Sherlocked Update

Massive Events

That's the one!

Funny thing with Andrew Scott, when he first appeared I was a little bit surprised, not because he wasn't good in that first episode he did, but I suppose I was expecting someone better known. Turned out to be a great bit of casting though, don't think I've seen someone do controlled unhinged quite as well as he does!

• Like 2

This may not surprise you, but I do a really good impression of Scott when he does the pool scene! With an Irish accent too.

I didn't really know Scott and I thought they'd need someone who would be on par with Cumberbatch, at first I was disappointed, but now I think no one could do it better.

I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm not, do you have a Stayin' Alive ringtone as well?! That might be more of a surprise if truth be told!

I think Scott suits the modern day setting really well, I wonder if he would have worked quite so well in a traditional Victorian era version though. Fortunately I guess we'll never need to find out!

Edited by Count Fooku

Martin and Amanda did a q&a at the Hertford Childrens Book Festival on Sunday last week that I took my daughter to. They aired His Last Vow and then did a half hour Q&A with all questions from kids (or under 18s anyway). It was really good and I do think they'd be up for a convention. I certainly hope so.

• Like 1

That's encouuraging, would be great if they got both of them along.

I always tended to think of Freeman as being a bit of a straight man but I thought he was really good in the last series, especially in the episode where sherlock came back. Still not sure about him as Richard III though!

Edited by Count Fooku
  • Like 1

I'm looking at John Simm as an example as someone who I wouldn't have thought would have done something like this who ended up doing an event a couple of years ago. I seem to remember at the time someone asked him if he was enjoying it and he replied "Surprisingly, Yes". Perhaps suggested that it was something he wasn't that keen on doing originally but found it better than he thought it would be, no idea if word spreads with these things but might just help swing it in the right direction.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

There is more than likely something other than this already in BC's diary for next March-May (the expected time period for the the con) that Showmasters are already workimg around, if he's been invited. IMDB says Doctor Strange is out November 2016. There's liitle chance of the con being affected, I think.