New tickets and new things in store for 2015 LFCC

showmasters

"A guaranteed signed autograph, included in the price
A guaranteed photo op, included in the price
A guaranteed seat in the talk with said guest, included in the price"

As has been said, a large chunk of people have interest in just the auto, another chunk just the photo.

This pass seems to be forcing all 3 into the one package when it doesn't need to be...

Why can you not simply sell 300 Mr X autograph tickets, 300 Mr X photograph tickets and then sell talk tickets separately.

People can still get the full 'diamond package' - they just select auto/photo/talk in the shop and buy that.
But many others don't want that, they just want (and are able to afford) a photo, or just an auto, or even their budget might just stretch to be able to buy a talk ticket - but no, this diamond ticket is forcing people to buy all of them..

The more I think about it, the more I personally believe it is a bad move.

• Like 2

people dont have to buy the gold or diamondtickets. Gold are just on sale for those who want the full package. Diamond are on sale for those who are willing to pay the price to meet scertain guests that people wouldnt usuely be able to meet. people keep complainign about what is included or the price of tickets. for most guests if you dont want an auto or photo then then you can just get regular entry and pay for the photo or auto you want. the packages have been put together for those that want everything.

"A guaranteed signed autograph, included in the price

A guaranteed photo op, included in the price

A guaranteed seat in the talk with said guest, included in the price"

As has been said, a large chunk of people have interest in just the auto, another chunk just the photo.

This pass seems to be forcing all 3 into the one package when it doesn't need to be...

Why can you not simply sell 300 Mr X autograph tickets, 300 Mr X photograph tickets and then sell talk tickets separately.

People can still get the full 'diamond package' - they just select auto/photo/talk in the shop and buy that.

But many others don't want that, they just want (and are able to afford) a photo, or just an auto, or even their budget might just stretch to be able to buy a talk ticket - but no, this diamond ticket is forcing people to buy all of them..

The more I think about it, the more I personally believe it is a bad move.

I think you seem to be missing the point that the diamond ticket is a bolt on ticket and not a ticket in its own right. You would still need to buy a normal/gold ticket for entry etc.

SM have also said that the diamond ticket will only be relative to the guest in question and may/may not include all of those things. It may be that, say for instance Kermit the Frog, will not do photo shoots as it dries out his skin so will offer 5 autographs and a meet/greet with free worms thrown in.

Edited by Knitty Fred
  • Like 1

It still seems quite a restrictive way of offering the chance to meet a big name.

Say it's £400 quid for one of these Diamond tickets (and I'm sure most guests who participate would be doing an auto, a photoshoot and a 'talk or meet/greet').

You've already reduced your potential market hugely.

What difference does it make offering this:

1 Diamond ticket (includes photo/auto/talk) = £400

or Splitting it up?

1 Photo ticket = £160
1 Auto ticket = £200
1 Talk = £40

The person who was intending to get what is essentially a 'diamond ticket' can still buy all 3 items...

But since your customer base is much larger, by splitting and offering it as individual items, aren't you more certain of selling all your photos/autos - you've opened the market much more widely...there's a large percentage who are in the category of only wanting a pic or auto or even a talk...

• Like 2

It still seems quite a restrictive way of offering the chance to meet a big name.

Say it's £400 quid for one of these Diamond tickets (and I'm sure most guests who participate would be doing an auto, a photoshoot and a 'talk or meet/greet').

You've already reduced your potential market hugely.

What difference does it make offering this:

1 Diamond ticket (includes photo/auto/talk) = £400

or Splitting it up?

1 Photo ticket = £160

1 Auto ticket = £200

1 Talk = £40

The person who was intending to get what is essentially a 'diamond ticket' can still buy all 3 items...

But since your customer base is much larger, by splitting and offering it as individual items, aren't you more certain of selling all your photos/autos - you've opened the market much more widely...there's a large percentage who are in the category of only wanting a pic or auto or even a talk...

And then for everybody that says that someone else would say "why didn't they just sell it as a package"...

I think to be fair to Showmasters they would have looked at it from all sides and decided that it is the simplest way to just do it as it is. I think they said to do it like that was the only way they could obtain a diamond guest in the first place, basic economics I guess. At least it's a choice for us all to make.

I think everyone should consider that for the average joe to spend £200 on an autograph he has to be a pretty huge fan of that guest. Surely one would want the photo and talk as well no? I get there is a question of price for some people but if you can't afford the extra money I would question if you can afford just the autograph on its own. This isn't like it is a £10 voice actor guest where many people wouldn't want a photo - with all due respect.

Also I imagine wristbands/ID ill be given out which will help the whole process run smoother and take the dealers out of the equation. Chances are the big guest is going to have a small room or fenced off section of their own so a wristband means less ticket checking.

• Like 1

My weekend tickets arrived today. Let the impatient waiting begin!

Got mines on the 22nd as well (Saturday early birds) and I live in Belgium, fast delivery compared to previous years, next thing photoshoot tickets and possibly a diamond ticket depending on guests and prices.

Should have said Saturday tickets, as early birds are no more.... Old habits

Edited by mrvega
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So you guys seem to be getting a huge response from the Robert Englund diamond pass anoucement.

That being said i think its proved that you guys should look into the popularity of horror cons they can be very big

So how about it ???? You have a power rangers con, a twilight con and a buffy con, with a horror con i think will bring in some crazy amount of people look at the success of the many horror cons from around the world its crazy. And its very surprising that England does not have atleast one horror con which is very surprising because the British have had a huge part in the horror world and if it wasn't for Europe alot of horror movies that are now legendary would not have its success, and why well one of the reasons America always stock its nose up at the genre but over here always welcomed it so why the hell haven't we got a horror con. Germany does and its very popular.