What a difference from summer.

I attended today and I was shocked how quiet it was, this london event has got to be the quietist it has ever been but on the plus side it was a lot better and easier to move around and do everything at ease. Also I was surprised that not many people met mindy sterling, she is lovely to talk to, I would recommend anyone to meet her

• Like 1

Yeah I think this one was so quiet as a show on the whole not just comparing it to the summer show . Let's face it the pull of Stan Lee was the draw of the summer and it being his last European signing made it more manic than expected, we may never get another god like that in England signing at a convention and if showmasters do then I salute you. I arrived at the show this morning at five past nine no queue to get in for early birds which I thought was fab and no queue to pay cash for tickets which was double fab I went a got my vq tickets for the four guests I wanted to see to be told all were open queue except for one which was Ralph Macchio ( I hope I've spelt that right apology if I haven't) the others still being a big draw for me anyway included James o Barr , C Thomas Howell and Andrew Rothenberg ( I hope I spelt that right too).Got me signing walked around the stalls twice we were all done by half twelve which I have to say in twenty three years of attending conventions is never heard of so all in all a good enjoyable short show trip for me so to see what the future holds x x

Too busy, too quiet. lol .

It was extremely quiet, and I think, maybe quieter than last year but the winter ones are always quieter. I use them as an opportunity to check the stalls out and have a nice leisurely walk around. The summer ones, I'm always running to get to shoots etc. I do wish it has been a little busier but that's just the way it is. Can't really complain. Got there at 12:40 and left at 4:30 and spent the rest of the evening in the local pub.

Thought it was almost eerie in there today! Made for a very relaxing day though, no stress at all.

The turnout for the 2 talks I went to ( Walking Dead and Alan Ruck) were pitiful, bordering embarrassing and overall I suspect this may lead to Showmasters, and dare I say it even some guests having a bit of a rethink next Winter.

Love the home made fudge stall too - get in there fellas! Well played.

Andrewrolar - hate to rub it in, but it is delicious, and the ginger marshmallow in particular was excellent!

I think the problem with this show being quiet is that there are a lot of this kind of show around at the moment and so for a lot of people, they have to be picky as to which show to attend.

I too felt sorry for a lot of the 'guests' who were just sitting there twiddling their thumbs when I was there. However, as a lot of them were from what I would call 'cult' shows as opposed to mainstream shows, I guess this is understandable.

I did have a lovely chat, however, with Ariana Richards (Jurassic Park) who is now an artist and, having looked at her website, an excellent one at that!

Think it was so quiet due to people being put off after the summer chaos. Will take a while to build trust again and casual attendees will take a few shows to return. The hardcore will always attend and I think thats who made up the crowds this weekend.

Edited by gobo1979uk
  • Like 1

Arrived at 09:15 and walked straight in the venue. WOW !

The hall was damn near empty. Got the only auto I went for (Lalla Ward) straight away.

Went around the stalls. Heard some of the stall holders complaining about lack of customers.

I was back out and on on the tube in just over an hour !

I didn't go this summer but have been to plenty in the past. Really enjoyed today and thought it was a pleasant change to have some room; actually had chance to see what the stands had on offer. Met a few of the stormtroopers - great guys all of them. Is it me or are Peter Duncan and Ralph Macchio ageing disturbingly well!!?

Cosplay parade was brilliant too, fair play to those who took part. Didn't see who won though ....... anyone know?

I can see why the dealers would be annoyed at the lack of customers, and that's a shame.

I know we go to these events to meet some of our favourite actors/artists etc, and, if like the summer, we miss out because it's so busy, we do get very annoyed. But this weekend it seems so far that everyone that attended met everyone they wanted to, which is fantastic, but the lack of people attending is a shame, because we make the atmosphere.

Unfortunately, yesterday, there just wasn't that atmosphere.

I saw all of the wrestlers at one point just sitting at their empty tables either talking to their assistant or each other as no one was wanting to meet them, if this was a few years ago, I'd have been all over that!

Like said above though, maybe the summer event put people off from going this time, maybe there just wasn't the mainstream interest.

Personally, I enjoyed myself and hope everyone else that attended did too.

..Please may I start by conveying a Massive Thank You to Jason and the Team for All the Stellar Events so far in 2014.

Today, LFCC 19 Oct 2014, was Beyond Perfect!! I made an 100 mile trip in the Car to arrive just after 9:00am, paid and entered without any delay. Couldn't believe my luck when I received All VQ tickets under #40...

All Honoured Guests were as congenial and accommodating as imaginable; Ralph Macchio, C.Thomas Howell, Katie Sackhoff and a Special Mention for Dave Prowse MBE who is the Nicest Bloke Ever...!!

