Cosplay

carnosoul

This is out first time so I am in the process of making no face from spirited away and my fiance has a full ghostbusters uniform complete with proton pack etc :) were rather excited if I'm being honest lol x

• Like 5

Hard to think it's less than two weeks away now. I've actually managed to stick with the Susan Sto Helit cosplay, and am really looking forward to trying it out on the day

@Captain_Sparrow - while it will be a pity not to see Jack hanging round, considering the amount of photos you usually get asked for I can completely see your point. Whlle be great to see you, the missus, and the kids on the day ^^

@Brian Cairns - if zombie makes a reappearance this HAS to be the year we manage to snap a photo together; we always seem to keep missing each other ><

@Haku15 - Wow, you're making a full No Face costume? Oh, that will be amazing to see!

• Like 3

Thanks, it is my first proper attempt at making one, few things still to arrive for it but got most of it completed, also have a few minor repairs to the other halfs proton pack too so it'll be a busy 2 weeks in between our work lol

• Like 1

Were there both days :) we won't be hard to miss anyway, we'd love to have a picture with you :) I'm bringing an extra battery for my phone and also possibly my camera so I can get as many pictures as possible lol

Hard to think it's less than two weeks away now. I've actually managed to stick with the Susan Sto Helit cosplay, and am really looking forward to trying it out on the day

@Captain_Sparrow - while it will be a pity not to see Jack hanging round, considering the amount of photos you usually get asked for I can completely see your point. Whlle be great to see you, the missus, and the kids on the day ^^

@Brian Cairns - if zombie makes a reappearance this HAS to be the year we manage to snap a photo together; we always seem to keep missing each other ><

@Haku15 - Wow, you're making a full No Face costume? Oh, that will be amazing to see!

Zara will be awesome seeing you there :) if I go dressed up its just to hand out business cards! Been so busy with the sparrow work I think a wee break is in order haha also since I'm pirating in disneyland Paris at halloween I'll still get my pirate fix :)

• Like 1

Were there both days :) we won't be hard to miss anyway, we'd love to have a picture with you :) I'm bringing an extra battery for my phone and also possibly my camera so I can get as many pictures as possible lol

Thanks looking forward to meeting you both,but I've got to tell you I'm really shy so if a tall nervous guy says hello it will probably be me lol :-)
  • Like 1

Haha we'll be the same, if we don't have our stuff on etc incase we've stopped for a break just look for the 5ft tall girl with the in progress sleeve, it has roger rabbit, slimer, TMNT etc on it lol

Haha we'll be the same, if we don't have our stuff on etc incase we've stopped for a break just look for the 5ft tall girl with the in progress sleeve, it has roger rabbit, slimer, TMNT etc on it lol

Cool thanks will do,see you on the Sunday :-) Edited by carnosoul

Hi everyone. I am new to these online forums so bear with me. I recently completed a judge dredd costume (2 years in building) for the comic con last month at the Glasgow college of art'. This was my first ever time at cos play. It was a great fun experience especially with my 9year old son as Dennis the Menace. He wanted to meet the folk behind the BEANO Comic.

I'm trying to put a quick budget build Judge Death costume for him to wear to Breahead, but it I'm a bit stuck with the winged dinosaur for the right shoulder. Hopefully I can put it all together in time. We will be there on the Saturday only. Hope to meet a lot of you there.

We are located just down the road in Ayrshire.

good luck with the judge dread costume the beano ( old school ) is awsome did you both enjoy the experence for the bird ( sorry cant spell it ) you can get like a toy one from poundland or any cheap shops iam costume shopping today so yayyyy have fun whne the day comes all the best

• Like 1

I have the complete DREDD costume , the 2012 movie version, and most of the comic version.

It's a great buzz when walking the street and see the reactions of people.

I have looked at small dragons for the death costume, but they are either too small or too large.

It's like a pteranodon/ pterodactyl for that shoulder.

Any ideas as time is running out for me on this.

Looking forward to seeing the wonderful cosplays from everyone!

Come and say hi to us crew from Costume and Play on the Cosplay Desk - usually located near the Cosplay Stage, we have a Cosplay Masquerade for each day as well as Cosplay Panels (we will be posting the timetable nearer to the time).

The whole team will be in cosplay more than likely - think I'm going to bring my Santiago (NightVale OC) and one of my Harry Potter cosplays (can't decide which one!)

Mel

Costume and Play

• Like 2

sorry about this guys but need advice the proplem with me is i keep on having too many ideas ( iam autistic ) and to be honest not very good at sticking to something but was thinking of this for harly quinn but need youre expertese to see if it would work or not

simply put alex from clockwork orange but done in harly style thought it would be simple to do no design painting or anything and the only thing i need to do is make up ( and get a cane )

but would this work for harly my inital thinking is that they are essentail the same charecter ( if you think about it ) thanks in advance

Hi,

I've got a question around my Cosplay for this year.

I'm coming as Arrow (TV series not Comic book!) and as part of my costumer I have a bow (I do archery as a hobby). I Have arrows within my Quiver, which have rubber tips (I used to use them for renactment) is this going to be an issue?

Don't want to show up and be told my costume isn't allowed!

Hi,

I've got a question around my Cosplay for this year.

I'm coming as Arrow (TV series not Comic book!) and as part of my costumer I have a bow (I do archery as a hobby). I Have arrows within my Quiver, which have rubber tips (I used to use them for renactment) is this going to be an issue?

Don't want to show up and be told my costume isn't allowed!

I'm pretty sure that projectiles are not allowed as part of cosplays at SM events. If you leave the arrows at home then you should be fine.

I'm a rather large lady, poor mobility has made me this way, or at least made it a lot worse. Used to think because of that, cosplay was out for me. But last year I decided to give it a whirl. I went as Arlene Bellefleur from True Blood (my take on the character at least). This year, I'm going as Princess Leia and as my mum added XXXL! I don't have the dress, but a white flowing top and white pants. I have the wig, light sabre and my own Chewbacca bear as props. So excited for the weekend!!!!

Edited by mands151271
  • Like 2