New tickets and new things in store for 2015 LFCC

showmasters

Cheers for the help guys! Will get the gold pass for know after this year don't know what I'd do without it!

If a DP guest gets announced im desperate to meet will just have to stump up the money for both passes... well I hope haha

I'm soooo excited!!! :-) :clap: :clap: :clap: I'll be buying two gold passes as soon as I get home... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Maybe I'm odd but I don't see there's anything to be excited about yet. You could spend all that money and find there's no-one you actually want to meet. Unlikely I know but as someone said above, it's like buying a ticket for the cinema or a concert and not having any idea of who or what you're going to see. You wouldn't do it.

Maybe you ARE odd?! :) Or maybe I am?!?! What does it matter?! We both do the things that make sense to us an make us most happy!!! This convention is the event of the year for me so damn straight i buy a gold pass the first day because it makes me happy! I have my hotel booked for two months already :) Flights weren't open to be sold yet (not sure if they are now) but after next Payday I'll be booking those too. That's just how I do things :) Because... it makes me happy :)

• Like 6

This is what you get in a Diamond pass:-

A guaranteed signed autograph, included in the price

A guaranteed photo op, included in the price

A guaranteed seat in the talk with said guest, included in the price

When you buy a diamond pass, you get that lot. You can't pick and choose to make it cheaper, it'll be a set price. It's up to you if you make use of it and claim it all by getting the autographs and sitting in the talks. It's also up to you if you want to waste 2/3rds of your package that you've paid for.

And certain things need to be laid down before they are on sale. Can you sell the photo you don't want to someone desperate for it?

You can buy a 2nd talk ticket. Whats to stop you charging a stranger what you like for it?

Well that's black market stuff isn't it ;) I'm guessing SM's official answer would be no but I suppose you can do what you like but whether the person you sold it to can use it and get away with using it is a different story.

I doubt very much it'll be "black market stuff". The way I see it working is that you'll get an armband that'll say something like "Diamond Pass John Smith" that'll mean you get the shoot, the talk and the autograph with "John Smith" as long as you wear that armband. Maybe there'll be tick boxes on the armband to indicate that you've already had your shoot or whatever... or like a "hole gun" like they have on the trains or something... know what I mean? And you cannot take the armband off as it'll be destroyed if you do... that's the way I see it working...

Edited by Sheldine Cooper
  • Like 1

I doubt very much it'll be "black market stuff". The way I see it working is that you'll get an armband that'll say something like "Diamond Pass John Smith" that'll mean you get the shoot, the talk and the autograph with "John Smith" as long as you wear that armband. Maybe there'll be tick boxes on the armband to indicate that you've already had your shoot or whatever... or like a "hole gun" like they have on the trains or something... know what I mean? And you cannot take the armband off as it'll be destroyed if you do... that's the way I see it working...

Yes certainly it's hard to see the photo being transferable, but if someone offered you silly money for your option of a second autograph (even if you got it for them) or your second seat, it could be a benefit to both parties.

• Like 1

Yes certainly it's hard to see the photo being transferable, but if someone offered you silly money for your option of a second autograph (even if you got it for them) or your second seat, it could be a benefit to both parties.

If i was to go diamond but my friend was couldnt afford it id happily give her my 2nd auto for a fee even if it meant me getting it for her.

Edited by stargate geek emily

I'm soooo excited!!! :-) :clap: :clap: :clap: I'll be buying two gold passes as soon as I get home... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Maybe I'm odd but I don't see there's anything to be excited about yet. You could spend all that money and find there's no-one you actually want to meet. Unlikely I know but as someone said above, it's like buying a ticket for the cinema or a concert and not having any idea of who or what you're going to see. You wouldn't do it.

Maybe you ARE odd?! :) Or maybe I am?!?! What does it matter?! We both do the things that make sense to us an make us most happy!!! This convention is the event of the year for me so damn straight i buy a gold pass the first day because it makes me happy! I have my hotel booked for two months already :) Flights weren't open to be sold yet (not sure if they are now) but after next Payday I'll be booking those too. That's just how I do things :) Because... it makes me happy :)

I totally understand you, Sheldine.

I've already booked my flight and Hotel, and I feel happy because now I have only to wait for my next fabolous holidays in July! :dance: YAAAAIIIIIIII !!!! :clap:

• Like 2

I've already booked my flight and Hotel, and I feel happy because now I have only to wait for my next fabolous holidays in July! :dance: YAAAAIIIIIIII !!!! :clap:

I know it's great isn't it???? Three of my friends also booked their gold passes already! Two (a couple) yesterday (they are traveling from Germany) and one buddy from the UK. My friend and I are flying in from Ireland. :) I am beyond excited I can't bloody wait!!! :clap:Hey if you're on twitter add me if you want :) Same name there as here :) (goes for everyone else too btw I love making new con friends! :thumbup: )

