General Chat ^.^

Not gonna lie - i forgot this forum was a thing after the 2014 show tbh, so I havent been on in ages!!

Hope everyones doing good this Christmas time and are getting the gift of sci-fi or horror goodness this year - I'm personally holding out for the Battlestar Galactica Vault Compendium Book i've been after (I've been dropping enough hints to the family lol).

I'll make a point of coming on here more often in future too, cos everyones been really cool on here in the past, and i look forward to hearing what everyones plans are for the 2015 show Cosplay-wise, etc.....

:WAVE:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone was wondering what everyone thought of the new reality show I survived a zombie apocalypse,I liked it sort of big brother meets the walking dead :)

Finally got round to watching this last night. It's a pretty great concept. I get the impression though that the 'contestants' have never seen a real zombie movie before though :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Can a moderator advise whether it would be alright to promote a show on the Collectormania Glasgow forum? We are Star Wars themed band playing in Glasgow on 22nd August and would offer money off entry for people with tickets for Collectormania. Tried emailing but never heard back.

Thanks Greig

• Like 1

Hi dudes. I am a showmasters Virgin, looking for a ticky advice regarding my first visit. I'm bringing my 6 yr old son with me, having purchased a photo with darth and lando (their real names eh). I have purchased the early bird tickets, so hoped for some of you fine regulars to give me any advice on my day. Should I be there for 9am, should I be there for 8am? Can I sneak the wee lad into the photo with me? How do I get the best out of our day? All help is appreciated greatly, even offer you a curly wurly for the efforts.

Kind regards!

• Like 2

@darthelvis

Sorry but advertising for other events or businesses is not allowed at all on these forums.

@ScottyShep11

Personally, I arrive at 8:30 and get a cup of tea beforehand but I know some people arrive at 8. Regarding photoshoots, I do believe the rules are one ticket per person but if you don't mind not getting a professional photo, some of the guests are happy for you to take a picture of yourself(and in this case, your son too) with them at the signing tables if you ask politely enough when you're buying an autograph.

Edited by JDPManjoume
  • Like 1

@JDPManjoume

Great advice, and many thanks. I can see me taking the cup of tea route in. I think I shall stick with the photo shoots, but either let wee Rowan get his photos with them, but perhaps even ask them cheekily if he can nip in with me. You can only ask I guess. Remember to wear a badge, so I know who to hand the curly wurly to!

Hi dudes. I am a showmasters Virgin, looking for a ticky advice regarding my first visit. I'm bringing my 6 yr old son with me, having purchased a photo with darth and lando (their real names eh). I have purchased the early bird tickets, so hoped for some of you fine regulars to give me any advice on my day. Should I be there for 9am, should I be there for 8am? Can I sneak the wee lad into the photo with me? How do I get the best out of our day? All help is appreciated greatly, even offer you a curly wurly for the efforts.

Kind regards!

Definitely go for the early bird entry if you are taking a little one as it does tend to get pretty busy as the day goes on. I wouldn't bother about turning up too early though, although there is always a queue waiting on the doors opening, I have never stood in it. I'm usually sitting upstairs having some breakfast in McDs. The queue tends to disappear quickly when the doors open and then its a straight walk in.

• Like 1

What's the protocol for getting a comic authors sig? I don't see prices for them...

If you bring a comic or something like that for them to sign they'll normally be happy to sign for free. Normally translate sto "you'll be fine as long as you don't show up with 50 plus items." ;)

What's the protocol for getting a comic authors sig? I don't see prices for them...

If you bring a comic or something like that for them to sign they'll normally be happy to sign for free. Normally translate sto "you'll be fine as long as you don't show up with 50 plus items." ;)

Ah cool! Thanks for that :D

Matthewman

Again, swell advice. We are booked to stay across at a hotel nearby, so will scoff up early, but aim for an 845 arrival. Will try to get the major stuff done first then take time to wander. I shall bring another curly wurly!

Edited by ScottyShep11
  • Like 1

Matthewman

Again, swell advice. We are booked to stay across at a hotel nearby, so will scoff up early, but aim for an 845 arrival. Will try to get the major stuff done first then take time to wander. I shall bring another curly wurly!

No curly wurly required mate. Happy to help :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw Mad Max Fury Road last night, and it was glorious! :thumbup:

One of the best action movies I've seen in years. Heart-pumping action from start to finish... awesome stuff. Go see it in IMAX if you can. It's well worth the money.

• Like 1