Diamond Guest Suggestions

LSM

How about adding David Jason to this list? As far as I know he's not done ANY type of event like this and there would be a demand for him.

I just had to google him, never heard of him before. But ofcourse that's for a lot of actors. It's all a different opinion for everyone who would be 'big'.

Over here David Jason is one of the biggest if not the biggest actor we have. A household name and just like John Hurt a national treasure.

But I very much doubt we'd ever see someone of his stature because he is huge!

Alan Rickman

I would LOVE this, BUT only if he was guaranteed to sign Harry Potter stuff which he famously doesn't.

Does he really not sign Harry Potter stuff? That's surprising.

Its very true, in fact he may as be called Alan "I don't sign Potter" Rickman.

Alan Rickman

I would LOVE this, BUT only if he was guaranteed to sign Harry Potter stuff which he famously doesn't.

Wow, considering it's the biggest, latest thing he's done. Maybe he just doesn't want to be "that guy that was in those Harry Potter films"?

I liked him in Die Hard, but don't really recall seeing him in much else.

Is there a reason he's said about Potter?

Alan Rickman

Wow, considering it's the biggest, latest thing he's done. Maybe he just doesn't want to be "that guy that was in those Harry Potter films"?

Robin of Sherwood opposite Kevin Costner, Galaxy Quest.

Alan Rickman

Thats part of it, that he has been in other movies, its how it is with a number of people they just get fed up of only being associated with one role when in many cases they've been in projects that in their opinion far outweighs something that would be more popular if that makes sense, I heard that when he was alive Richard Griffiths was not a fan of those with Potter items.

I will say that being in Trafalgar Square for goodness knows how many days in all kinds of weather whilst drunks and all sorts walked past us whilst we were in line for the last Harry Potter prem was worth it JUST for him to sign my HP DVD- (of course Prems are totally different as they are there obviously to promote the film but yep Rickman on Potter was certainly a rarity as for his signing habits now I'm not sure if they are relaxed or not but I have a Friend who saw Mr. Rickman in the street and had a Potter item with him which he signed- thats one of those stories that will go down as being:

WOW!!!! OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!!

But yep, many Actors/Actresses can be like that.

• Like 1

Alan Rickman

Thats part of it, that he has been in other movies, its how it is with a number of people they just get fed up of only being associated with one role when in many cases they've been in projects that in their opinion far outweighs something that would be more popular if that makes sense, I heard that when he was alive Richard Griffiths was not a fan of those with Potter items.

I will say that being in Trafalgar Square for goodness knows how many days in all kinds of weather whilst drunks and all sorts walked past us whilst we were in line for the last Harry Potter prem was worth it JUST for him to sign my HP DVD- (of course Prems are totally different as they are there obviously to promote the film but yep Rickman on Potter was certainly a rarity as for his signing habits now I'm not sure if they are relaxed or not but I have a Friend who saw Mr. Rickman in the street and had a Potter item with him which he signed- thats one of those stories that will go down as being:

Richard Griffiths I automatically associate with Pie In The Sky or perhaps Withnail And I.

Alec Guinness I heard hated being associated with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

• Like 1

Alan Rickman

Richard Griffiths I automatically associate with Pie In The Sky or perhaps Withnail And I.

Both very good projects he was in.

Oh goodness, Alec Guinness ABSOLUTELY detested anything Star Wars, apparently Star Wars fan mail was banished. And if I recall, theres footage of it somewhere on youtube that a little kid wrote to him saying how he was a HUGE Star Wars fan and wanted to become a Jedi knight and wanted to join Sir Alec on all kinds of quests etc etc etc etc. To which Alec replied along the lines of

"Don't ever watch that film again"

I need to find this video-

SPOILER ALERT

You're not gonna like this one

• Like 2

Both very good projects he was in.

Oh goodness, Alec Guinness ABSOLUTELY detested anything Star Wars, apparently Star Wars fan mail was banished. And if I recall, theres footage of it somewhere on youtube that a little kid wrote to him saying how he was a HUGE Star Wars fan and wanted to become a Jedi knight and wanted to join Sir Alec on all kinds of quests etc etc etc etc. To which Alec replied along the lines of

"Don't ever watch that film again"

I need to find this video-

SPOILER ALERT

You're not gonna like this one

Richard Griffiths - I'd be interested to know why he stopped wearing his glasses as it took me a long while to associate the two characters (Pie In the Sky / Potter).

Alec Guinness - I have to say I know him in so many roles that Star Wars to me is just a side-role. For my I think my favourite has to be Herbert Pocket in Lean's Great Expectations but that's because I'm so biased to that film. I wonder if any of the cast are still alive although I would think probably doubtful although the original Pip may well be.

I have to agree with Alec Guinness though, watching anything that many times so young is borderline obsessive. Cough.

I have to agree with Alec Guinness though, watching anything that many times so young is borderline obsessive. Cough.

Don't think I've seen SW that many times and I saw it in the cinema when first released, saw it the first time it was shown on TV and have owned various VHS versions, DVD and now Blu Ray. He has a valid point. By all means enjoy things, own them, be inspired by them but that's too much for a child.

Don't think I've seen SW that many times and I saw it in the cinema when first released, saw it the first time it was shown on TV and have owned various VHS versions, DVD and now Blu Ray. He has a valid point. By all means enjoy things, own them, be inspired by them but that's too much for a child.

I think all parents who are currently suffering the endless playbacks syndrome brought about by Disneys latest musical animation 'Frozen' would agree with that whole heartedly... I mean seriously... just let it go!! :whistling: