What do you get signed?

Just wondering what people tend to go for? Do you buy pics from the guests to be signed? Do you bring your own you've bought online? Do you get a photoshoot and then get that pic signed? I'm normally more of a photo person myself and don't tend to go for sigs but there's a guest at this event I'd love a sig from and can't decide what to go for!! (Damn my indecision!!)

As well as 10x8 photos i also get books and carded figures signed. As a big Doctor Who fan i try and get as many exclusive carded figures signed this rules out the first three Doctors out sadly. Also plain white index cards are a good thing to have. In July i had john hurt sign his sonic screwdriver and figure. Basically you not confined to just photos. My star wars chronicles book has a mere 66 autographs in it after 17 of travelling and attending various shows and now that nine of those people who have signed it are no longer around i think to myself i am so glad i got them when i did. At the WLFCC if you see someone getting a lot of Dr Who figures signed esp by Nicola Bryant chances are it will be me.....

only pics, we never have dvd's or anything signed... we do have specific "filler up" items (scripts/mounts) that we have signed for shows we really really like

we usually think really really hard about the pics we have signed, see if there's anything specific we want depicted on them LOL

Showmasters always tend to have a great selection of photos but I've occasionally bought an 8x10 from one of the stalls instead.

More recently though I've tended to go for a mini poster or a 16x12 print of a favourite movie or show so I can get multiple signatures on one item :)

I though there was a limit of 5 items?

As someone who doesn't usually get signed stuff, can someone clarify? If I pay for a signing with someone, do I get just one item signed or can I get a few things (ie up to 5)? I wasn't aware of this if this is the case. Ta!

I though there was a limit of 5 items?

As someone who doesn't usually get signed stuff, can someone clarify? If I pay for a signing with someone, do I get just one item signed or can I get a few things (ie up to 5)? I wasn't aware of this if this is the case. Ta!

You pay for each individual signature and can have a maximum of five autographs at one time.

In terms of your original question I've had books, autograph book, me and the guest photo, LP sleeves, DVD sleeves and SM provided photos off the table. Oh and I couldn't resist the opportunity of a jar of Gold Blend with Anthony Head :)

Edited by Knitty Fred
  • Like 1

To the poster who has metal posters and steel books signed do they eventually go rusty or anything? I ask as my terminator 2 video box set ( yes i know i am going way back now) has gone all rusty. And my Dr who video tins from 1993 have gone the same way. If i left them out in the rain or didn't look after them fair enough but they have only been in the house on the shelf.... So my point is is it worth getting things like this signed if (eventually) they start to decay?

Got be good 90-95% my sigs are on the free 10x8's with handful bought ones from stalls at event. As for the rest,few larger pics from 'sports stand' when got team reunions, 16x12 (think) Throne poster for errrr...... well GOT, one Avengers trading & Glamour Hammer book.

Edited by madmilburn

I usually get a poster signed by as many of the cast as possible and 8x10's. If its the 8x10 I'll get my name on it but ask for the signature only on the poster - it saves space and I don't want multiple 'to x.....'s' as it would look silly.

To the poster who has metal posters and steel books signed do they eventually go rusty or anything? I ask as my terminator 2 video box set ( yes i know i am going way back now) has gone all rusty. And my Dr who video tins from 1993 have gone the same way. If i left them out in the rain or didn't look after them fair enough but they have only been in the house on the shelf.... So my point is is it worth getting things like this signed if (eventually) they start to decay?

As far as the metal posters go, they're from a company called Displate, they've assured me that they shouldn't rust as they are 'corrosion resistant' their words. Steelbooks I'm not entirely sure about, never thought of it until you said. Maybe the paint and finish on them, or the way they're produced would counter some sort of corrosion?

It's a shame we can't (although someone correct me if I'm wrong) see what pics will be available from SM on the day to help us decide if we want to bring our own or not. Perhaps an online gallery before each show? Probably impossible due to copyright or whatnot, just thinking out loud.

It's a shame we can't (although someone correct me if I'm wrong) see what pics will be available from SM on the day to help us decide if we want to bring our own or not. Perhaps an online gallery before each show? Probably impossible due to copyright or whatnot, just thinking out loud.

Yes this would be good !