Sheffield Schedule

Also, I've got a general entry ticket and hoping to arrive at the arena at half 9ish (Ino how big the queues can be at these) does anyone from past experience know roughly how long I'd be queuing up for after 11am?

If you're that early I am pretty sure you will be among the first in the standard queue. It's even possible that there's still a small portion of the early bird line there depending on how close to 9 you arrive.

Also, I've got a general entry ticket and hoping to arrive at the arena at half 9ish (Ino how big the queues can be at these) does anyone from past experience know roughly how long I'd be queuing up for after 11am?

If you're that early I am pretty sure you will be among the first in the standard queue. It's even possible that there's still a small portion of the early bird line there depending on how close to 9 you arrive.

Ahh good, I'm getting the first train there. I'd rather queue for while before 11 than get there later and get in even later :)

I was thinking more of the 12-2 spaces, especially as he's only 15 mins too. Really looking forward to meeting him too, and now could not happen. Oh well, the last few days have put what's important in life in perspective.

That short gap in the middle of the day will be where the photographer and all the crew working the photo area wolf down some lunch!
John Rhys Davis has 10 min shoot at 1310. That could have been given to the bigger name with the 15 minute shoot, and John put later on, that's all I'm saying.

But its immaterial as I'm still not feeling well enough to travel after my illness. Hopefully SM can get Dirk to another event.

Edited by andrewrolar

I was thinking more of the 12-2 spaces, especially as he's only 15 mins too. Really looking forward to meeting him too, and now could not happen. Oh well, the last few days have put what's important in life in perspective.

That short gap in the middle of the day will be where the photographer and all the crew working the photo area wolf down some lunch!
John Rhys Davis has 10 min shoot at 1310. That could have been given to the bigger name with the 15 minute shoot, and John put later on, that's all I'm saying.

But its immaterial as I'm still not feeling well enough to travel after my illness. Hopefully SM can get Dirk to another event.

Sorry but I think the term "bigger name" is very subjective. I'd place John RD ahead of Dirk B on the basis that I'm more familiar with John's work outside of Indy/LOTR than I am of Dirk B's non-Battlestar/A-Team work. I think in terms of the scheduling though SM will also be on a no-win situation because chances are there will always be the potential for clashes unless they did something like no photoshoots and talks at the same time and no two photoshoots happening at the same time with space in between to get from one to the other.

I am sorry though that you're missing out due to the illness factor :(

Out of interest, going by sales figures... if we did try to get there for just before 11, how big are you expecting queues to be?

I'm still very fatigued, but over worst of original illness, touch wood.

TBH I'd put both Dirk and JRD above quite a few of the people that have been put ahead of them. Even the Frazer Hines / k9 / John Leeson shoots would have been a good swap for me.

Edited by andrewrolar

TBH I'd put both Dirk and JRD above quite a few of the people that have been put ahead of them. Even the Frazer Hines / k9 / John Leeson shoots would have been a good swap for me.

Now that's an entirely different ball game and I don't see that SM would ever allocate the photoshoots by a guest's stardom.

I've combined together the guest pictures, prices and schedule as of this morning that I will be using myself. It might be handy for other attendees too :) Can be doublesided printed.

Note: David Prowse's photoshoot times will be announced at the show.

Word document:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WymNp89_rea2hYcFhvNTQ0NGM/edit?usp=sharing

PDF document:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WymNp89_reaVliNVhlalFGalU/edit?usp=sharing

I went today but I didn't see any maps on display. Essentially though when you come through the main front doors all that upper walkway is where the guests are signing. Down in the arena area you have Talk Area A on one side (near green door entrance), Talk Area B is roughly in the middle on the opposite site. Prop and photo area, auction area, sales table are all at the far end. Traders is obvious :)

• 5 weeks later...