only days away!

• Moderators

Collectormania has been going for years. Sheffield needs to grow. There's no way a first show would be bigger.

After this first one they'll have a far better idea of what works etc. It's all about sensible growth.

• Like 2

Is Sheffield Sold out on Saturday? Not seen anything to confirm this? Could this be confirmed by SM. As it will mean I have to Re arrange my plans :crying:

Not that I am aware of.

The only thing I remember was the pre-warning posted by SM in some forums, and I can't even find the post here for Sheffield.

Hi Everyone

Tickets for walk ups, buying on the day are looking fine at this time, but we are starting to recommend that for the Saturday only, people should look at buying in advance, as it can no longer be guaranteed that walk up tickets will be available all day long for the Saturday.

Sunday is looking fine its just the Saturday that maybe a little close so we are recommending buying in advance.

At London this year and Newcastle on the Saturday we did have to start to limit the sale to one in one out between 11.30am to around 3.00pm so to avoid this please look at purchasing tickets in advance.

Sunday walk ups do not seem to be an issue at this time at any of our events so you should be okay walking up and buying on the door but again please be aware that these events are getting busier now days and things may change from event to event.

We wanted to give you all this heads up so everyone understands that things are getting busier and its starting to get to a point where we now do recommend pre-buying to be 100% sure ,

On the day we will do our best to look after all your needs and get everyone in on time and so everything is running smoothly and safe.

There are still plenty of tickets available for all time entries, but as has happened over the last few events there are now many people turning up on the day to buy tickets so pre-buying is now recommend for 100% access without any stress or worry :-)

It's good the shows are so strong nowadays and that means we can bring in the bigger guests you are all wanting to see, but with this it means more fans attending so we want to look after you all, so we hope this gives you all the information you need for a great weekend.

Showmasters .

I agree it's about growth but in the process of growth they need to attract more guests as every ones paying the full price etc

Every growth process needs a starting point. No one is saying there won't be a bigger number of guests/more "movie" guests etc. next year.

Just that I appreciate that next year will be bigger it's just I would like to see more and bigger guests as I'm paying to get in and when you see collectormainia when it started it was wicked and that was free . I'm still going just would like to see show masters having a bit of faith in us and wow us as we've already had a big guest cancel on us.

Just that I appreciate that next year will be bigger it's just I would like to see more and bigger guests as I'm paying to get in and when you see collectormainia when it started it was wicked and that was free . I'm still going just would like to see show masters having a bit of faith in us and wow us as we've already had a big guest cancel on us.

She cancelled due to personal issues (which knowing the details of are completely understandable) which were out of showmasters control and she was promptly replaced by an reasonably big (if not bigger in my eyes) guest of Anthony Stewart Head.

I personally love the line up and cant wait.

The first CM was in a shopping mall. I am sure the hiring arrangements for that space were a little different cause the promotional aspects were also a benefit for the mall. I'm pretty sure the main reason CM: MK is still free entry is the tradition of it always been free.

Sheffield only has that suitable venue which needs to be hired. Those costs needs to be covered too. It's not that the ticket costs are charged out of spite. It was either a venue that required an entry fee or no event. Would you rather have no event? ;)

I'm happy but then I am a Doctor Who fan.

Same here but then there are also other guests that are not Who that I'm also pleased to be meeting, e.g. Virginia Hey. I'm always aware that as they've got the likes of Armin Shimmerman and Kitty over from the US (although I'm not into Trek personally) so good names there.

I'm also realistic that you're not going to get typical LFCC-type guests at a first time event outside of London.

I'm happy but then I am a Doctor Who fan.

Same here but then there are also other guests that are not Who that I'm also pleased to be meeting, e.g. Virginia Hey. I'm always aware that as they've got the likes of Armin Shimmerman and Kitty over from the US (although I'm not into Trek personally) so good names there.

I'm also realistic that you're not going to get typical LFCC-type guests at a first time event outside of London.

Yeah I really cant wait to meet the Torchwood guests and Anthony Head.

Anyway SM cant go too big on their first time and risk not making their money back. It would be different if it was an established event.

Definitely see your point queen, every event needs a good level starting point and grow slowly. strong foundations is the key...although i will say about your pay or 'no event' comment, i do think personally that there is alot of shows going on all over the country now and maybe too many..this is just my opinion btw...i have no problems paying for entry at all but when showmasters are doing an event in a different city every other month and again my opinion only milton keynes and london have the line ups that are the most attractive, or with 'big guests' as people say, then i sometimes feel less is more....rather then have a show in so many citys across the country with a so so guest lineup. Id be happy to pay for MK show with the level of guests they been getting, but again, like anything we all have out own tastes. if there are no guests at all id wanna meet id miss the show and wait for the next one.

Again this is just my opinion and irespect everyone elses, but this, even though its the 1st show isnt an exciting guest list for me other then dirk benedict but ill still have a good day and browse the stalls. Im sure if its a success it will grow and there maybe be more exciting guests in the future.

The first CM was in a shopping mall. I am sure the hiring arrangements for that space were a little different cause the promotional aspects were also a benefit for the mall. I'm pretty sure the main reason CM: MK is still free entry is the tradition of it always been free.

Sheffield only has that suitable venue which needs to be hired. Those costs needs to be covered too. It's not that the ticket costs are charged out of spite. It was either a venue that required an entry fee or no event. Would you rather have no event? ;)

Look at the crowd the last Newcastle show drew. For the regular visitors a guest line up may not be too exciting. But shows outside of the usual places draw a lot of fans in that may not even think about travelling to London. Still those local fans might obviously consider having a fun afternoon at "their" local show where they just have to hop in a car and find a decent parking space.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Star Trek and Doctor Who have been hugely popular for decades, and Game of Thrones is one of the most popular shows on television right now. So I think for a first event - and actually ANY event right now - it makes sense to be covering these shows.

Variety is nice of course but they have to go with the shows that are popular and that they know will appeal to people, especially with a first show.

I'm sure if it's a success they can start to have a wider consideration of movies/shows.

I'm tipping its going to be a success, based on what im hearing from everyone I speak to. I know atleast 30-40 people going just from my circle of friends so I imagine ticket sales have been pretty good.