Guest Suggestions 2015

Hope showmasters can pull something out their sleeve following the unfortunate cancellation of Billy Dee Williams. Same thing happened last year when Kristanna cancelled. Remember being gutted last year and cant help feeling the same way this year. Really hope Billy Dee gets well soon.

Agree, i wont be travelling if we dont get something else

• Like 1

The loss of Billy Dee Williams was a big blow and the guest line-up is a bit sparse compared to previous years.

However, I'm still looking forward to Saturday as it is always a good atmosphere at Braehead and when I'm not meeting guests I'll be leafing through the autograph dealers' ring binders in search of that "must have" item :-D

• Like 2

Got to say, I'm really disappointed in the lack of guests this year.

I know it's all down to who's available etc., but surely SM could have pulled something out of the bag here. I'm only meeting one guest. My average is five.

Lots of people are now not attending, which is never good. I'll still go for the atmosphere which is always great, but yeah, a lackluster list this year.

Hoping next year will be an improvement.

• Like 1

Got to say, I'm really disappointed in the lack of guests this year.

I know it's all down to who's available etc., but surely SM could have pulled something out of the bag here. I'm only meeting one guest. My average is five.

Lots of people are now not attending, which is never good. I'll still go for the atmosphere which is always great, but yeah, a lackluster list this year.

Hoping next year will be an improvement.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I used quote, but it didn't seem to quote and it made it look like my post was a continuation of your post.... so left a space after some dashes to keep them separated! LOL

I have to say that by last year's standard that this year the guest list appears poorer, but for me personally some of the guests are fab. I am meeting 9 so far and that might go up if we are lucky enough to get any last minute good names added. I think actually a lot of it is to do with the fact the better guests that attend some of the others, in particular London, are back to filming by late August. They should do a switch around with the event dates for each location. So that one year Glasgow maybe gets a July slot (which might get a better guest list) and then another year make it June, another year make it October. These events tend to go on for several months at the different locations. If they switched up the location dates each year, maybe some of the places that missed out on bigger names the previous year at other locations might be in with a chance. Might suggest that actually. :clap:

Edited by mands151271
  • Like 1

hi im traveling from ireland and main reason was to see Billy Dee Williams and now wondering if SM are working on anymore guests for the event

I'd say it's unlikely that any more "big" names will be announced so close to the event.

You never know though, Daniel Portman was a nice surprise, so it's always possible.