how diamond tickets would work?

when the tickets go on sale if there was someone I wanted to meet who was available as a diamond ticket and I got the diamond ticket. what would happen if someone else was announce who there was also diamond tickets available for? would I be able to get the 2nd diamond ticket or would they be able to be met under the original diamond ticket or would i just pay for their photo & autograph?

e.g. if Hugh Jackmon was announced and I got a diamond ticket for him then say Peter Jackson was announced and there were diamond tickets for him. just thinking hypothetically.

Yes you'd have to buy 1 Diamond Pass for each Diamond Guest. 1 Diamond Pass cannot cover more than one Diamond Guest because the price of Diamond Passes may vary from Diamond Guest to Diamond Guest depending on the agreement, what they want to do and I guess how big they are.

This has already been stated in this thread: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85787

• Like 1

Does anyone know how much are the diamond guest tickets are yet ?

No because there are no diamond guests and as the tickets will be tailored to the specific guest there won't be any details until a suitable guest is announced. Personally I'd be surprised if they're less than £400-£500 and I expect will probably be a lot more but that's just a personal view based on the guests being discussed and what they've charged at other events.

• Like 1

No because there are no diamond guests and as the tickets will be tailored to the specific guest there won't be any details until a suitable guest is announced. Personally I'd be surprised if they're less than £400-£500 and I expect will probably be a lot more but that's just a personal view based on the guests being discussed and what they've charged at other events.
Okay, thanks so there's still plenty of time to get that amount of cash then, here's hoping that they will be able to get one or two guests that I have been asking for

Okay, thanks so there's still plenty of time to get that amount of cash then, here's hoping that they will be able to get one or two guests that I have been asking for

Well it's only my speculation. Stallone as an example charged about $395 per autograph in the US. Weaver I think was around half of that so assuming prices will be similar due to having to fly them over here and given what Jason was suggesting might be in the package, it won't be cheap. We're going way beyond the £25-£45 range people are getting used to or even the £60 that Carrie Fisher cost this year and many people I know think that's even too much for an autograph. It'll be a whole new level and I'm not sure if people are really aware of how much it'll cost to get the people they're asking for, even if they're willing to do an event and many have said in the past they wouldn't be interested.

We will see but until they actually get one of these guests it's all just supposition and speculation.

• 1 month later...

So if you can ONLY meet a diamond guest with a diamond pass that's the majority of attendees missing out. Tickets for lfcc next year on sale NOW only means that more people will turn up on the day making it even more chaotic than it was in July and that's saying something.

Attendees will have to have a tickets for next year. No on the doors sales on the Saturday will happen. For this reason there will not be massive queues of people trying to buy tickets and then getting upset at not getting in because they didnt plan ahead. SM will only sell to capacity and when that is sold that is it. As for diamond tickets, these are only for certain massive guests that we would in no other terms get to meet. This is why they are diamond and they will cost so much to bring oved. Do you have any idea what it costs for a guest of a certain calibre. One of the main supernatural stars can easily cost £300,000 or more to bring over, I used to work for a convetion company so I know this as fact. It gives the people with enough money the chance to meet them while other who cant affortld it dont, seems harsh but no body could charge £80 Stallone for example as that isnt feesably possible.

People are priced out....I for one will probably not get any diamonds although it would seriously depend who as only a couple of people I would pay those amounts of money for. But another way to look at it we wouldnt meet them anyway if we couldnt afford it. They wont come for less so there is no difference anyway. SM cant reduce the guests price. Plus there'll still be tens of guest we can meet like always :)

• Like 1

I know it's been stated that the only guest from this years LFCC that would be considered a Diamond Pass guest would be Stan Lee, but his autograph was £45 and photo op was £35. So is it safe to assume, that even though the guest may be a one-off, they may not necessarily be over the top expensive?

Just a thought.

• Like 2

from now on diamond guest will be people who are classed as Hollywood stars i would expect. people like Robert downy Jr, Hugh Jackman, angeliana jolie, julie roberts, johnny depp , sandra bullock. these are the sort of actors i would expect would be classed as diamond guests.

Edited by stargate geek emily

Attendees will have to have a tickets for next year. No on the doors sales on the Saturday will happen. For this reason there will not be massive queues of people trying to buy tickets and then getting upset at not getting in because they didnt plan ahead. SM will only sell to capacity and when that is sold that is it. As for diamond tickets, these are only for certain massive guests that we would in no other terms get to meet. This is why they are diamond and they will cost so much to bring oved. Do you have any idea what it costs for a guest of a certain calibre. One of the main supernatural stars can easily cost £300,000 or more to bring over, I used to work for a convetion company so I know this as fact. It gives the people with enough money the chance to meet them while other who cant affortld it dont, seems harsh but no body could charge £80 Stallone for example as that isnt feesably possible.

