New tickets and new things in store for 2015 LFCC

showmasters

and entry for all pre paid early birds is with in a hour , and thats using one door so having 5 doors this will be fine

So will you tell people to be in a dedicated queue for one door for certain guest virtual tickets, like some at Milton Keynes have been then?

Edited by TerraHawk

If a Diamond guest is going to be extremely expensive (say £400+) I would recommend allowing a deposit scheme. Pay £100 non-refundable deposit to secure your Diamond pass, then pay the balance over 3 months. It means my other half won't go as mental at me for spending that much money in one chunk!

If the deposit is non-refundable, and somebody who reserves a pass doesn't pay within the allocated time, I'm sure you won't have any issues selling it again to someone who may have missed out.

I know if a deposit scheme were offered, personally I'd be more likely to buy several different Diamond passes for various guests.

THIS!

It's a lot of money to spend in one hit, considering there's Christmas coming up, not to mention living lol. A deposit with monthly payments method would be awesome.

• Like 2

If a Diamond guest is going to be extremely expensive (say £400+) I would recommend allowing a deposit scheme. Pay £100 non-refundable deposit to secure your Diamond pass, then pay the balance over 3 months. It means my other half won't go as mental at me for spending that much money in one chunk!

If the deposit is non-refundable, and somebody who reserves a pass doesn't pay within the allocated time, I'm sure you won't have any issues selling it again to someone who may have missed out.

I know if a deposit scheme were offered, personally I'd be more likely to buy several different Diamond passes for various guests.

THIS!

It's a lot of money to spend in one hit, considering there's Christmas coming up, not to mention living lol. A deposit with monthly payments method would be awesome.

Couldn't agree more with this! Music festivals and similar things are all reaping the rewards of this!

• Showmasters Admin

and entry for all pre paid early birds is with in a hour , and thats using one door so having 5 doors this will be fine

So will you tell people to be in a dedicated queue for one door for certain guest virtual tickets, like some at Milton Keynes have been then?

we have multiple doors and entrances if we feel we need to use to entrances we will at this time we plan to use the 5 doors at the front of the building but its not till next year and as we get more of the bigger guests booked in and promoted we will look at what we need in place to make it work well for everyone attending , this most important difference this next coming year is that the Saturday the busiest day we will not be selling tickets on the day so it will help us with not having loads of people that do not have tickets hang around to get it and then getting to capacity and not getting in , Sunday we had 10s of 1000s of people attend without any issues really as there was not the 10,000 extra people wanting to get in , so we do feel there will be any of the issues we had back in in July.

if you all remember LFCC 2011 with the photo ops backing up and having to sent some out to people we said then we would fix it and we have planes to make it work , now its works to 200% more capacity than we had back in 2011 , we asked you to trust us to get it right and make it work ,we do not just say it we do it we think it through and we test it out then we make it happen.

2015 LFCC will be a very busy show , it will have one of the best line ups we have had if all gos to plan and boy do we have a lot planed , it will be a must not miss events , we are prod of this events and every year we try to out do the year before and we have lots of things behind the scenes that have been improved to make the event work better for you and us as we also need to enjoy the work we do to make it happened , so keep an eye on this forum as we move forward to our big event of the year and see what we have planed for you all we here are all very excited for July 2015 :-)

jason

• Like 1

Jason, I like the sound of the new system of tickets, but I just have a few questions:-

Firstly, will a diamond pass give us entrance to LFCC 2015, or do we have to pay for an entrance ticket separately?

Secondly, will there be a diamond guest announced as well tomorrow?

Thirdly, if we buy a gold pass for the weekend, can we upgrade to a diamond pass later on (and just pay the difference)?

I can't wait to get the tickets tomorrow and I have my fingers crossed that you have got the guests I am hoping for lined up! :)

im just hoping these diamond passes arent too expensive.

while there are no "HUGE" name guests that i'd want to meet (im quite happy with TWD, GoT and Firefly cast and i doubt they count as diamond guests) theres always a chance that a must have could get announced.

im hoping these prices arent crazy and *wishful thinking* are pretty much the cost of an auto and photoshoot and talk, with a sensible amount added on which is pretty much a deposit (im not sure if thats the correct term to describe it) to secure getting the auto and photo.

• Moderators

What if you only want a photo with the diamond guest? Not interested in Talks / Autographs etc, will there be a separate price for this or do I have to pay for the whole package? :crying:

This will depend on the guest. A diamond guest MAY do autos/photoshoots/etc for those without passes on a limited basis, but it is not guaranteed.

im just hoping these diamond passes arent too expensive. while there are no "HUGE" name guests that i'd want to meet (im quite happy with TWD, GoT and Firefly cast and i doubt they count as diamond guests) theres always a chance that a must have could get announced.im hoping these prices arent crazy and *wishful thinking* are pretty much the cost of an auto and photoshoot and talk, with a sensible amount added on which is pretty much a deposit (im not sure if thats the correct term to describe it) to secure getting the auto and photo.

