What a difference from summer.

a hugely enjoyable Saturday & a complete contrast to my summer LFCC experience.

Ian Lavender was a complete legend- a top bloke.

Alan Ruck was gracious & generous with his time.

Comfortable environment, friendly guests, staff & fellow customers.

Well done to all involved.

Looking forward to next year already.

the winter show is much younger that our summer show and as such its still building up , this year compeared to last year was up around 25% which was fine we also took an extra 40% more space than last years winter show so it was very easy to get around , the guests all did well and we are very happy with the day and a few things that we tried on the background.

hope you all had a good day to :-)

jason

Hi Jason, Good to hear the Winter Show is up Year on Year!

As mentioned earlier, I had a Great time on Sunday. I tend to judge a show by the Quality of the Guests, particularly if they are First-Timers e.g. Ralph Macchio and C.Thomas Howell (Both Lovely/Friendly Guys). it doesn't matter to me how busy or quiet a show is or indeed the location. I look forward to Milton Keynes already!

Regards Z

I know a couple of people who didn't come because they'd had such a bad time at the summer event. I tried to convince them that the winter event is nice and quiet, to no avail unfortunately.

But for me it was as expected for the winter London event - in a good way!

Quieter than the summer (regarding the crowds), well organised with helpful crew, generally less rushed to do everything I planned, and great guest experiences - overall a good weekend.

In particular, I like having free talks because I can rarely see the whole talk due to photoshoots and, as such clashes invariably happen, I don't mind missing 5 or even 10 minutes of a talk to go to a photoshoot if I haven't paid for it! And there were a good selection of talks on offer this weekend. Alan Ruck, in particular, was great. I'd forgotten all the various movies he'd been in until he talked about Speed, Twister etc!

Edited by girlingray

For the first time i have attended these shows and noone selling UNSIGNED 10x8 photos? Plenty of presigned ones but i was hoping to get a couple of pics and to see what was in the guests at future events box had to offer. Also i noticed that one or two other dealers that normally there without fail... Were not. Not sure if this is cause they were at another show or if they simply felt it was not economically viable. Be interesting to find out. Surprised to see a stall there selling fudge at a comic con? And one or two other stalls which i felt were a bit out of place here. Not meaning to demean any of them or their stock but as i say to me just looked slightly out of place. Still cant fault the guys who i bought reaction figures from they were awesome. And at last i found someone with the river song and chair boxset been looking for that for a while. So if miss Kingston should ever reappear....

the winter show is much younger that our summer show and as such its still building up , this year compeared to last year was up around 25% which was fine we also took an extra 40% more space than last years winter show so it was very easy to get around , the guests all did well and we are very happy with the day and a few things that we tried on the background.

hope you all had a good day to :-)

jason

Oh good, glad to hear that. I couldn't remember last year's winter one to compare, and it's apples to puppies, comparing winter to this summer one...

I do generally like the winter ones - cooler, so less hot when running round, quieter so easier to move (especially if you got more space). If this one grows in success and that's good for SM and for fans (more guests/bigger names) then yay!

Just any galactic names like Stan Lee level, please make a separate event ;). Everyone will thank you.

Cheers for a lovely winter event though. Nothing to fault there - even had some seating which was nice during the waiting periods!

• Showmasters Admin

Think it was so quiet due to people being put off after the summer chaos. Will take a while to build trust again and casual attendees will take a few shows to return. The hardcore will always attend and I think thats who made up the crowds this weekend.

Well this winters event was 25% up on any other winter london show we run so all in all we felt it was a great success and was also a good way to try out some new things for next year that most of you did not even notice :-)

our summer show is 10 year in the making where as our winter show under its new identerty Winter LFCC is only 3 years old things need to grow and build it was the same size at our summer show 5 years ago so its going the right way , also as there are many less tourists in town at this time of year and people are starting to make trips to london in the summer to go to LFCC summer at the same time it dose bring in lots of people that just are not there in the winter , but we are happy and we took more space than any other winter show so we will be seeing bigger line ups and more space over the next few years to some :-)

jason

• Showmasters Admin

For the first time i have attended these shows and noone selling UNSIGNED 10x8 photos? Plenty of presigned ones but i was hoping to get a couple of pics and to see what was in the guests at future events box had to offer. Also i noticed that one or two other dealers that normally there without fail... Were not. Not sure if this is cause they were at another show or if they simply felt it was not economically viable. Be interesting to find out. Surprised to see a stall there selling fudge at a comic con? And one or two other stalls which i felt were a bit out of place here. Not meaning to demean any of them or their stock but as i say to me just looked slightly out of place. Still cant fault the guys who i bought reaction figures from they were awesome. And at last i found someone with the river song and chair boxset been looking for that for a while. So if miss Kingston should ever reappear....

just read your post mode do not know this but that weekend there was 3 big European events all on the same weekend we even ran the photo ops in one of them so dealers had to choose or they went to the one they booked first .

so it will be a full line up of traders at the next event ;-)

j