New tickets and new things in store for 2015 LFCC

showmasters

Hi jason,

New system sounds good.

As you have lowered the number of gold passes that will be sold,

How about adding a new class of ticket to make up for the lack of gold passes?

I buy a gold pass each year but with the extras added and the slight jump in price neither of which im keen on,

What about making a small ammount of que jumper tickets a fast track type ticket that gets you the same priority for photos and autographs but no talks no added low price guest autographs or photos and at a lower price than gold?

Each year i buy a gold pass mainly for the que jumping part of it alone.

I think this would be a good addition to your ticket system.

Good points Sorock but ?

There is a set value to the gold passes and we feel there is around 20% buy just for the talks and another 40% buy just for the queue jumping and would say there is also a combined group that buy for both 40% the thing is its a package and over 60% is for the queue jumping and thats the real value really so offering just the queue jumping would fill up the queue just the same as selling more gold passes so why reduce the amount of gold passes on sale if we still have to many queue jumpers by putting another ticket on sale that will fill up the lines the same , at the end of the day the Gold passes income pays for some of the free things we do around the show the display cars or a talk zone is paid for by some of the gold passes so they have a job to do and its impotent that they still do this job.

hope that helps explain how things work a little more

jason

Thanks for the responce.

May i ask why then have you lowered the number of gold passes on sale to 250 which was said in the original post?

I was not implying to lower this any more,

I understand the idea that if you sell q jump tickets then the q will be more full but if you have lowered the number of gold tickets then why not balance it out by creating the ammount that you have reduced it by in the other ticket form?

As up to and including this year there has never been a overcrowding effect from gold pass holders.

Thanks again for the responce.

• Showmasters Admin

where dose it say we are only selling 250 gold passes ? sorry i cannot see where i have said this as it s not correct ?

We plan to sell less gold passes so that they stay more exclusive this way we can look after these attendees better summer 2014 we should more of these passes than at any prevues event and we feel it worked ok but it was hard to improve it and make it a better experience with these numbers , so taking them down a little helps the increase in price means we can spend more on the people that have bought them and give them a better experience like having someone to look after them in the gold pass chill out room etc and other things its a quality aspect we feel is needed to make there weekend a little nicer .

hope that helps

jason

ok, so no diamond pass for me, and more than likely no gold pass either.

to be honest, part of the experience is waiting in the queues for autos/photos etc. im not saying i like them, but the past few cons ive been to ive had some hilarious conversations with the people around me while waiting. (plus chatting with people in the queues helps me when it comes to dealing with new people, places and anxiety issues)

cant wait to see what sort of guests are announced :) *crosses fingers for TWD cast, main GoT cast and the cast of Firefly* :P

• Moderators

Jason, is there a possibility you can share the price of the gold tickets with us yet? Besides someone posting a guess here, I haven't seen the actual price yet and I'm curious ;o)

It was edited into the first post of the other thread, £225

Jason, is there a possibility you can share the price of the gold tickets with us yet? Besides someone posting a guess here, I haven't seen the actual price yet and I'm curious ;o)

I must be blind...First post of which other thread? Because I seriously don't see a post from Showmasters which contains that price...

I must be blind...First post of which other thread? Because I seriously don't see a post from Showmasters which contains that price...

The version of the post in this thread says it

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86418&p=1889356

A quick question about upgrading to a Diamond pass, what happens if I buy an entry ticket for the Sunday but the Diamond guest can only appear on the Saturday? Would I be able to upgrade it or would I have to buy a Saturday ticket first because they could be sold out before any guests are announced?

The version of the post in this thread says it

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86418&p=1889356

Ah yes, I can see it now. Thank you! :o)

where dose it say we are only selling 250 gold passes ? sorry i cannot see where i have said this as it s not correct ?

We plan to sell less gold passes so that they stay more exclusive this way we can look after these attendees better summer 2014 we should more of these passes than at any prevues event and we feel it worked ok but it was hard to improve it and make it a better experience with these numbers , so taking them down a little helps the increase in price means we can spend more on the people that have bought them and give them a better experience like having someone to look after them in the gold pass chill out room etc and other things its a quality aspect we feel is needed to make there weekend a little nicer .

hope that helps

jason

My bad either i misread the origonal post or it has been edited,

it was late or becase i was on my mobile im not sure but cant see it now not like i would pull that number out of thin air.

No matter i like the new system and my sudgestion was more wishfull thinking on my part.

Wow, Sorry for upsetting you SM, But this whole Diamond pass thing is not very clear..... Now item 43 you break the pass down into different sections... So am I right in saying if you don't want the talks etc you don't have to pay for them? Because it seems to me you have to buy the whole Package which I wouldn't use? :headscratch:

This is what you get in a Diamond pass:-

A guaranteed signed autograph, included in the price

A guaranteed photo op, included in the price

A guaranteed seat in the talk with said guest, included in the price

When you buy a diamond pass, you get that lot. You can't pick and choose to make it cheaper, it'll be a set price. It's up to you if you make use of it and claim it all by getting the autographs and sitting in the talks. It's also up to you if you want to waste 2/3rds of your package that you've paid for.

• Like 1

When you buy a diamond pass, you get that lot. You can't pick and choose to make it cheaper, it'll be a set price. It's up to you if you make use of it and claim it all by getting the autographs and sitting in the talks. It's also up to you if you want to waste 2/3rds of your package that you've paid for.

And certain things need to be laid down before they are on sale. Can you sell the photo you don't want to someone desperate for it?

You can buy a 2nd talk ticket. Whats to stop you charging a stranger what you like for it?

And certain things need to be laid down before they are on sale. Can you sell the photo you don't want to someone desperate for it?

