Tom Baker and Peter Davison

Lando_Cal

I know showmasters get loads of doctor who guests mainly companions and other guest stars. The only doctors that seem to go regularly are Colin Baker, Sylvester Mccoy and Paul McGann. I would love to see Tom Baker and Peter Davison return for another show (hopefully Sheffield or Collectormania 22) I know SM do phenomenally well at getting Doctor Who guests but please bring Tom or Peter back I would love to meet them. I am sure they will come back in the near future though. Also I am not sure but have Matt Smith and David Tennant done a show before? I know they are still currently acting regularly. Anyone else agree?

• Like 1

Tom doesn't generally travel beyond the South East anymore, so London, maybe MK is your best hope.

The rumour on the circuit - oddly never denied - is that David refuses to do any more Showmasters events. Not sure how much stock I take in the rumour (he is obviously very busy), but it is odd his father-in-law - Peter, and wife Georgia haven't attended any Showmasters events either, since that rumour first reared its head.

Of course many a rumour turns out to be nonsense. Its just coincidence at present.

Tom doesn't generally travel beyond the South East anymore, so London, maybe MK is your best hope.

The rumour on the circuit - oddly never denied - is that David refuses to do any more Showmasters events. Not sure how much stock I take in the rumour (he is obviously very busy), but it is odd his father-in-law - Peter, and wife Georgia haven't attended any Showmasters events either, since that rumour first reared its head.

Of course many a rumour turns out to be nonsense. Its just coincidence at present.

Strange how many Stars don't want to work with SM? What are they doing wrong? Or is it that SM don't put them on a Pedal Stool and bow down to their every wish and Command? :headscratch:

There was 5 Doctors group photoshoot of 4-8 in 2012 I think.

The story goes that at Lords Of Time David was asked to sign the left over photos - the event didn't sell out as it was annnounced late in the day; and after another event with David and Billie (who hadn't done an event before at that point) had already been announced - though Lords took place first. David allegedly declined and said he'd never work with them again.

But as I say it's only rumour. I'm sure Jason will say it's never been denied as he'd never heard about it! But I've certainly heard it from a few sources over the past 18 months. People do like to talk in queues.(shock horror - they even mention rival events!) I've heard various things like the fee for Dame Diana Rigg's appearance, Jeri Ryan's inclusive Holiday - as such things aren't permitted on here there's no way to tell fact from fiction. And then theres' chinese whispers. Rumours do like to spread and get further from the truth with each passing, and with such rivalry its quite possible someone started spreading bogus info.

The rumour only concerned David. I just said it appears to be a coincidence Peter hasn't either. He couldn't do Shefield anyway - he's at another event that weekend, on Saturday anyway.

Strange how many Stars don't want to work with SM? What are they doing wrong? Or is it that SM don't put them on a Pedal Stool and bow down to their every wish and Command? :headscratch:

The last (UK) event I'm aware David doing was a no fee charity event for Janet Fielding, that Peter arranged. Many moons ago Janet was the first person David went to trying to get an agent (Wendy Padpury was the second) but was declined. He joked even all this time later she's still not making him any money.

There was 5 Doctors group photoshoot of 4-8 in 2012 I think.

The story goes that at Lords Of Time David was asked to sign the left over photos - the event didn't sell out as it was annnounced late in the day; and after another event with David and Billie (who hadn't done an event before at that point) had already been announced - though Lords took place first. David allegedly declined and said he'd never work with them again.

But as I say it's only rumour. I'm sure Jason will say it's never been denied as he'd never heard about it! But I've certainly heard it from a few sources over the past 18 months. People do like to talk in queues.(shock horror - they even mention rival events!) I've heard various things like the fee for Dame Diana Rigg's appearance, Jeri Ryan's inclusive Holiday - as such things aren't permitted on here there's no way to tell fact from fiction. And then theres' chinese whispers. Rumours do like to spread and get further from the truth with each passing, and with such rivalry its quite possible someone started spreading bogus info.

The rumour only concerned David. I just said it appears to be a coincidence Peter hasn't either. He couldn't do Shefield anyway - he's at another event that weekend, on Saturday anyway.

The last (UK) event I'm aware David doing was a no fee charity event for Janet Fielding, that Peter arranged. Many moons ago Janet was the first person David went to trying to get an agent (Wendy Padpury was the second) but was declined. He joked even all this time later she's still not making him any money.

I am going to an event which Davison is going to next year so I just need to find a Tom Baker event!

Edited by etmuse
No mention should be made of other events

Best be quick - I've heard from two different sources (one of them Anneke Wills) that Tom has stated he is retiring from events at the end of the year.

Saw this mentioned by a few ppl on FB the other day, sad if true, but not a shock, first half of this year did feel a bit like tom was doing a farewell tour.

Best be quick - I've heard from two different sources (one of them Anneke Wills) that Tom has stated he is retiring from events at the end of the year.

Saw this mentioned by a few ppl on FB the other day, sad if true, but not a shock, first half of this year did feel a bit like tom was doing a farewell tour.

Yeah I do not blame him he is 80 now and is probably rather tired and wants to wind down and relax. It would be nice to meet him before her retires though

Yeah I do not blame him he is 80 now and is probably rather tired and wants to wind down and relax. It would be nice to meet him before her retires though

Oh forgot to to say what was he doing this fist half of the year

He was attending 'smaller' signings (he still draws a big crowd) at shops, libraries. pubs, that sort of thing. That can't be mentioned in any more detail. He is doing a talk at a charity event on the anniversary, but not signing.

Edited by TerraHawk

He was attending 'smaller' signings (he still draws a big crowd) at shops, libraries. pubs, that sort of thing. That can't be mentioned in any more detail. He is doing a talk at a charity event on the anniversary, but not signing.

Yeah I saw the anniversary event, I was gonna go until I realised he wasn't singing. I can't see him doing any more conventions for some reason. I could always write to him and ask him to sign and send it back. Lots of people do that but it would be better to meet the legend himself!