Sherlocked Update

Massive Events

they posted this on Facebook, which is not much of an update but suggests they've not given up yet.

we still have planes in play, we do want to put an event on this year, we are still talking to the agents and guests to see when is the best time for them to make this happen, as soon as we have something locked in we will inform you all, we want this to happen just like everyone here, talk soon jason

• Like 2

My daughter was asking me about it again last night. I've told her not to expect it to happen now. I get that they're all busy people and that it's hard to pin something down, but to have nothing, not a date or venue or anything at all since Feb last year, after being told in October that they were days away from announcing the venue is just heartbreaking.

I have kind of written off this event as well. I am sure that Showmasters want to put it on, and I am sure they are woking hard to try and do so, but I think the busy schedules of the actors involved will mean that it's just not possible to find a suitable time for it to happen.

I am now planning to spend my convention money elsewhere.

I wonder if there will have to be a decision made at some point as to whether the event is delayed until one or more of the star names is able to attend (personally I've never thought that Martin Freeman was that likely anyway), they go ahead with an event with more the supporting cast, not extras or bit parts but maybe those had main roles in maybe one or two episodes, or just cancel the thing altogether.

Personally I still want to see this event go ahead and the well attended talk at LFACC last year suggests the demand is there for an event of this type. The fact that Showmasters were able to get Gattis, Moffat and Vertue to attend last year does also suggest the production company have an interest in putting this event on as well. It seems from their comments that SM still want this event to happen too.

Naïve as it might be, I'm still working on the assumption that the event will happen at some point in some form, but it may be that I can't make it if they happen to announce it for a weekend I already have something planned for.

Yea I too wouldn't mind missing out on both Benedict and Martin if I had to, my most wanted guests are the shows creators because without them there wouldn't be a show plus they also make/produce whatever lol Doctor Who which I'm also a fan of so yea Gatiss and Moffat ftw! lol

I'm not giving up on there being an actual event though, guess we just have to wait, hope and pray but this silence is rather frustrating..

I've lost hope on the two mains being at the event with there filming commities.

I also have a feeling they will pop up on the forum and give all the information, who what and where. But i feel they will give a month or twos notice. If so, i can't attend. Need to have a few months notice of where and when so i can arrange travel etc

It's always been about being an official event in cooperation with the production company, that comes with certain expectations and in theory should make it easier to get bigger guests - under contract already. You just have the weekend written in the contract, along with other promotional appearances.

Ironically an unofficial event would be easier to run if you only wanted it with secondary guests, less expectations.

go ahead with an event with more the supporting cast, not extras or bit parts but maybe those had main roles in maybe one or two episodes, or just cancel the thing altogether.

Personally I still want to see this event go ahead and the well attended talk at LFACC last year suggests the demand is there for an event of this type. The fact that Showmasters were able to get Gattis, Moffat and Vertue to attend last year does also suggest the production company have an interest in putting this event on as well.

I'd agree that an official event should make it easier to get the bigger guests as you theoretically have an 'in' with the people of influence who make the show. Whether any of the cast have things as specific as convention appearances written into their contracts though I suspect is questionable, no doubt they will have things like chat shows, press interviews, maybe even appearances at something like SDCC where they might just do a panel or something (think that one is OK to mention but please delete if not) etc as part of the promotional activities but conventions of the type that SM tend to run, are perhaps another thing altogether.

Its only a gut instinct but I get the impression Cumberbatch wouldn't be averse in theory to doing something like this, with him it probably just comes to do availability.

I think the problem being is that peoples schedules change. They might have had it all sorted but then things change, filming dates move, new projects turn up, also events happen in private lives as well, its a thing you have to expect in convention attending, anything can happen.

We can hardly expect Moffat Gattis Freeman or Cumberbatch to turn down a writing or film project because of a convention. All conventions are subject to work commitments. If a studio says the dates have moved, or we need you back for reshoots then they have to go because they are contracted to the project. If a new project comes up and the dates clash, then the convention will probably be the casualty. Same if the project of a lifetime pops up, they are hardly going to turn down a dream job because of convention, and people would be incredibly selfish to expect them to do so. These guys the writers and actors are on an incredible roll right now and the film/tv business is a VERY fickle one, and they know this kind of chance may not come around again. They want to do right by the fans but they also have to keep an eye on their careers. Which makes it very difficult for a con to pin everyone down due to the demand on the tallent.

I was going to go to a con in orlando last year but in the end I couldn't afford it. The week before the con the 4 guests that I wanted to see all had to pull out, due to work commitments. So its not an easy thing to pin people down. Especially people as in demand as this lot. And as much as some actors do want to attend a con, things get in the way.

So as frustrating as it is for us I am sure organisers are just as frustrated.

The only thing that bugs me is the lack of information from Showmasters on their own forum and even the lack of updates on facebook. So much for weekly updates! Even a quick line saying there is no change each week would be something. Even just something like, sorry we cant get things sorted, or it may not happen till the end of the year, or it may not happen this year. Just something to give people an idea of whats going on.

Like most people I would not be able to arrange anything on a couple of months notice. I need time to arrange care for my mum and book the pets into kennels. Booking last minute cost a fortune, and as I am a carer I don't have a lot of money so the shorter the notice for the event the less likely I would be able to attend. I need to spread the costs like con tickets, travel and accommodation over a few months *g*
I know this is a difficult one for them to arrange. Possibly they should just call this year quits and arrange it for next year just before or just after season 4 filming when everyone would be together anyway. Surely that would be an easier target.

Edited by fruitbat00

I think that when they couldn't get them all together when they were filming the Christmas special, what hope do they have at any other stage during the coming year as they concentrate on their separate ventures. With so many personal & professional commitments in the coming months, I cant see it happening anytime soon unfortunately. I would like to be proven wrong though! I reckon we will have to wait until filming for season 4 begins

Yeah but even then nothing is assured. Look at this weekend just gone: They are filming the special now but Ben had to fly to the States for an award show and then flew back again. Unfortunately just because they will all be in one place at the same time for the filming of the 2016 episodes still doesn't mean that they will be free for the con.

I understand where you are coming from because this event is a bigger scale, an officail event that they want to be the best in every way possible.

But just about 5 months with no update when promised weekly updates. Even a update every fortnight would be great, even if its just a "sorry guys nothing new at the minute but we are still working on it" would be greatful and not leaving us clueless on the event...

• Like 1