Money for the Day

Sorry if this question has already been asked, newbie here!

Just wondering roughly how much cash I should be bringing along with me to Collectormania Glasgow this year?

What would you suggest to a first timer...?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Welcome, LL.

Tough one, that. :headscratch:

Ive came with £200 quid before and spent less than a third of it, only for the following year to come with £100 and wished i'd brought more.

It really all depends on what your planning to do with it and what you see for sale at the tables once your in - so its all relative i guess.

You can get out of the Arena the show is in and use the cash machines within Braehead, and get back in too (dunno if you knew that) so as long as you have a bank card and money in it, you're sorted.

Just be wary of repeat trips to the cash point cos there can be a LOOOOOT of stuff at the stalls you want, if your anything like me - and ive overextended myself financially at the last few shows ive been too, buying stuff i HAD to have...

Just a thought..

Good luck then, and hope to see you at the show. :D

Thanks MDP, I appreciate the reply :)

I was planning on £200 but hope to NOT spend it all, however if I can get access to a bank I don't suppose I need to overly worry, I wasn't sure if there'd be a bank available to be honest so thanks for that info :) at least I know I won't be stuck.

Really can't wait :) hope to see you too :D

• Like 1

The way I look at it, it is better to have more money (the most you can afford) and not spending it than having to search for cash machines to get more. As others have said it depends on what your into and what Guests you plan on meeting. Because I am a collector looking for figures to complete my collections, it can get quite expensive especially purchasing the rarer ones. So I would always suggest bargaining at the stalls if your getting multiple things and look for a discount. Don't be shy in suggesting it as sometimes it can be quite a saving!

• Like 2

Having already bought most of the photo ops i was planning to go for, i'm thinking of taking about £100 with me. mainly to limit myself. i've got photos ops booked on both days though, so if i see any merch on saturday that i want to buy but can't afford in my £100, i can draw cash out for the Sunday to buy it.

(i strongly believe in fate, so if i get there on sunday and the item has already been sold, it was obviously not meant to be for me)

• Like 1

After underestimating my budget for last years show, I've been saving up my pennies for this year.

I'm hoping that the stall selling all the custom statues/models/busts etc. is there again.

He is going mate, contacted him a few months ago about a custom project...I hope he has been able to do it :D

• Like 1

sweeeeet.

Thanks. Any clues as to what your custom piece was?

I had asked him to do an ED 209 statue :D he said he would but I haven't heard from him since and that was back in April...fingers crossed! I bought one of his Hulk statues last year and the quality and detail is incredible, easily gives the big companies a run for their money.

Joe

Edited by dodef
  • Like 2

The way I look at it, it is better to have more money (the most you can afford) and not spending it than having to search for cash machines to get more. As others have said it depends on what your into and what Guests you plan on meeting. Because I am a collector looking for figures to complete my collections, it can get quite expensive especially purchasing the rarer ones. So I would always suggest bargaining at the stalls if your getting multiple things and look for a discount. Don't be shy in suggesting it as sometimes it can be quite a saving!

Bargain indeed!The stalls are the biggest temptation for me lol-picked up a new predator figure for my son for a fiver last year,lots of stuff like pics and mugs were getting reduced on sunday evening as well if your into that and can wait

• Like 1

Just heard from Daz @ buydesignmodels and he has made the ed209 for me :D . Cant wait to pick it up, looks like he has done a great job from the pic he sent!

Wouln't mind a wee picture of Ed once you've got him home. Love me some Robocop

• Like 1

I really need to try and limit my spending on the day, I'm paid the day before however I'm also attending Comic Con in September so I need to keep some cash for that.

Anyone reading this post been to a Comic Con before? It'll be my first one :)

Just heard from Daz @ buydesignmodels and he has made the ed209 for me :D . Cant wait to pick it up, looks like he has done a great job from the pic he sent!

Wouln't mind a wee picture of Ed once you've got him home. Love me some Robocop

Not a prob mate! Have literally just finished putting the final touches in the man cave to make some room for him, will give me a chance to get some feedback :) (other than the wife rolling her eyes lol)

• Like 1

Whatever budget I have in mind usually gets squished and prodded, changed and expanded the minute I see guests I hadn't thought about having a photo or auto with.

I try not to carry too much cash where possible and use the sales desk with my bank card to buy the show vouchers that can be used instead of cash for autographs.

Whilst I do take a portion of cash I always try not to carry too much. After losing my purse the other year when travelling it makes me a bit nervous.

just had a heart stopping moment at tesco checkout. my debit card wasn't in my purse and i was planning to get £100 out for tomorrow. luckily it was just in the wrong slot and i found it fairly quickly but i nearly had a complete panic attack more about tomorrow than the fact i couldn't afford food without it :P