Sherlocked Update

Massive Events

• 2 weeks later...

Mark what's happening with this? Weeks ago it was announced that you'd secured a venue and details were imminent and then there's been no updates for weeks. I'm getting a lot of hassle off my daughter who's desperate for me to book tickets, she literally asks me if there's been any news every few days.

They have been busy and I have no doubt that if there was news they'd be on here to post it. So no update clearly means no news to report... However having promised a weekly update, even if there was nothing to say, and to have heard nothing for 4 weeks is, to put it mildly, frustrating. :rolleyes:

Edited by jcAngel

I get it, I reallydo. Personally though I sometimes find the updates frustrating because you get little snippets and think 'yay, it's moving on now' and then when there's no announcement of dates ect it gets a bit frustrating. I know they aren't going to forget about this con, they will put it on so I'd personally rather wait until they have something concrete.

• 3 weeks later...

This is incredible....

We were told we would get "weekly updates on Thursdays" - hasn't happened.

We were told things were moving along and we should have some news very soon - hasn't happened

I know you could say - if there's no news there's no news but.....

I honestly think we are looking at the longest build up in con history!

This con was announced last Feb and since then we have had not one single piece of actual information about it.

They announced this idea on a very specific date in Feb - intentionally I believe. But it has so far been no more than that, an idea.

This is one of those cases where "no news" really isn't "good news"

• Like 3

I agree and I'm starting to think this event may never happen I know they have been busy the past few weeks with other events and things but like you say it was originally announced back in February you would of expected more info by now even if it was just a venue or date something at least but no we have nothing

Look at the Power Ranger event not long after it was announced there was also a date, venue and guests.

Why announce an event when really its no where near progressing ie has nothing to go on I feel its stupid

Please announce something soon ME :crying:

• Moderators

Honestly, guys, the last time I heard from Mark he was just as frustrated as all of you about the lack of information. He was waiting on hearing back about a few important things that would determine things like when it is held, and it appears they're still waiting!

I agree and I'm starting to think this event may never happen I know they have been busy the past few weeks with other events and things but like you say it was originally announced back in February you would of expected more info by now even if it was just a venue or date something at least but no we have nothing

Look at the Power Ranger event not long after it was announced there was also a date, venue and guests.

Why announce an event when really its no where near progressing ie has nothing to go on I feel its stupid

Please announce something soon ME :crying:

There's a big difference between how busy the respective guests are. It's not really a fair comparison.

Edited by yellowmarlin

I agree that a comparison of the two events isn't really valid but it is a shame that having had the organisers acknowledge that communication hadn't been great, that the promised weekly updates fell by the wayside after only a few weeks.

Maybe it would have been better if someone could have come on here/Facebook and confirmed that there had been some unexpected delays and that either there would be no more announcements until these were finalised or that the proposed weekly updates would be moved to monthly instead.

I don't doubt there is plenty of hard work going on with regards to this event, and I'm sure the organisers are every bit as frustrated about the delays as we are, but it feels like a missed opportunity to have promised more communication then not deliver on it.

• Like 2

Is it time to give up now??

After being promised a weekly update - we have heard NOTHING for 10 weeks.

At the last update we were told we should know something "within a fortnight"

When we then hear nothing for another 8 weeks, even if it's "sorry - still no news" - it begins to grate.

Please don't fob us off with empty promises.

Please have the professionalism and common decency to keep your word.

Edited by Doc Bones

I don't think its a question of giving up on this event. I don't envy the organisers one bit, I think even Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss have commented that it isn't always easy to arrange filming the show itself due to the schedules of the actors, so fitting in something like a convention must be even harder again.

I've never had a problem waiting for the best event they can possibly arrange, if that means waiting a while then so be it, I'd certainly rather wait than have no event at all or end up with something that's not quite as good just for the sake of holding an event. I did say the other day that I think its a shame that the weekly updates didn't continue or at least get changed to monthly or something, but I still think this has the potential to be a great event and I'm assuming that the organisers think so to or it would have been canned a long time back.

I get that it takes an amazing amount of work to pull something like this off

I get that they are working hard

I get that when it happens it will be amazing

What I don't get is why they promise to keep us in the loop (having apologised for not having done so) and then proceed to be absent from the forum for 10 weeks!!

and now Benedict IS DOING Dr Strange I think everything has gone out the window and he's going to be SO BUSY now

and he's filming something else recently as well

Dr Strange is so far away (out November 2016) that Benedict is unlikely to be shooting that in the currently expected timeslot for the con (March/April/May 2015). He's also continuing shooting Richard III (but not right now - he's mainly on press junkets). The whole shoot is 6 months, but not everyone is required for all of those 6 months (October 2014 to March 2015). The Sherlock Special shoots in January 2015.

Edited by laurab1

he could appear in ANY of the Marvel movies from now until Dr Strange as well. People are talking about him being in the next Avengers as they are doing more filming. Also this con could be at ANY time, 6 months from now, 9 months from now baring in mind he is doing Hamlet after the summer as well.

He's also scheduled to do another 3 movies, Lost City of Z being one of them, he is such a busy man right now. Also Andrew Scott is doing Bond, I know everyone is focused on Ben and Martin but Andrew has to be taken into consideration as well.

This should never have been so childishly announced back in February, they should have done the mature thing and waited until things were finalised before actually saying anything to the waiting world. I really do think it'll come back and bite them in the arras for being so immature as people, including myself, are getting increasingly annoyed about the lack of communication for this ''event''.

It's highly unlikely that Benedict will attend given that his schedule is packed to the rafters for the foreseeable future and now he's also got a wedding to plan, I would imagine Martin Freeman is much the same and as lovely as the rest of the cast are I think most folk are hoping that after such a build up that the main 2 will be included.

All in all it's a shame it's going this way but I really do hope someone pulls their finger out soon and gives an update like they promised they'd do, oooh hang on a mo is that a pig flying past me??????? :poki:

• Like 1