SHOWMASTER PLEASE READ AND GIVE US AN ANSWER

KT171

Ok theres been a alot of talk about you guys being in talks with two major lotr guest ( im not sure how true this is) but please can you put our minds at rest please and tell us if this is true or not. At the mo im not sure if I can go and im really kinda resting on seeing if these guests are added or not. I just want to know if there is still a chance at this late stage or if thats it for this time.

Many thanks

Katie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
Ok theres been a alot of talk about you guys being in talks with two major lotr guest ( im not sure how true this is) but please can you put our minds at rest please and tell us if this is true or not. At the mo im not sure if I can go and im really kinda resting on seeing if these guests are added or not. I just want to know if there is still a chance at this late stage or if thats it for this time.

Many thanks

Katie

We are still in negotiations with 2 major Lord of the Rings guests! If they confirm they can attend then we will let you all know. However, for those of you holding out for them, please don't! The only reason I am answering this point is because it has been so widely talked about and as such, needs clarification. However, as I am sure you are all aware, we do not comment on guests until they are confirmed, and so I cannot, and will not tell you who the two are. Indeed, I wish that they were just surprises if we managed to get them, rather than people holding out and expecting them to be announced.

Ultimately, if the line up is good enough for you at the moment then great! If it is not then do not travel, or pin your hopes on other people being announced. If they are, then great, but do not expect it. Treat it as a surprise if it happens. But to answer your original question, we are still talking to people!

Mark

thankyou sooooooo much for answering me , thats helped 100 % :huh: just one thing you would tell us on here on the forum if you managed to get them? its just i would be soooooooooooooooo pissed as would many others if the guests just went to c5 without warning people.

many thanks again

Katie

Many thanks

Katie

We are still in negotiations with 2 major Lord of the Rings guests! If they confirm they can attend then we will let you all know. However, for those of you holding out for them, please don't! The only reason I am answering this point is because it has been so widely talked about and as such, needs clarification. However, as I am sure you are all aware, we do not comment on guests until they are confirmed, and so I cannot, and will not tell you who the two are. Indeed, I wish that they were just surprises if we managed to get them, rather than people holding out and expecting them to be announced.

Ultimately, if the line up is good enough for you at the moment then great! If it is not then do not travel, or pin your hopes on other people being announced. If they are, then great, but do not expect it. Treat it as a surprise if it happens. But to answer your original question, we are still talking to people!

Mark

Oooh yes keep it as a surprise - I love surprises (nice ones anyway :D ) :wub:

Oh dear I think I'm about to be shot :wub::wub:

Many thanks

Katie

Mark

Showmasters,

:lol: You cant seal a guest on the day its impossible, or it would defiently seem it. so you will know if a guest is coming before hand, but by your post you are hinting of having the guest as a suprise. do you think a surprise on the day would be fair on people, when you will have sealed that guest before the shows dates, also having the chance to tell fans he/she is going? even if its a day before the event people will travel to attend to see that major guest.

maybe you want it as a suprise so you dont get the same sized crowds and chaos as Collectormania 4. :lol: that would seem to be the only reason i can think of.

You said if we seal the guest/s and they can come we will let you all know.. and other posts such as .."as soon as we know..we will let you know"

How could this be true though because with a suprise guest you wont let us know till the day, and only the people attending will be informed. Suely you can't justify a supirse guest as "when the guest is confirmed...we'll let you know"...you will know if they're going a day or more before, but we wont be told about the guests confirmation untill the day or hour or not even being told at all (being at the right place at the right time basis). This will leave alot of fans devestated, and the fans attending angry because if they knew this certain guest was going then they wouldn't have been waiting in line for a different guest which might make them unable to see the 'suprise' guest.

I WOULD like an answer please as i have asked a question, plus you visit the C5 section everyday and will be reading this, i would see no reason why you can't give a response.

I am going to the event no matter what..not really for the guests but to see friends, and a suprise to me is great, but i still want to know.

Ben. :lol:

Many thanks

Katie

Mark

Showmasters,

:lol: You cant seal a guest on the day its impossible, or it would defiently seem it. so you will know if a guest is coming before hand, but by your post you are hinting of having the guest as a suprise. do you think a surprise on the day would be fair on people, when you will have sealed that guest before the shows dates, also having the chance to tell fans he/she is going? even if its a day before the event people will travel to attend to see that major guest.

maybe you want it as a suprise so you dont get the same sized crowds and chaos as Collectormania 4. :huh: that would seem to be the only reason i can think of.

You said if we seal the guest/s and they can come we will let you all know.. and other posts such as .."as soon as we know..we will let you know"

How could this be true though because with a suprise guest you wont let us know till the day, and only the people attending will be informed. Suely you can't justify a supirse guest as "when the guest is confirmed...we'll let you know"...you will know if they're going a day or more before, but we wont be told about the guests confirmation untill the day or hour or not even being told at all (being at the right place at the right time basis). This will leave alot of fans devestated, and the fans attending angry because if they knew this certain guest was going then they wouldn't have been waiting in line for a different guest which might make them unable to see the 'suprise' guest.

I WOULD like an answer please as i have asked a question, plus you visit the C5 section everyday and will be reading this, i would see no reason why you can't give a response.

I am going to the event no matter what..not really for the guests but to see friends, and a suprise to me is great, but i still want to know.

Ben. ;)

Im totally agreeing with you on this, i must admit I got alittle worried when I read sm reply aswell.

