Latest Guest Announcement - CARRIE FISHER

Would love to get her but the price is far too high. Should be no more than £25

Says who?

Not to get into a debate about prices, as Showmasters are never overly keen, but I imagine any guest's current price means they either attend or they don't and I'm sure we'd all rather they get every decent guest they can.

I wish I'd gotten Carrie at £25 all those years ago when I wasn't into auto shows and walked straight past her. But hey ho, even though I wish she cost less now, I was happy to get two autos from her at LFCC even at £60.

It is amazing that Showmasters have managed to get her back again so soon after so many years of not seeing her. Great for those who didn't go to LFCC and for those who did but missed her because of how busy she was at a more busy than usual show. She was a real good sport and certainly made the experience feel 'worth' the money, at least to me anyway.

Gary made my photoshoot. You can't see him but I know exactly where he was sniffing and snuffling... made for an interesting pair of smiles from Carrie and myself

Gary was clearly visible in my photoshoot and made for an hilarious picture! Carrie and Gary (and me) are my computer wallpaper at work and it makes me smile every morning when it boots up. Thanks Carrie and Gary for the daily laugh!

Gary made my photoshoot too! he's pulling a funny face which made me laugh who're the photo so I've got as natural a smile as possible for me :lol: I love Gary so much. And carrie is great and it's so awesome that SM have gotten her back so soon. I'm going to try for two autos this time as there aren't as many guests that I want to see this time

Thanks. I've got an early bird ticket so will get there early and rush to her area to get my number (probably along with hundreds of others!)

I got one of the stall holders that I know to get me a VQ ticket for Carrie before the doors opened, I got number 110 and ended up seeing her at 3:30pm!!

Not only were a lot of tickets exchanging hands before doors opened, but there seemed to be hundreds of gold pass holders, so her queue numbers hardly seemed to move all day. It'll probably be worse at the winter show as she's only doing the one day.

Thanks. I've got an early bird ticket so will get there early and rush to her area to get my number (probably along with hundreds of others!)

I got one of the stall holders that I know to get me a VQ ticket for Carrie before the doors opened, I got number 110 and ended up seeing her at 3:30pm!!

Not only were a lot of tickets exchanging hands before doors opened, but there seemed to be hundreds of gold pass holders, so her queue numbers hardly seemed to move all day. It'll probably be worse at the winter show as she's only doing the one day.

This is what I was referring to in my other post above on this topic. Edited by Catweazle

Is carrie fisher coming to earls court next year? As I am only going Sunday as it's too much money to spend for both days and show masters if you put carrie fisher down for summer 2015 I be happy and it make everyone happy then

I wouldn't count on it, once she's finished filming over here she'll head back to the states.

It's been something like 8 years between her last appearance at an SM event and this summer. I'd try to get her now if you can.

• Like 1

This is what I was referring to in my other post above on this topic.

Strange... I queued up from 7am, got in at about 9:10, got a VT for Carrie that was 127 or something like that, and met her about 1:30pm.

Given Tolkeinerd's experience, how'd I manage that???

This is what I was referring to in my other post above on this topic.

Strange... I queued up from 7am, got in at about 9:10, got a VT for Carrie that was 127 or something like that, and met her about 1:30pm.

Given Tolkeinerd's experience, how'd I manage that???

You're absolutely right, my bad. It must have been nearer 2 o'clock that I met her (only a 5 hour wait after entering).

From recollection, she arrived later than scheduled at 11.30 and signed for half an hour, then went off and did photoshoots, then had lunch. She returned at 1.30pm at which time her VQ number was up to 100. Even after you got in the queue it still took half an hour to get from the pay desk to Carrie.

I was just trying to forewarn people how it was in the Summer (and for clarity I arrived at 8am that morning and only came for Carrie). It could well be a lot quieter at the Winter show, I know a lot of people that were put off coming to these events after the summer (and that's people that have been coming religiously for over a decade).

I would still recommend for anyone that wants her to get her this time around, it's been a long wait since her last SM appearance (she was the last cast member I needed to complete a project! When I started it I never thought she'd be the tough one).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...