Places to stay

chrisrus

Staying at Star Hotel B&B.

Admittedly not the kind of place I'd normally stay but at £60 a night and just behind the Olympia I went for convenience. Plus, don't think I'll be spending a great deal of time in there over the 2 days. :laugh:

On a side note the owners have been given a very nice write-up and have been very friendly in emails to me so far.

Staying at the k west hotel and spa about 15 min walk away according to google earth

So do we, but I've been reading a few really not so good things about it :no:

might of read the same thing as you about the spa and staff and what a customer said, but the rooms and hotel get good reviews on tripadvisor average 4 out of 5

I have 2 rooms booked at the Hilton, Terminal 5 for Friday and Saturday. I have exchanged some credit card reward points and so am staying for free.

I'm staying at Sofitel Terminal 5 so maybe we shall see us on the tube saturday morning ;)

I booked one of the easyhotels, not expecting much but was decent value for two nights in Kensington

Stayed there twice now for Earls Court. We found the rooms clean and larger than we expected. The rooms only have a bed and no other furniture so lived out of our suitcases for the few days , but for the price it was ok.

There are no lifts and the stairs are quite narrow so pack light.

I booked one of the easyhotels, not expecting much but was decent value for two nights in Kensington

Stayed there twice now for Earls Court. We found the rooms clean and larger than we expected. The rooms only have a bed and no other furniture so lived out of our suitcases for the few days , but for the price it was ok.

Thanks for the info! Must be ok enough for you to have stayed a few times. 😀 feeling a bit better about it.

Thanks for the info! Must be ok enough for you to have stayed a few times. feeling a bit better about it.

Would have stayed there again this year but as we are crewing we wanted something quite close.

Thanks for the info! Must be ok enough for you to have stayed a few times. feeling a bit better about it.

Would have stayed there again this year but as we are crewing we wanted something quite close.

Is it easy enough to walk from or would a bus ride be quicker?

Im really regretting not sorting my accommodation earlier. I left it until now as i wasnt sure if i would be stayin in london or travelling home each day (not far for me im in Essex) but with the amount i want to get done now its best if i stay in london. Looks like my best option would be to find somewhere cheap elsewhere on london and grab a bus or tube to the olympia each morning

Is it easy enough to walk from or would a bus ride be quicker?

Its not far, easily walking distance, 10 -15 mins

Staying at the k west hotel and spa about 15 min walk away according to google earth

might of read the same thing as you about the spa and staff and what a customer said, but the rooms and hotel get good reviews on tripadvisor average 4 out of 5

It still looked good enough and had reasonable prices and is in walking distances, so I booked it anyway. I never know whether to trust reviews when some are really good and others are really really bad :) So let's just hope for the best.

We stay at the Travel Joy, 150 £ 5 nights. It's a six persons room but we are a group of six so that's not a problem for us. It's not close to Olympia but has the bonus of a bus stop at the door, a great pub next to reception and a very nice balcony to the river, so we keep returning every year

• 2 weeks later...

cptpugwash

and other people who stay at or near the K West, anyone wants to meet up? My friend and me have never been to London or the UK and we're both a little nervous :)

we are going friday then booking into hotel after we leave convention,then going back saturday, if you want to meet up somewhere or before we go in on friday we would be more than happy, where are you coming from?

we are going friday then booking into hotel after we leave convention,then going back saturday, if you want to meet up somewhere or before we go in on friday we would be more than happy, where are you coming from?

We're only going to the convention on saturday and arrive at the hotel on friday evening :) Coming in from Germany.

We're only going to the convention on saturday and arrive at the hotel on friday evening :) Coming in from Germany.

no problem if you want to meet up in the hotel friday evening we can then we can go up saturday morning and we can help you with anything you need.

if you want to email me its stevercm@yahoo.co.uk