Warning bells started to ring, i mean c4 was good but it was crazy aswell, what better to cut down the mass rush at c5 then to announce the guests on the day??? Im really hoping im wrong on this.

The thing is, the line up is great at the mo but Ive met all these tonz of times, so as Im short of money it doesn't really warrant spending more money to see these guys again ( as much as i love them lol ) but if a major lotr guest was added I would be there like a shot.

I must agree there would be plenty of fans pissed if you had the guests just turn up on the day- now that wouldn't be fair.

What im really wanting to know is, perhaps a couple of days before c5, are you going to let us know or not?

Hi SM the line up is great so far and we plan to come up on the Friday and one other day.

Would it be possible to announce the guest at least a day before, we are travelling from Somerset and would like to come on a day if the LOTR guest/s are there.

We expect there are other ppl in the same boat, hope this is possible?

Many thanks

Katie

Mark

Showmasters,

maybe you want it as a suprise so you dont get the same sized crowds and chaos as Collectormania 4. :huh: that would seem to be the only reason i can think of.

Ben. ;)

Im totally agreeing with you on this, i must admit I got alittle worried when I read sm reply aswell.

Warning bells started to ring, i mean c4 was good but it was crazy aswell, what better to cut down the mass rush at c5 then to announce the guests on the day??? Im really hoping im wrong on this.

The thing is, the line up is great at the mo but Ive met all these tonz of times, so as Im short of money it doesn't really warrant spending more money to see these guys again ( as much as i love them lol ) but if a major lotr guest was added I would be there like a shot.

I must agree there would be plenty of fans pissed if you had the guests just turn up on the day- now that wouldn't be fair.

What im really wanting to know is, perhaps a couple of days before c5, are you going to let us know or not?

implying that SMs are withholding guest names to avoid a crush at C5 is blatant scare mongering as this reaction illustrates

i advise anyone who thinks SMs are witholding names unnecessarily to read through the reasons why they can't announce before a certain point in negotiations

BB

• Showmasters Admin

Many thanks

Katie

Mark

Showmasters,

:yoda: You cant seal a guest on the day its impossible, or it would defiently seem it. so you will know if a guest is coming before hand, but by your post you are hinting of having the guest as a suprise. do you think a surprise on the day would be fair on people, when you will have sealed that guest before the shows dates, also having the chance to tell fans he/she is going? even if its a day before the event people will travel to attend to see that major guest.

maybe you want it as a suprise so you dont get the same sized crowds and chaos as Collectormania 4. :lol: that would seem to be the only reason i can think of.

Ben. :yoda:

implying that SMs are withholding guest names to avoid a crush at C5 is blatant scare mongering as this reaction illustrates

i advise anyone who thinks SMs are witholding names unnecessarily to read through the reasons why they can't announce before a certain point in negotiations

BB

I thought I had been pretty clear about this, but obviously not, or alternatively people do just enjoy scare mongering.

I shall re-state for clarity in as simple English as I can.

1). We will announce any guest we now confirm on the day that we confirm them.

2). No guest will be announced until, and unless they are confirmed.

3). If we were to confirm a guest today we would announce them today. If we confirm a guest on the day before the event, we will announce them on that day.

4). It is not in our control when guests we are talking to confirm, or not. They will let us know when they can, or see fit, and we cannot, and will not speculate on who they are, or how likely they are to confirm until we have an agreement.

5). It is not in our interests to with-hold guests until the day of the show. We want to publicise their appearance as much as we can, and so as soon as we are able to, we will, for your benefit, the guests benefit, and ours!

People really need to stop going on and on about this. It is not going to change anything and I really do not see how there is anything more to say on the matter. ( Unless of course you have a vested interest in stirring up and worrying people ).

Mark

Many thanks

Katie

Mark

Showmasters,

:yoda: You cant seal a guest on the day its impossible, or it would defiently seem it. so you will know if a guest is coming before hand, but by your post you are hinting of having the guest as a suprise. do you think a surprise on the day would be fair on people, when you will have sealed that guest before the shows dates, also having the chance to tell fans he/she is going? even if its a day before the event people will travel to attend to see that major guest.

Ben. :yoda:

BB

I thought I had been pretty clear about this, but obviously not, or alternatively people do just enjoy scare mongering.

I shall re-state for clarity in as simple English as I can.

1). We will announce any guest we now confirm on the day that we confirm them.

2). No guest will be announced until, and unless they are confirmed.

3). If we were to confirm a guest today we would announce them today. If we confirm a guest on the day before the event, we will announce them on that day.

4). It is not in our control when guests we are talking to confirm, or not. They will let us know when they can, or see fit, and we cannot, and will not speculate on who they are, or how likely they are to confirm until we have an agreement.

5). It is not in our interests to with-hold guests until the day of the show. We want to publicise their appearance as much as we can, and so as soon as we are able to, we will, for your benefit, the guests benefit, and ours!

People really need to stop going on and on about this. It is not going to change anything and I really do not see how there is anything more to say on the matter. ( Unless of course you have a vested interest in stirring up and worrying people ).

Mark

here ! here !

i am sorry you feel i enjoy scare mongering but i really don't, and i wasn't, i wasn't attempting to stir up bad feelings. i was asking a question, which at the time seemed to be very unclear to me untill i got a response. i wasn't thinking of myself. i do not care as i am going either way, but it's something i know alot of people would be angry about if they didn't go holding on to another guest being announced. now it is cleared up, people have been told exactally what they need to know, so their is no room for criticsm against having a suprise guest.

C5 has a good line up and i can't wait :yoda: