Arena location

Hi guys, ive never been to the motorpoint arena so just wondered what the location was like in distance to say the sheffield town centre or meadowhall.

There's a tram that operates between both to the arena. I know as I asked one of our IT bods who works in Sheffield :-)

So does the tram go directly to the arena from meadowhall? and would you say its easier or quicker to park up at meadowhall and get the tram to the arena or drop off at mhall and drive onto the arena as we originally planned?

thanks

As a local i'd say Meadowhall is your best bet for drop off and then just jump on tram its £1.50 i think each way.

yes the tram from meadowhall goes directly to the arena. Parking will probably be far easier and less busy at meadowhall than the arena but other than that there's probably not alot in it.

Personal preference really

• Like 1

I'm coming over from Leeds on the train so presume it will be quicker for me to change at Meadowhall? That said we're stopping in a hotel for Friday night as it was easier for us so we may go via city centre anyway and stock up on essentials for Saturday.

Edited by Knitty Fred

I would say it depends if you're coming by train or car, if car then park at Meadowhall and catch the tram, if train then tram from Sheffield station :)

I've just amended that post :) And okies will be Sheffield centre then although I could also pop into work hq at the same time lol

I live a 15 minute walk away from the arena so if i were you if coming by car park at the next / argos side of Meadowhall and its a 15 minute walk if that to the arena. Literally across the road, left, then right and then past the retail park. Meadowhall is free to park for as long as needed. But just so you are aware it will probably cost to park at the arena. Don't by any means attempt to park at the retail park as its got a two hour limit. Centertainment will probably have some kind of security at the entrance when thing are on at the arena so be careful parking there too. These two places are ravonous for parking fines.

The tram stop is called arena and don valley bowl if i remember correctly and it will take less than five to walk from the stop although i guess it could get busy!

• Like 1

Any idea on what the cost of the parking may be at the actual arena car park? and do they definitely charge? we parked on site for the milton keynes show and that wasnt paid so i was hoping it may be the same. didnt really wanna park at meadowhall then have to get the tram there and back if we can help it.

I live a 15 minute walk away from the arena so if i were you if coming by car park at the next / argos side of Meadowhall and its a 15 minute walk if that to the arena. Literally across the road, left, then right and then past the retail park. Meadowhall is free to park for as long as needed. But just so you are aware it will probably cost to park at the arena. Don't by any means attempt to park at the retail park as its got a two hour limit. Centertainment will probably have some kind of security at the entrance when thing are on at the arena so be careful parking there too. These two places are ravonous for parking fines.

The tram stop is called arena and don valley bowl if i remember correctly and it will take less than five to walk from the stop although i guess it could get busy!