Tickets on sale online now

I've ordered our Gold Passes yesterday!!! :clap:

But... eh... can anyone explain why I have to pay for shipping (7 GBP as i am outside the UK) if the passes won't get shipped?! :whistling: Surely we'll get refunds for that right? Misters Showmasters? :-) Thanking you!

the shipping is for them to send us our tickets whitch wont happene till nearer the event. some of showmasters events (e.g. chevron) you just have an email you can print out at home to take but comic con's you get your tickets posted to you so you have to pay P&P. hope this helps.

But... eh... can anyone explain why I have to pay for shipping (7 GBP as i am outside the UK) if the passes won't get shipped?! :whistling: Surely we'll get refunds for that right? Misters Showmasters? :-) Thanking you!

the shipping is for them to send us our tickets whitch wont happene till nearer the event. some of showmasters events (e.g. chevron) you just have an email you can print out at home to take but comic con's you get your tickets posted to you so you have to pay P&P. hope this helps.
Yer and to be fair to Showmasters I don't think their shipping charges are outrageous, we all no that using the post can be expensive these days. Pity there is no system to print your tickets at home, I'd like to see that introduced in the future.
  • Like 2

But as Sheldine and I have pointed out already - We've ordered Gold passes which are not shipped out at all... They are handed out at the event, so why the extra P&P for something that is expensive already and won't be sent through the post.

Well that's my tickets bought, I have decided to buy one for Saturday and one for Sunday as this year I felt I didn't have enough time to see everyone I wanted to on just the Saturday. Looking forward to it already as hopefully there will be a lot of Star Wars guests, more than normal, seeing as though the new film is out next December.

Mmmm, I could never justify the cost of the gold personally. With just the early bird at this summer LFCC and a bit of self organisation I managed to get everything done inc meeting Stan Lee, Carrie, John Hurt, Summer Glau, Jenna etc etc and others too on just the Saturday. Still, if money were no object I'd probably have one :-)

We do more then just meet guests ;) We had silvers (too late for comic gold and we wanted priority at Stan as well, so went for comic silver instead of regular gold) at the LFCC this year and I left with the feeling it was worth every single penny, just for not having to queue everywhere. We would never have been able to do what we did without that expensive, granted, pass.

But as Sheldine and I have pointed out already - We've ordered Gold passes which are not shipped out at all... They are handed out at the event, so why the extra P&P for something that is expensive already and won't be sent through the post.

From reading the gold pass description it seems they are actually sending special personalised tickets out, which you'll need to show on the day to get your gold pass wristband. That special ticket is probably what the P&P is for.

• Like 1

From reading the gold pass description it seems they are actually sending special personalised tickets out, which you'll need to show on the day to get your gold pass wristband. That special ticket is probably what th

That's interesting then, because Jason has said in the opening post to the 'New Tickets and new things...' post:

"GOLD PASSES

The all new Gold Pass tickets for 2015 onwards.

Gold pass holders that are at the event before the advertised open time will be issued their passes before the doors open, and will gain access to the venue before normal "Entry Ticket" holders enter."

But heh - there's plenty of time to go to get that all sorted out...right?

From reading the gold pass description it seems they are actually sending special personalised tickets out, which you'll need to show on the day to get your gold pass wristband. That special ticket is probably what th

That's interesting then, because Jason has said in the opening post to the 'New Tickets and new things...' post:

"GOLD PASSES

Gold pass holders that are at the event before the advertised open time will be issued their passes before the doors open, and will gain access to the venue before normal "Entry Ticket" holders enter."

yes that means you will be issued with the wrist band passes. to got thos you will need to show the tickets that come in the post.

"GOLD PASSES

yes that means you will be issued with the wrist band passes. to got thos you will need to show the tickets that come in the post.

Well that's just asinine.... Why change the fact that you can just show the email/order printout & ID. Seems like a complete waste of time, effort and money to me...

• Like 1

Got my weekend tickets :dance::clap: I have no doubt that showmasters will put on a great weekend. Can't stop checking the website everyday to see if anyone has been announced yet. July next year is a long time to wait, better start saving for a diamond pass :thumbup:

You know you can set up your notifications so you get an e-mail for new topics of conversations which will include guest announcements dont you?

You need to go into the details and it says :

"Your Gold Pass will be sent in the form of a personalised ticket that you will need to exchange on the day for your wristband. Wristbands MUST BE WORN FOR THE DURATION OF THE SHOW! If you purchase a gold pass you agree to wear the wristband as your proof of purchase."

So unlike this year you'll be sent say a plastic token which is then swapped on the day.

Given that I usually end up getting autos and photoshoots for around 30 guests at each summer LFCC these days and couldn't survive without a Gold Pass, I'm not going to risk them selling out waiting for guest announcements. (With the LFCC, it's pretty much a given that I'll have lots of lovely guests to meet, and it's the only event for which I buy a GP.) As it happens, I was putting my LFCCW order in tonight so figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. ;)

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 1

I bit the bullet and bought a weekend pass. First time I've ever bought one & I think I done it more as a security policy for myself in case next year has the same craziness the past summer. Also safeguards me in case I want a "Saturday only guest" and the Saturday tickets sell out.