Tickets on sale online now

Just thought, last time i bought a ticket quite close to the show, but I'm thinking of getting a weekend ticket now. However i'll be moving in a few months time & don't think I've ever bought a ticket for any event 9 months in advance, so presumably I need to give an address i know I can get tickets from as guessing they're not going to be dispatched til a few weeks before the event?

Thanks

Just thought, last time i bought a ticket quite close to the show, but I'm thinking of getting a weekend ticket now. However i'll be moving in a few months time & don't think I've ever bought a ticket for any event 9 months in advance, so presumably I need to give an address i know I can get tickets from as guessing they're not going to be dispatched til a few weeks before the event?

Thanks

I have the same problem ! I am in the process of moving so wasn't sure what address to give so I gave my mums 😄

Yay, bought my Gold Ticekt *excited!!!!!*

Question: what always bothers me during the process of buying tickets - for every new interesting guest I want to have a picture with and purchase a photo session, I have to pay for delivery again. Now I realise that you cannot announce all guests at the same time, but would it be possible, from the fact that we have to register and log in anyway to make the purchase, to have different orders from the same buyer pooled and sent out as one? last year i spent an extra 5£ just for last minute announcements...

• Like 1

Hope I can get our Saturday entry tickets tonight!!

Why wouldn't you? Do people around REALLY think the event will sell out in 24h??? Come on people, stop panicking!!!!!

Lol! I know, I don't know why there is such hysteria about this. I don't really understand the logic in putting the tickets on sale now anyway, why not in the new year? But I guess some people just like it sorted and out of the way.
  • Like 3

Me neither don't really understand the urgency, if you want photoshoots later on your going to have to pay another £2.50 on postage as you have made 2 different transactions. I would have thought it was best to wait and buy everything together?

I just hope not everyone is panic buying now so that those that book next year when guests HAVE been announced can even get one.

Edited by buffy2k
  • Like 3

Hope I can get our Saturday entry tickets tonight!!

Why wouldn't you? Do people around REALLY think the event will sell out in 24h??? Come on people, stop panicking!!!!!

Lol! I know, I don't know why there is such hysteria about this. I don't really understand the logic in putting the tickets on sale now anyway, why not in the new year? But I guess some people just like it sorted and out of the way.

Totally agree. The hysteria and panic from some is ridiculous. It's clearly my problem though that I'd rather wait and see if the expense of a gold pass is justifiable when some actual guests are announced but suspect that option is going to be taken out of my hands and I can't afford it now really anyway being committed to various other events over the next few weeks (DSTL, WLFCC, HW6 and CMMK for example).

For WLFCC there's 2 guests I want to see. If i'd bought a gold pass way in advance it would have been a complete waste of money for me.

DSTL got it right. Get a large proportion of guests sorted and then put tickets on sale so you can make an informed decision about what package is right for you.

For most SM events it's not a problem, tickets go steadily and I appreciate it's nice for them to have some money up front from early sales but it seems because of the chaos some experienced at the summer event it's all panic, panic and most of that I believe was down to Stan Lee being there. I understand some people have the money to just buy the passes whatever and will be going anyway no matter what but maybe I'm unusual as for me it's about what guests are going and deciding what ticket I need based on that.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 4

Lol umm...ok sorry to cause a discussion with my comment. I also meant that I hope I don't forget but I have to get 5 tickets for all my friends. I like to make sute Ive got them.

So not really panic or hysteria just me hoping I remember to get them and not let my friends down. Oh and a hint of excitement there too.

• Like 2

Lol umm...ok sorry to cause a discussion with my comment. I also meant that I hope I don't forget but I have to get 5 tickets for all my friends. I like to make sute Ive got them.

So not really panic or hysteria just me hoping I remember to get them and not let my friends down. Oh and a hint of excitement there too.

My comment was not directed at you specifically, apologies if it seemed that way. It's just the general vibe that seems to be around at the moment.

• Like 2

My comment was not directed at you specifically, apologies if it seemed that way. It's just the general vibe that seems to be around at the moment.

Thats ok :)

We bought our two golds yesterday already for a few simple reasons:

1. We are 100% certain we are going, unless something extremely serious would prevent us;

2. The trip is again part of our summer holidays. I don't want to spent it queueing, so we don't mind spending extra for the extremely helpful easy entry and no vq tickets the gold gives us. Having this year's experience and Jason's promise the next LFCC is even more epic then this year's one, I'm not even considering anything less then a gold pass with the expected crowd. No gold pass would mean I'm not going.

3. See 2: those and the other benefits of the gold pass outway the costs for me by a longshot. Since they are limited, better to buy now then wait.

• Like 2

I must be missing something, I haven’t seen one hysterical or panicie post, just a few happy people who have bought their tickets early and have things sorted, like myself.

There could be hysteria & panic in a few more months when like you said a few big guests are announced and the remaining tickets are getting low. At least I know now I will not be missing out on the show whereas some people will.

Edited by stobbs
  • Like 2

I must be missing something, I haven’t seen one hysterical or panicie post, just a few happy people who have bought their tickets early and have things sorted, like myself.

There could be hysteria & panic in a few more months when like you said a few big guests are announced and the remaining tickets are getting low. At least I know now I will not be missing out on the show whereas some people will.

It's not about missing out on the show, it's about making an informed decision about what tickets are best suited to you. If there ends up just being one guest I want, I could save money by only going one day. If there's none I might not go at all or just go to meet friends. If there's lots then I may see value in a gold pass. If there's a big diamond guest I might not be able to afford that and a gold pass. Right now I can't make that decision, I don't have the money to just blindly spend £225 on a pass with other shows coming up I'm already committed to and they are selling very rapidly.

