm appearances in S3 aired on Watch from circa January this year, I think - I definitely watched them on that channel earlier this year. Given that they'd posted a Grimm shot on his intro thread, I was expecting to be able to get that same photo at the desk, but unfortunately not. Never mind. I was lucky enough to get an Arrow shot for Colin Salmon, though, and a good thing too, as my head was exploding from the choices! I've been a fan since Prime Suspect, so have seen him in a lot of things...

Obviously it's a bit too late now for you Andrew but my rule of thumb for attending signings is that if you want a particular picture signed take it with you, don't rely on it being there. They may have it or others that you like more but always err on the side of caution.

• Like 1

Always best to source your own item if you want something specific. C.Thomas Howell for example has 179 acting credits and no range of photos is going to stretch to more than a handful of roles for any actor/actress at the show. Also the most popular ones are going to sell out over the weekend.

I agree, in hindsight it would have been better to bring photos with me, which I will going forward. However, I dont expect to see photos from only 1 show when they have been in many shows, and no photos from any of the the last 3 projects they have been in. Plus if they are offering photos they should surely be a minimum standard of quality. I have been to loads of these shows over the last 8 years, and never had much of a problem before. OK there might be the odd show not covered or the odd photo blurred etc, but nowhere near to the level this weekend, and not when your going around at 10:00 - 11:am on the first day so there is no chance anything has sold out.

Couldn't get any decent ones online. Really should have taken either of my books or DVD cover. Hopefully he'll attend another time. PS try and get Jeff Daniels please

Then "screen grab" your own. Watch a DVD, freeze to an ideal scene. Screen dump image (cmd+shift+4 - for Mac users). Upload to snapfish.co.uk and print out in any size you wish.

Whatever you want to get signed, it's up to you. The above is a suggestion on how to get pass the online option.