Latest Guest Announcement - First Time Signer AOTC

I think it's kinda disrespectful that these actors names aren't being announced, just their roles :s

Ta,

Che-Snake :/

I've heard it's because of an issue that some other people were contacting the lesser-known Star Wars guests right after Showmasters announced them in the past, if true it would make sense why they don't and I understand that.

However, Zam Wessell's actress is not a first time signer as SM are saying. She did one of the SW events in the US when the Prequels first came out. She may be doing her first Showmasters event and first event in a while but she's definitely not a first time signer (unless it's not the actress I'm thinking of but another one but I doubt that).

EDIT: It might well be a different actress after all. Just saw the Jango Fett announcement and if that was Tem Morrison it would be more than £10 for him. I'm curious to see who these two guests in question are.

Edited by RuariPodcasterWilliamson

Well I've been having a look and I can only find one person that played Zam so am hopeful that this is going to be her, she will make a great addition to my poster along with Caroline

That's just it though - if the name is that easy to work out, there's no point in not listing her.

from the scene where Jango instructs her to assassinate Padme

and why pinpoint just that one scene?

are guests now exclusively available to SM and not allowed to go elsewhere?

No and that's their problem - if they've found a new name they don't want to reveal the name as they wouldn't be able to stop someone else contacting them, maybe offering more money, or at least denting the number who meet them at the show. These potential organisers will learn their names at the show.

But as I've said elsewhere I'd rather not bother meeting them, than stand there knowing I had other things at home I'd have loved to have got signed had I known they'd be there. Had that few years ago - with 'first time' unnamed Stormtrooper Martyn Read. I knew who he was then I met him - and that he had a role in Doctor Who. In fact, it wasn't even his first time as he'd done a Doctor Who event. Before the DVD of his story came out.

Yes I agree with most of the comments on here about the First Timers signing, but without knowing who these people are I'm not going to be able to plan the trip to the event.

I need to plan budget depending on what they have been in and even if I want to see these actors.

Its only just over a month to go, planning is important.

Plus also what about your pre order service if people cant make it?

Edited by jinnvarre
  • Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

The guests is not Leeanna Walsman

we have found another actress that played Zam Wessell that know one knows about which is very cool.

Both actors played the seen in the UK and were not credited.

as you know we spend a lot of time tracking down these rare first time signers and a lot of time gos into finding them.

some time ago we found some first timers and someone tried to book them into another event the week before ours after we put in all the work and resources finding them and booking them so now we have to hold back on the names of these first time signers till the event.

over the years we have managed to bring you all 100s of first time guests its only been star wars this has happened with , its a little annoying but we have no other option , i hope you understand where we are coming form and see we want to be able to keep on spending the time to find new people and bring them first to our events.

see you at the event

jason

• Like 1

The guests is not Leeanna Walsman

we have found another actress that played Zam Wessell that know one knows about which is very cool.

Both actors played the seen in the UK and were not credited.

as you know we spend a lot of time tracking down these rare first time signers and a lot of time gos into finding them.

some time ago we found some first timers and someone tried to book them into another event the week before ours after we put in all the work and resources finding them and booking them so now we have to hold back on the names of these first time signers till the event.

over the years we have managed to bring you all 100s of first time guests its only been star wars this has happened with , its a little annoying but we have no other option , i hope you understand where we are coming form and see we want to be able to keep on spending the time to find new people and bring them first to our events.

see you at the event

jason

I was assuming as such.

I understand where you are coming from, I'm not sure you do about my stance in it. knowing other credits, will make the difference between me attending or not. I don't want a repeat of the Martyn Read situation - I come face to face with a person knowing I had other stuff at home wanting signing, but not knowing to bring it.

It's not who gets them first, it's who provides the most info that matters.

• Like 1

All of which is understandable but personally I'm not interested in Star Wars actors, however many SW people have appeared in other shows (for example if you did get Leanna I'd be interested in her because she was in Farscape)..

I realise you're concerned about other people stealing your guests, although its not impossible they also found them through their own research. However I would suggest that as a minimum you announce the guest's names on the Monday before the event. If announced then, there would be no possibility of another organiser using those details to steal the guests while myself and other collectors would have an opportunity to research their other roles and if interested bring other items. That has to be in your best interests as well because if I turn up without, for example, that Doctor Who book/DVD/photo there's no way I can spend money on the guest.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

we plan to let everyone know who these guests are around 5 to 7 days out from the show that we our work is protected and you get to know what else they have worked on :-)

Hope that is helpful to everyone

jason

Thanks Jason, I'm sure everyone will be really pleased with this