You can buy a 2nd talk ticket. Whats to stop you charging a stranger what you like for it?

Well that's black market stuff isn't it ;) I'm guessing SM's official answer would be no but I suppose you can do what you like but whether the person you sold it to can use it and get away with using it is a different story.

I thought we were told a while back that there would be weekend entry passes available to purchase?

A single pass, with one price, to get me access to the event during the whole weekend would be a good idea without all the extras that the Gold Pass has.

There is a weekend pass (all 3 days), it was stated at the start of this thread. it was £40 for adults and £30 for children

Edited by amandajane7775
  • Like 1

I thought we were told a while back that there would be weekend entry passes available to purchase?

A single pass, with one price, to get me access to the event during the whole weekend would be a good idea without all the extras that the Gold Pass has.

There is a weekend pass (all 3 days), it was stated at the start of this thread. it was £40 for adults and £30 for children

Thank you. I must have missed that bit out in my tired state today :P

• Like 1

Well that's black market stuff isn't it ;) I'm guessing SM's official answer would be no but I suppose you can do what you like but whether the person you sold it to can use it and get away with using it is a different story.

I can see it now.... Ticket Touts operating outside Earls court... "Hey wanna buy Talk Tickets £20 each... How about a Photo shoot ticket for £95, Going Cheap" Then on sight of a Red SM Jumper the Tout runs off. :smile:

• Like 1

I think this all sounds fair and in line with other major US Conventions where they have individual VIP packages for specific guests.

At the very least, no one will turn up on the day and be disappointed - you can plan in advance and purchase the best experiences you can afford or want.

Definitely happy that this more familiar US system is being adopted for LFCC.

Good Luck with securing top guests and looking forward to it! Roll on Summer 2015

• Like 3

If I decide to attend, i'll be waiting till the last minute to buy tickets. I need to see who is going to be appearing, and on which day, as I am unable to attend all the days, and certainly can not afford to stop over in London as it just adds costs to the show for me.

I assume we will get the usual notification that A) tickets are selling out fast B) Shop closes at x o'clock on a certain date like with previous shows?

I think this all sounds fair and in line with other major US Conventions where they have individual VIP packages for specific guests.

At the very least, no one will turn up on the day and be disappointed - you can plan in advance and purchase the best experiences you can afford or want.

Or can you? As I've said previously, I've always gone for a gold pass for this event once I know there are enough guests for me to see to justify the cost. I can't afford to just blindly buy one and hope I'll need it. Unlikely but if there's only a couple of guests I want to meet then it just wouldn't be worth the expense. The way the passes have been selling recently, I suspect people will just buy them anyway and by the time enough guests are announced they may have sold out so I won't be able to purchase the best experience for me.

Ok, it's a free market, people can spend how they like but it's difficult to make an informed decision over what's best for you without a pretty full guest list which we won't have and people are already saying they're waiting for bang on 7pm to buy. Why? nothing will sell out that quickly.

I'd much rather a proportion of the guest list is sorted out and then tickets go on sale so you can make a more informed decision about what might be best for you. DSTL did it right, nearly all guests in place when tix when on sale so you could decide what kind of packages were best suited to you.

I'm not a fan of buying blind, especially with DSTL, WLFCC, HW6 and CMMK all coming up over the next few weeks. Forking out a few hundred more on a gold pass I just can't justify right now but if I don't there's a good chance I'll miss out because they're getting more and more popular and do sell out.

Definitely happy that this more familiar US system is being adopted for LFCC.

More familiar for whom? I've no experience of how it works in the US and I'd imagine most people haven't been to any events over there either.

Not saying it's not better or won't work, just that all most of us know is how it works here.

• Like 1

for all those worrying if they can afford a diamond pass and if you want a guests autograph but cant justify the cost of the diamond pass because they wont use everything included in the ticket I'm sure showmaster will still have autographs and photo shoots available for those who just want an auto or photo with the guest. showmaster wont make it so only those with diamond passes get to meet the diamond guests. the diamond tickets will be so those wanting to who have the money can get the full deal of talk, photo and auto with these guests. I may not be able to afford a diamond ticket but I will still scrape together the money for some guests to get their auto. so everyone needs to just calm down about the costs. people don't have to buy tickets they cant afford and people will still get to attend the con and people will still get to purchase autographs with all the guests. the point of the diamond ticket was just to introduce a full package for those willing to pay out.

for all those worrying if they can afford a diamond pass and if you want a guests autograph but cant justify the cost of the diamond pass because they wont use everything included in the ticket I'm sure showmaster will still have autographs and photo shoots available for those who just want an auto or photo with the guest. showmaster wont make it so only those with diamond passes get to meet the diamond guests. the diamond tickets will be so those wanting to who have the money can get the full deal of talk, photo and auto with these guests. I may not be able to afford a diamond ticket but I will still scrape together the money for some guests to get their auto. so everyone needs to just calm down about the costs. people don't have to buy tickets they cant afford and people will still get to attend the con and people will still get to purchase autographs with all the guests. the point of the diamond ticket was just to introduce a full package for those willing to pay out.

I don't believe that's correct. My understanding was that diamond packages would be very limited because the guest would only want to see that many people in a limited time. SM have said that autographs or photos *may* be made available to non package holders if there was time and an agreement could be reached but it is by no means certain.

The only way to guarantee to meet the diamond guests will be to buy the full package.

• Like 3

I've not been following this new ticketing thing too closely so any chance somebody can explain the reasoning to me as to why the tickets have to go on sale now? It's like buying a ticket to the cinema when you don't know what's showing?

Edited by USS_NOSTROMO