To cut a not-so-long-story even shorter, after collecting 8 Prized Autographs I left the building at 9:44am to arrive back home Another 100 miles later at 12-Noon...!! As a 'Seasoned Attendee' I didn't feel the need to stay any longer, had I lived inside London and accessed the Tube it may have been a different story...

To reference the negativity of certain aspects in 2014, here's my perspective...

Carrie Fisher: Last time I had the pleasure was July 2006, the Day when England were knocked out of the World Cup (Again)

-She was Lovely!! Back then it cost £25 per Auto, including a 'Posed Photo' at the Table...!!

-What do we expect today? Carrie Fisher is to appear in Episode VII, of course she's allowed to be a Diva, we need to realise she's the Diana Ross/Mariah Carey of the Star Wars Universe ...puppies and all.

LFCC Summer 2014: Technically/Arguably the BIGGEST Name EVER appeared, as we all witnessed it made a Normally Busy Event even Busier... What did we all expect?

First thing we did was to Order 'Early-Bird Tickets' for Saturday decreed by the 'Rule of Madsen' ..Michael Madsen due to appear at a show in 2003 for TWO days, guess what? Second Day No Show. From that day onwards it was Always a Rule to attend on the First Day that is practical for any Important/First-time signers. It appears the rule came into effect on Sunday 13 July 2014 where no Autographs were available by a certain guest.

I was abundantly clear that with the Biggest Guest Line-Up ever, a Precise Strategy was required. I had to leave home at 3:00am to pick up 'the Boys' 70miles away, then arrived at Earls Court just after 7:00am and Parked downstairs. With Lengthy Queues already in place, we gained entry just after 9:00am. Dashed over to Hall 2 to collect VQ tickets, mercifully I landed #88, and got whisked through and made a Sharp Exit with 3 Stan Lee Autographs within 90minutes.

Later On, 'and in no particular order', garnered Signatures from John Hurt, Michael Biehn (Really Nice and Chatty Bloke), Summer Glau and after waiting 11 Years... Michael Madsen!!

The Boys and I spent a merry-fortune on Autographs, but Zero-Pence on Food/Drink -bringing it with us seemed the most sensible option. All done and left for home by 3pm. the only minor-stress encountered was lunchtime for the Guests! So, technically it was more than possible to have survived the 2014 Summer LFCC...

Objectively, will there ever be another line-up to match the calibre of LFCC Summer 2014? I, speaking personally, may not have felt the benefit of a suggested 'Premium Ticket' for an event such as this? In respect to future events, if offered a Premium Ticket for Sir Christopher Lee CBE as an example, where I could turn up at Any Time and have an Autograph without Queuing then maybe YES at the right price...

Fact is, even If I paid £80 for such a Premium Ticket which I consider to be reasonable, is it fair on Others who may not have the same resource? For example if 500 Premium Tickets were pre-sold for Sir Christopher Lee, this may seriously limit the availability for Standard Entries. Is that Fair or is it a case of 'Highest Bidder Wins' acceptable?. Sir Christopher Lee would be an Extremely good example, if I were a Gambling Man I would put money on the Gentleman limiting his appearance to Less than One Day....

Look forward to hearing any views.

Regards Z

Good news people - After speaking to the GallowayFudge stall on my way out to pick up a package they said that this being their first event and all, it was quieter then they would have liked today but did decent business on Saturday. Enough business to make them want to come back again.

Sooooooo we can all relax now, :dance: the Banoffee fudge will return... :clap:

• Like 2

Well this summer was the first time my brother and I had attended a LFCC set up by Showmaster, and yes it was busy, but we made the journey both days and got everything we wanted.

Having been today, I can say it was great. We were done after our last photo shoot at 1pm and home just after 4pm. The quietness did make it a lot more eerie however we just thought it worked in our favour. Will be interesting to see what this summer brings.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Today was the best LFCC event that I've attended in years - quick Early Bird Entry shortly after 9am, lots of space and I got all my autos done by 10am! The guests were great - Ariana, Ralph, Catrin, Nicola and Liz were a joy to chat with.

Well done Showmasters!

• Moderators

It was pretty standard for a Winter one. If anyone's in a panic thinking it was way too quiet compared to Summer, I don't think so.

The Winter one has never been as busy, and all comments pre-event said the same.

• Showmasters Admin

the winter show is much younger that our summer show and as such its still building up , this year compeared to last year was up around 25% which was fine we also took an extra 40% more space than last years winter show so it was very easy to get around , the guests all did well and we are very happy with the day and a few things that we tried on the background.

hope you all had a good day to :-)

jason

• Like 2