Well keep in mind that the names being mentioned as possible diamond guests charge around £150-£350 just for an autograph, that'll give you some idea of what diamond prices might be.

• Showmasters Admin

Jason, I like the sound of the new system of tickets, but I just have a few questions:-

Firstly, will a diamond pass give us entrance to LFCC 2015, or do we have to pay for an entrance ticket separately?

Secondly, will there be a diamond guest announced as well tomorrow?

Thirdly, if we buy a gold pass for the weekend, can we upgrade to a diamond pass later on (and just pay the difference)?

I can't wait to get the tickets tomorrow and I have my fingers crossed that you have got the guests I am hoping for lined up! :)

Hi my friend

i will respond to your points

1 the Diamond upgrade is just that a upgrade its what you buy on top of your entry ticket be it a entry ticket or gold pass but you will need to have

bought one of these to tickets to be able to use the Diamond upgrade

2 we have 4 guests that we are close to closing that would fit into the Diamond upgrade package but as yet we have not closed the deal on one of

these guests so no we do not plan to have a Diamond upgrade guests ready to announce yet.

3 no as you should only buy what you need if you do not think you would use the benefits of a gold pass then do not buy one if you feel it is of use to you them buy one you will need ether a gold pass or entry ticket to use your diamond upgrade , but they are different things you will need one of these to get in then if you like the guest that has the diamond upgrade you then can buy one , hope that is of help .

yours

jason

What if you only want a photo with the diamond guest? Not interested in Talks / Autographs etc, will there be a separate price for this or do I have to pay for the whole package? :crying:

This will depend on the guest. A diamond guest MAY do autos/photoshoots/etc for those without passes on a limited basis, but it is not guaranteed.

This isn't going to be very fair to everyone. I would have to pay for a Diamond pass just to get a photo with the guest and not use the rest of the package? So I don't buy a diamond package, The guest doesn't do extra photo shoots for the Riff Raff so I miss out? Thanks SM. so much for looking after all of us. :no: Feeling gutted.

This isn't going to be very fair to everyone. I would have to pay for a Diamond pass just to get a photo with the guest and not use the rest of the package? So I don't buy a diamond package, The guest doesn't do extra photo shoots for the Riff Raff so I miss out? Thanks SM. so much for looking after all of us. :no: Feeling gutted.

But that's life. You can't have everything you want and if these packages are the only way they can get some of these guests then that's the way they feel it has to be.

Can't please everyone. I normally buy a gold pass for this show but only when there's a number of guests that I feel justify the cost. The price is getting very high for it now and with so many other events coming up I can't really afford it at the moment but people will be snapping them up straight away without any guest announcements just because the show is getting so big and there's a good chance they'll all go before I can afford to get one or know that I can justify the expense.

If that's the case I'll just have to accept it and make the best of it on the day.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If the guest says they ONLY want to do 100 autos and 100 photos and a talk, say, and they will not come to the event at ALL if they are made to do more than that, then would you rather SM said no flat out or agreed so that at least 100 diamond pass holders would be able to meet them? (completely made up numbers and I suspect SM will try their hardest to get at least some non-pass photos or something agreed where possible but as a hypothetical)

• Showmasters Admin

im just hoping these diamond passes arent too expensive.

while there are no "HUGE" name guests that i'd want to meet (im quite happy with TWD, GoT and Firefly cast and i doubt they count as diamond guests) theres always a chance that a must have could get announced.

im hoping these prices arent crazy and *wishful thinking* are pretty much the cost of an auto and photoshoot and talk, with a sensible amount added on which is pretty much a deposit (im not sure if thats the correct term to describe it) to secure getting the auto and photo.

well they will not be cheep Josh

Ok lets just say for now its someone like Daniel Craig ITS NOT OK but lets just say this ok ,

you get a photo op and talk and a photo shoot we may only have him for say 3 hours we may only be able to carte for x 200 fans to meet him and get photos and autographs

say he dose a talk for us that around 2000 people that can see him and listen to his talk

say thats what we have available to the show

so i think that there would be 1700 seats at the talk which we would charge say £25 each and we would offer them out to everyone first come first serve so that would sell out very fast .

The photo op we could sell off a few more say 250 tops these would be sold at say £150 each and we would offer them out to everyone first come first serve.

The costs of the diamond pass of this guest for the complete package photo op autograph talk and a limited exclusive print i would think it would cost £325 to £350 per diamond upgrade.