I will just have to keep a close eye on how many are left I suppose and hope some guests are announced soon that may help with the decision. Or just swear and go for a weekend ticket and take my chances.

I don't get people buying gold tickets so early. Yes if you have the money now then fine but really? I don't get why spend so much when there is only one guest announced and he's not even got an official thread yet. Why? I guess even if I was thinking about going gold I won't be able to because soon they'll all be sold out. I book for guests and don't like to spend on what I can't see as I might only be interested in a few guests - only 6 in 2014 I think. Also the price hike now include 'free' autos and photo shoots with the £10 guests. But realistically who is £10 these days? Classic Who guests and GoT, none of which I'm interested in. Why not drop the price back so people aren't wasting money on things they won't get / want / need. Anyway I'm not buying entry tickets for a while now, got DSTL, WLFCC, HW6 plus a couple of other events to sort before an event 10 months away!

• Like 1

Just as a side note, I wonder what measures if any are in place to stop the ticket touts buying up large numbers in the online shop to sell at a handsome profit later? I saw this at the Summer Show for Stan Lee tickets. I hope Jason and the team can find a way to stop this happening.

I don't get people buying gold tickets so early. Yes if you have the money now then fine but really? I don't get why spend so much when there is only one guest announced and he's not even got an official thread yet. Why? I guess even if I was thinking about going gold I won't be able to because soon they'll all be sold out. I book for guests and don't like to spend on what I can't see as I might only be interested in a few guests - only 6 in 2014 I think. Also the price hike now include 'free' autos and photo shoots with the £10 guests. But realistically who is £10 these days? Classic Who guests and GoT, none of which I'm interested in. Why not drop the price back so people aren't wasting money on things they won't get / want / need. Anyway I'm not buying entry tickets for a while now, got DSTL, WLFCC, HW6 plus a couple of other events to sort before an event 10 months away!

Yup, got the money and yup, really. You might not be interested without guests announced and only be interested in a few guests and not being interested in 10 pound Classic Who and GoT guests, but I surely am. So yes, We've bought our gold passes yesterday. We are certain we want to go, those golds are limited, so why not buy them now? Why wait for more guests to be announced and run the risk the golds sell out?

Yup, got the money and yup, really. You might not be interested without guests announced and only be interested in a few guests and not being interested in 10 pound Classic Who and GoT guests, but I surely am. So yes, We've bought our gold passes yesterday. We are certain we want to go, those golds are limited, so why not buy them now? Why wait for more guests to be announced and run the risk the golds sell out?

I bought them now because without that gold ticket I would have missed out on half of the things I wanted to do this year. I am enough of a geek to have fun with whatever guests will be there and at the same time I am already saving on all talks (paid) and get nice seats at them as well. Another big point is that you do not have to queue for hours and can fit in more. Does not sound like much, but saves hours and hours in total, so more fun :) only queue I wish the gold ticket would give ma an advantage, too, is the food queue, but hey, who knows :) might be coming, soon, too. Gold is worth every pence, even if you cannot see it now, you might slap your forehead when you want to buy one and then they are gone...

• Like 1

We bought our two golds yesterday already for a few simple reasons:

1. We are 100% certain we are going, unless something extremely serious would prevent us;

2. The trip is again part of our summer holidays. I don't want to spent it queueing, so we don't mind spending extra for the extremely helpful easy entry and no vq tickets the gold gives us. Having this year's experience and Jason's promise the next LFCC is even more epic then this year's one, I'm not even considering anything less then a gold pass with the expected crowd. No gold pass would mean I'm not going.

3. See 2: those and the other benefits of the gold pass outway the costs for me by a longshot. Since they are limited, better to buy now then wait.

I'm the same. I 100% know im going, the trip is a holiday with a friend and we dont want to be queuing the whole time like we did this year and we know there are ALWAYS people we want to meet so we wanted to make sure we met them and then had time to enjoy the rest of our day. I got 2 golds yesterday within minutes of the tickets going on sale. one for me one for my best friend. i wanted to be 100% sure we had tickets as she is away and i am going away in the next few days. So as i knew we were deffenately going i wanted to make sure i had the tickets.

Edited by stargate geek emily
  • Like 2

Mmmm, I could never justify the cost of the gold personally. With just the early bird at this summer LFCC and a bit of self organisation I managed to get everything done inc meeting Stan Lee, Carrie, John Hurt, Summer Glau, Jenna etc etc and others too on just the Saturday. Still, if money were no object I'd probably have one :-)

• Like 2

Got my weekend tickets :dance::clap: I have no doubt that showmasters will put on a great weekend. Can't stop checking the website everyday to see if anyone has been announced yet. July next year is a long time to wait, better start saving for a diamond pass :thumbup:

Edited by Anubis278
  • Like 2

Mmmm, I could never justify the cost of the gold personally. With just the early bird at this summer LFCC and a bit of self organisation I managed to get everything done inc meeting Stan Lee, Carrie, John Hurt, Summer Glau, Jenna etc etc and others too on just the Saturday. Still, if money were no object I'd probably have one :-)

I dipped into my savings to get the gold as a special treat to myself. im unemployed and dont know if i'll ever have the money again to go gold so wanted to had a extra special weekend whilst i still had the money for it. If money were no object id definately go VIP and get diamond tickets for anyone i wanted to meet. but unless i get a job theres only a few people in the world id save up to get a diamond ticket for- robert downey jr, peter jackson, hugh jackmon, andi serkis.

• Like 1