• Like 2

I know it's great isn't it???? Three of my friends also booked their gold passes already! Two (a couple) yesterday (they are traveling from Germany) and one buddy from the UK. My friend and I are flying in from Ireland. :) I am beyond excited I can't bloody wait!!! :clap:Hey if you're on twitter add me if you want :) Same name there as here :) (goes for everyone else too btw I love making new con friends! :thumbup: )

We have done the same, flights are booked and paid for, hotel is booked and paid for, we have our gold passes, just waiting for photo ops and diamond info. We do loads of these here and in USA so we have to be organised. Off to Spooky Empire Convention in Florida on Monday, loads of Walking Dead stars and Tobin Bell! You have to plan and be organised if this is your 'thing'. :)

• Like 2

im still a bit concerned about everyone trying to get in at 9. even with pre-buying the tickets there is going to be some SERIOUS queuing going on. its definitely concerning, even with multiple entries, especially after how crazy the queuing was at the last LFCC. at least with the early entry and then normal entry it spread the amount of people going in at any one time.

also wondering how things will work if there venue hits capacity when there are still plenty of people outside.

aside from the entry stuff everything else sounds really good.

• Moderators

im still a bit concerned about everyone trying to get in at 9. even with pre-buying the tickets there is going to be some SERIOUS queuing going on. its definitely concerning, even with multiple entries, especially after how crazy the queuing was at the last LFCC. at least with the early entry and then normal entry it spread the amount of people going in at any one time.

also wondering how things will work if there venue hits capacity when there are still plenty of people outside.

One of the main reasons that they are only preselling tickets and not on the day is that they can only sell enough tickets that everyone can get in, so hitting capacity with people not in yet can't happen!

• Like 1

your not at all odd. i booked 2 cons for next year 1 (chevron) a whole year before it happens. i also booked a hol abroad almost 18 months before the hol will happen. i'll also be booking my hotel tickets next weekend once my friend who im going to lfcc with is back from her hol abroad. I cant wait for next year.

• Like 1

No you are not odd at all! I have booked a gold pass for next year for the first time ever. I like the fact that there are no guests yet because it is like a wrapped-up present :) I just hope that when it is unwrapped the guests will be as exciting as I can imagine they will be!! I love all the anticipation leading up to these events as much as the events themselves :) Next year will be the best one ever!

• Like 2

If i was to go diamond but my friend was couldnt afford it id happily give her my 2nd auto for a fee even if it meant me getting it for her.

Ok I guess what I am trying to say is that I fail to see how that would be possible... as I very much believe that they will all be linked to the armband you'll be getting. you will not be able to give it to a friend or sell it as far as I can imagine... get me? I mean i'd totally be happy to give it to a friend or whatever i have no issue with any of that I am just saying that i can't see this working know what i mean? I think it'll all be linked to your armband that'll be firmly attached to YOUR arm for the three days :)

Ok I guess what I am trying to say is that I fail to see how that would be possible... as I very much believe that they will all be linked to the armband you'll be getting. you will not be able to give it to a friend or sell it as far as I can imagine... get me? I mean i'd totally be happy to give it to a friend or whatever i have no issue with any of that I am just saying that i can't see this working know what i mean? I think it'll all be linked to your armband that'll be firmly attached to YOUR arm for the three days :)

I fail to see how it would be impossible, without firm rules in place. 'Friend' has poster, desperately wants it signed, you are meeting guest and are allowed to buy one extra. Half hour before meeting 'Friend' gives you poster and money to pay for the extra. You get it signed and give back. No severed limbs. Talk is even easier, they are your +1 (at cost)

• Like 1

One of the main reasons that they are only preselling tickets and not on the day is that they can only sell enough tickets that everyone can get in, so hitting capacity with people not in yet can't happen!
As far as I can see no one has said what the capacity is, against the number of tickets being offered for sale.

The wrist band I had at LFCC in the summer was very much like those that you wear in the hospital and there was no way you could take it off without giving evidence of tampering having occurred. It went on Friday afternoon and came off Sunday night so wasn't that painful to live with.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think there will still be many who do not turn up till later. I will probably one of those people, depending on what guests I intend to meet.

As far as I can see no one has said what the capacity is, against the number of tickets being offered for sale.

Jason stated earlier in the thread that they are only selling to capacity.

the capacity all depends on how manyy halls showmaster can get. they don't usually say exactly how many of each ticket there are.

To be honest, some people enjoy being prepared as much as anything else. Plus, it's your money to spend, and it makes you happy. That's what counts. (I have my weekend tickets too, btw!)

• Like 2

Well if you look at the Olympia website, it gives you a clue as to how many people can fit into each hall. Grand is max 10,000, National is max 4,800, Central is 4,940 and West is 2,500 - an absolute maximum of 21,740 if all four halls are used. If you think about fitting in all the stalls etc, this gets reduced. SM will have this in mind, and I am sure not sell above those numbers.

i buy tickets every year for chevron and i have almost no idea of who is going to be there. even the one or 2 announced a year before can often cancle but i still LOVE to go and the same with collectormania MK i go every year with a friend. I go for the fun of it and its often then a surprise as to who your going to get and that makes it even better.