Yer, I was reading the other day a con in the US offered Harrison Ford their entire budget of $200k to speak for an hour and he wouldn't even consider it. All those hoping for him to be announced might be disappointed. Edited by USS_NOSTROMO

from now on diamond guest will be people who are classed as Hollywood stars i would expect. people like Robert downy Jr, Hugh Jackman, angeliana jolie, julie roberts, johnny depp , sandra bullock. these are the sort of actors i would expect would be classed as diamond guests.

This is generally how I see it at present... that first Diamond guest they announce will no doubt set the standard and make it clearer.

Yeah, we arnt being priced out. EVERYTHING SM does and sells is an optional, fun hobby. It's totally by choice.

What they do is offer us the chance to meet people we want to. Some of those people happily do cons and love meeting fans and only ask a small fee.

Some, as in examples stated above, wont even consider fees that SM have only paid to ENTIRE line-ups before. And so, they have never been able to get them.

Clearly now SM has both the connections and the money to start to get some of those high-end guests who would normally ask a little too much. They have to charge a certain amount to cover those fees asked of them. And so, the Diamond Pass was born.

And even IF he guest agreed to do non-diamond signing/shoot times? They would still charge SM/us LOADS. So yeah, mayeb you wouldnt have to buy a diamond pass, but you would still have to pay £200+ for ONE autograph if they did. And at that point you may as well of got the pass lol

• Like 3

I know it's been stated that the only guest from this years LFCC that would be considered a Diamond Pass guest would be Stan Lee, but his autograph was £45 and photo op was £35. So is it safe to assume, that even though the guest may be a one-off, they may not necessarily be over the top expensive?

Just a thought.

Yes, true, even if LFCC had to limit the access , diamond tickets are a great way to do that and to preserve the well being of guests as well as attendees. I was happy to have a photoshoot and autograph at that price.

Arnold charging round 2k for let's call it an experience and Stallone charging about 900$ For photoshoot/autograph is a little bit over the top (ohohoh) if you ask me, I do understand that those high caliber guests should be paid regarding to their status , but it's mainly about thanking their fans, they would not be much without us, they just have to find the right balance between getting paid and meeting and pleasing their fans... I would gladly pay way more to meet some of those guests as long as it is not reserved to an elite... And I do understand the price for an autograph as some just might end up on the internet, but a personal picture...

I really would like to see what will happen, IF "the Rock" thing happens, from what I can see from his media personna , this guy seems to have a lot of respect and love for his fans, I really think his diamond tickets might be worth it in every way, even on a price level...

Well anyway even if it turns out that those diamond tickets are going ou of reach we'll still have "our" regular guests, and there is still a few out there I would be very happy to meet... At a reasonable price

And there will still be 'big' guests that won't have passes. People like Carrie Fisher, Shatner and others. It won't be all £15 guests and '3rd stormtrooper from the left' and then a HUGE leap to £300+ for the next calibre.

It'll be an LFCC like any other, with nearly 100 guests. And on top of that, 1/2/3 Diamond guests for those who can afford them.

• Like 1

Wow 200k for an hpir. That is crazy! So yeah that show the cost and why diamond tickets will probably cost so much!

Yer, I was reading the other day a con in the US offered Harrison Ford their entire budget of $200k to speak for an hour and he wouldn't even consider it. All those hoping for him to be announced might be disappointed.
  • Like 1

And there will still be 'big' guests that won't have passes. People like Carrie Fisher, Shatner and others. It won't be all £15 guests and '3rd stormtrooper from the left' and then a HUGE leap to £300+ for the next calibre.

It'll be an LFCC like any other, with nearly 100 guests. And on top of that, 1/2/3 Diamond guests for those who can afford them.

My personnal #1 "Big guest" Ron Perlman, I believe this could and should happen

Just a thought.

I have to agree but at the same I still expect it to be out of my price range.

Oh it will be out of many people's price ranges. But then, price ranges change depending on the guest. I would move through hell and high water to pay for certain guests, but others I wouldnt be that bothered about missing due to prices.

Plus, it's expensive for most or inacessable to all due to SM not being able to get them at all. That's the reality of these A-list names unfortunatley. They demand high fees.

• Like 1

I am just wondering if this is just pushing prices higher and higher and way out of reach of us mere mortals so that nobody can afford to see any guest except "the last cyberman on the left" who is by then asking £20. There used to be a curb on prices of £20 then it started creeping up despite the economic downturn a couple of years back. What is to stop guests who have say attended before at standard cost wanting a slice of the action and then deciding they are worth doubling their fee and demanding to be a diamond guest, & pushing their prices up?

I guess everyone's expectations are different but I would expect diamond guests to be only A list film stars and even then its a little sad that person is comfortable charging way over the top prices to fans. I just worry this is going to increase prices for every guest.

If your able to afford a diamond pass then you want another then aren't you paying 2 lots of entry fees how is this going to work?I guess we will find out when we see who these Diamond guests are.Interesting.

Edited by buffy2k