Buying Tickets On The Door

For one reason or another, I've left it too late to buy in advance it seems. Is there genuinely any point in turning up on the door? Last LFACC I was turned away on the Saturday, and couldn't even buy a ticket for the Sunday. So, realistically, is there any point to turning up to this - or should I just chalk it up to experience, and not come back again unless I buy a gold pass?

Similar for me, I've never bought on the door before and with DST completely forgot about the deadline for this show. I'm hoping there won't be a problem, with the greatest respect to the guest list at this event, which is good hence why I want to go (added quickly!) it's probably not quite got the same massive draw as the summer show with the likes of Stan Lee, McDiarmid etc so I'm guessing this will be more back to normal in terms of entry.

The winter shows have always been quite a bit quieter than the summer shows, and there has never been a problem buying tickets on the door.

In the old world, I would have agreed with you. I've been going to these shows almost as long as the inestimable Count, and I've never seen a problem on the door... until this year. Getting told to sod off with two kids in tow was not a great experience!

I paid on the door last year, don't think I turned up until about 8:40 and there weren't many people in front of me. Year before I had tickets but turned up a few mins after opening expecting to join the back of a moving queue and walked straight in as there was hardly anyone there.

Obviously it's no guarantee but the winter one doesn't have the draw of so many big names (in my opinion) as the summer one and has always been a lot quieter.