First Ever Comic Con Event

Hey,

Although I look comic books, animation and classic films this will be my first ever Comic Con - My question is what shall I expect to see??

How busy is it usually??

How long do you have to queue for??

How expensive is it to buy things at the event??

What guest would you love to see??

I've seen both variants in the dealers area personally - got some great bargains, other times I've left stuff behind because I knew I could get it cheaper. It really depends on what you are looking for.

There's a guest suggestion topic in this section here, that should give you a good overview about guests attendees are hoping to see.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
had the wrong section

Unless I was imagining things I'm sure this will be the 3rd Cardiff event.... both previous times were pretty busy but if you pre-book entry you should be inside within 30-45 mins of arrival (its not anywhere near the scale of the London event)

Enjoy

Buy your tickets now as last year the pay on the day cue stretched round the whole Motorpoint on the Saturday, depending on what tickets you buy your entry shouldn't be long after the entry time you buy the cues move fast.

Inside its not expensive and is pretty much the same as on line for products, but you get to see them in the flesh as well as many items you wouldn't expect to find as well as some rare items ( the stalls are great ). Food and drink can be expensive but nothing more than you would expect from these arenas. The cosplays are always impressive and approachable and are definatley the best part of the weekend. Hopefully more guests will be added soon ( Im wishing for horror stars, but don't mind as theres always someone to see) Have a great time on your first Comic con, once you've been once youll be gagging to go again !!

Edited by rorkes drifter
  • Like 1

Hello, This will be my 3rd convention. Meeting the stars can be expensive but it is worth the wait.

It does get really busy at times but head to the middle and get tickets for the celebs you want to meet when you get in.

The stalls are really good with loads to buy. There will be loads of people in costumes, a great Johnny Depp pirate at the last one!

They always have a car from a film on show (batmobile & dukes of hazard so far, delorian next?).

Looking for more Harry Potter guests but loads of dr who at the moment. Come early to queue and you can stay for hours.