Latest Comic Guest Announcement - JAMES O'BARR

• Showmasters Admin
Latest Comic Guests James O'Barr

Attending: Sat/Sun

Creator: The Crow

Although his first professional work was a four-pager published by Marvel in 1986’s Savage Tales #4, it was another three years before James O’Barr really began to make his mark on the comicbook scene. It was then that the writer/artist began publishing The Crow, a highly personal story that was to define his career. Debuting in the 1989 first issue of Caliber Presents, the concept has gone on to spawn an entire franchise including numerous spin-offs, four movies and a TV series. With a remake of the original 1994 film in development, O’Barr continues to draw covers and write new stories of The Crow for IDW.

get_attachment.jpg

• Like 2

Omfg! Giddily excited. James O'Barr is the ultimate couldn't ask for better comic artist. Been a massive fan of his work and film since a little girl!

Soooooo wanna get my comic signed! Be an absolute dream

• 3 weeks later...

Met him previously and he was really chatty, signed my The Crow Graphic novel and I bought a nice lithographic print of some artwork, spoke for a while about the new stories he's involved in, really nice guest to meet.Good to see him back.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so pleased he's back. I didn't get the chance to get to Cardiff last year (Stupid DIY decorating!!) and was kicking myself for weeks afterwards.

Does anyone know what he was charging for a sketch at Cardiff?

As it would be good to have a rough idea of budget before I arrive.

He signed for free last time but he also offered COA's to go with whatever you had signed which were £3, these he also signed. Completely optional but a nice addition I thought. As far as his artwork, he had limited edition signed prints which ranges between £25-£40 if I remember right, and his original hand drawn sketches in his portfolio was £100+ for some of The Crow stuff.