YALC Returns to LFCC for some Spin-Off Panels

• Showmasters Admin

We're delighted to announce that YALC will be popping up at the London Film and Comic Con Winter event, on Sunday 19 October, with two special spin-off panel events.

At 1.00pm, Hey YA! will bring together YALC favourites James Dawson and Non Pratt with superstar US author James Frey to discuss all things young adult fiction – what YA is, who reads it and why we love it. (James Frey will also be doing a solo event at 2.00pm followed by a signing session.)

At 3.00pm, join us for Female Characters in Fantasy Fiction – a panel discussion exploring gender and genre with authors Laure Eve, Zoe Marriott and Samantha Shannon.

Each event will be followed by a one-hour book signing, with books available to buy from our Waterstones bookshop. Events are free with a ticket to London Film and Comic Con.

Tickets to London Film and Comic Con will be available to purchase on the door from 9am, priced ay £15 for early bird tickets (entry from 9.00am) and £8 for standard tickets (entry from 11.00am). For more information about Winter LFCC and tickets, see the website: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

For all the latest news about YALC, follow @yalc_uk , @showmasters and the hashtag #YALC on Twitter.

Showmasters, I love you guys and thoroughly enjoyed all things YALC in the summer. I think you did underestimate it a bit, the YALC people I talked too thought the same. I'm sure you'd hold the great succes of the summer in mind for next summer, but I you'll announce things like this it a bit earlier. It's rather late to order books from the UK for the event (and I might have attended sunday as well had I known this before). Hopefully it'll be back in the summer :)

The only two authors I wanted to meet at the last "YALC" show were Paul Cornell and Ben Aaronovitch, and I missed both of them due to them only being there at a specific time. It was never mentioned beforehand that they would only be there at a certain time, and so I didn't get to meet them. So I have two requests. One is that this sort of thing is highlighted for any future limited signings. The other is that these authors be invited back at some point. They have a large Dr. Who fanbase in addition to their other works, and I'm sure the people like myself who missed them (due to no fault of our own) would be very happy to meet them.

• Like 1

The only two authors I wanted to meet at the last "YALC" show were Paul Cornell and Ben Aaronovitch, and I missed both of them due to them only being there at a specific time. It was never mentioned beforehand that they would only be there at a certain time, and so I didn't get to meet them. So I have two requests. One is that this sort of thing is highlighted for any future limited signings. The other is that these authors be invited back at some point. They have a large Dr. Who fanbase in addition to their other works, and I'm sure the people like myself who missed them (due to no fault of our own) would be very happy to meet them.

If they were part of the YALC line up, they did post a schedule with talks and autograph sessions a couple of weeks before the event. If they didn't belong with the YALC group, you are quite right. I was planning on getting Joe Abercrombie but he was already gone before noon.

• Moderators

Showmasters, I love you guys and thoroughly enjoyed all things YALC in the summer. I think you did underestimate it a bit, the YALC people I talked too thought the same. I'm sure you'd hold the great succes of the summer in mind for next summer, but I you'll announce things like this it a bit earlier. It's rather late to order books from the UK for the event (and I might have attended sunday as well had I known this before). Hopefully it'll be back in the summer :)

Things are announced ASAP. It's not like they deliberately hold things back. Of course they want it advertised etc for as much as possible.