Places to stay

chrisrus

Well I´m staying at the Sofitel at Heathrow Terminal 5 , ok it is far, but I have an early flight sunday morning, and I really don´t care if I have a journey of nearly an hour by subway, and with the Express or Connect train, if you´re in a hurry you are also quick at Paddington. And for a Sofitel I got a really good price, compare to the one in the city, which was like 10 times the price of what I paid now.
If you want a good bargain for London or any big city, as further away from the city center, the better the prices are.

Apparently the Hilton have double booked us (yay) and can't offer an alternative. Has anyone stayed at Travelodge Clapham Junction? It's the cheapest I've seen so far

I haven't stayed there but try booking.com and put in the area you want to stay and it will bring up all available hotels around Olympia, I got a really good deal :)

Where are you staying? Most hotels are £600 plus and I'm losing patience lol

I'd originally booked the Hilton back in September through an agent and now they've over booked? Won't be using that agent again! Looks like travelodge at Clapham junction for us and then the underground (or overground? Can't remember which!)

I always just book in at a cheap hotel near kings cross, basic but xclean tidy with breakfast included for about 200 for the 3 nights, right opposite kings x, then i just travel in on the tube. easy to get back to after the show and plenty of places to grab some food afterwards to take back to the hotel.

price is good and i have more money for the show rather then paying more and staying closer to the event, the travel in doesnt bother me.

been at abercorn house hostel last year, nice place.

This year I am at astor museum inn close to russel square tube stop. so will just take the tube to barons court and walk to the venue :D

it was around 120 pounds for 5 nights, but sharing the room with 5 others (but I have free breakfast)

Last year I paid a lot more for a hotel than I would have liked so this year we are staying in a premier inn (I have stayed at loads of these before :P) about 20 minute drive from the venue and then prebooked parking about 15 minute walk from the venue. Last years cost me £130 for one night parking and hotel and this year it's only £58.50 for hotel and parking :)

Yea, i'd definitely say its far cheaper to book in advance (not that that helps now). We have booked in to the lily hotel right next to Earls Court, before realising its at Olympia this year. :blush:

We're staying here too, it's a ten minute walk (if that!) Join us :D

Yea, i'd definitely say its far cheaper to book in advance (not that that helps now). We have booked in to the lily hotel right next to Earls Court, before realising its at Olympia this year. :blush:

Yay, we thought we were the only ones. What sort of time are you leaving to join the dreaded queue lol

Yay, we thought we were the only ones. What sort of time are you leaving to join the dreaded queue lol

That's a good question! Last year we were super early but that was due to Stan Lees early signing session, so not figured it all out yet. Meet at the lobby and walk down?

That's a good question! Last year we were super early but that was due to Stan Lees early signing session, so not figured it all out yet. Meet at the lobby and walk down?

Sounds like a plan. Although we still need to figure out how we're getting our cosplays to the venue. They are quite big, so may need to drop them off in a van and then park up somewhere. I will keep ya informed :smile:

Sounds like a plan. Although we still need to figure out how we're getting our cosplays to the venue. They are quite big, so may need to drop them off in a van and then park up somewhere. I will keep ya informed :smile:

The hotel has its own car park if you can make use of it :)

• 2 weeks later...