If this was for someone like say Arnold Schwarzenegger which it is not as we are just again saying this to give you an idea on the price for a guest like him and the costings i would have thought that a diamond pass for him would be around the £400 to £600 each

again we DO NOT HAVE THESE GUESTS we are just looking into numbers to give you some idea of what we are looking at price wise

we are not in talked with ether Daniel Craig or Arnold Schwarzenegger and we do not have any deals with them in any way i hope that is clear.

thats what i think we are going to be looking at ?

but till any deals are closed and guests announced and what amount of time we have with the guests we really do not know what the final prices for each Diamond upgrade will cost

hope this os some help

Hi jason,

New system sounds good.

As you have lowered the number of gold passes that will be sold,

How about adding a new class of ticket to make up for the lack of gold passes?

I buy a gold pass each year but with the extras added and the slight jump in price neither of which im keen on,

What about making a small ammount of que jumper tickets a fast track type ticket that gets you the same priority for photos and autographs but no talks no added low price guest autographs or photos and at a lower price than gold?

Each year i buy a gold pass mainly for the que jumping part of it alone.

I think this would be a good addition to your ticket system.

• Like 2

happy with what I've read about the tickets for next summer. especially like that it is everyone goes in at 9/9:30 and not staggered with early bird at 9/9:30 and everyone else at 11. will be coming on Saturday again like I did this summer and will be getting my ticket next week when I have the money to get it

I had a fantastic time this summer at my 1st ever comic con and im sure I will next summer

Edited by brooketessmacherfan

• Showmasters Admin

why do you have to make it down to them and us by saying "Riff Raff" ? no one is saying anyone is better then anyone else are you saying that just becose someone has less money then someone else that they are "Riff Raff" ? your saying this no one else ?

i think you really need to get this into perspective , things cost money be it a experience or a item you buy , i would have love to have seen Kate Bush but tickets are limited and cost a lot , i did not buy one as i could not bring myself to pay £2000 when i herd about them being for sale i do not think i am "Riff Raff" because i did not buy one ? i also do not think Kate Bush thinks i am "Riff Raff" ether so i think this classism needs to stop and people need to get real.

As to being sarcastic to Shomasters for you not wanting this package or being able to afford it or not wanting to pay that amount for this guests its interesting you take this stance ? ,its not down to Showmasters making it to expensive as we do not make the prices guests have costs things cost money 20% of everything we sell is tax VAT so we do not make the prices we work out the costs and make the opportunity available to you all and if some of you want it and want to go for it some of you will , if its not for you then thats also fine all we are doing is letting the people that do care and feel its worth it and can fine the money the chance to meet these stars.

we do not make anyone buy anything we are just here making some of these chances in life happen rather than never having the chance ever.

There was no Showmasters when i started collecting so i never got to meet guests like Peter Cushing or Alec Guinness, now your generation dose have someone like Showmasters here doing what we do to make these meeting and signing happen and if Peter Cushing or Alec Guinness was alive today i know Showmasters would be maybe the only people that would have made it posable for people to meet these guests , so i do feel we do a good job at making things happen , if you managed to be able to be able to afford them or not that really is down to you all we can do is give fans the chance, i which i had that chance with Peter Cushing or Alec Guinness :-/.

i hope that helps explain what we do here to help fans like ourselves

meet these interesting people :-)

• Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

Hi jason,

New system sounds good.

As you have lowered the number of gold passes that will be sold,

How about adding a new class of ticket to make up for the lack of gold passes?

I buy a gold pass each year but with the extras added and the slight jump in price neither of which im keen on,

What about making a small ammount of que jumper tickets a fast track type ticket that gets you the same priority for photos and autographs but no talks no added low price guest autographs or photos and at a lower price than gold?

Each year i buy a gold pass mainly for the que jumping part of it alone.

I think this would be a good addition to your ticket system.

Good points Sorock but ?

There is a set value to the gold passes and we feel there is around 20% buy just for the talks and another 40% buy just for the queue jumping and would say there is also a combined group that buy for both 40% the thing is its a package and over 60% is for the queue jumping and thats the real value really so offering just the queue jumping would fill up the queue just the same as selling more gold passes so why reduce the amount of gold passes on sale if we still have to many queue jumpers by putting another ticket on sale that will fill up the lines the same , at the end of the day the Gold passes income pays for some of the free things we do around the show the display cars or a talk zone is paid for by some of the gold passes so they have a job to do and its impotent that they still do this job.

hope that helps explain how things work a little more

jason

• Like 1

Wow, Sorry for upsetting you SM, But this whole Diamond pass thing is not very clear..... Now item 43 you break the pass down into different sections... So am I right in saying if you don't want the talks etc you don't have to pay for them? Because it seems to me you have to buy the whole Package which I wouldn't use? :headscratch:

• Like 1