Taking the London Film and Comic Con forward in 2015 and beyond

Personally I'd say first let them get a guest that requires one of these new passes and then they can tell us how much, exactly how it'll work and what it'll cover and answer all the questions. At the moment it's just an idea about what *might* happen. People are getting far too stressed about something that may not even happen. Patience.

• Like 5

How about recommending the food outlets to have a small trolley with drinks on board.. it seems there are always massive queues, having someone walking around with a drinks trolley would cut down the queues.. :whistling:

Nice cold drinks ideally :thumbup:

• Like 1

How about recommending the food outlets to have a small trolley with drinks on board.. it seems there are always massive queues, having someone walking around with a drinks trolley would cut down the queues.. :whistling:

You'll get warm coke and like it my friend!

• Like 2

You'll get warm coke and like it my friend!

I'd give them cold stewed tea.

So Diamond Passes. I know you need one for one specific guest, but you're stating that it can replace the Gold Pass if needs be, so does that mean you get all Gold Pass benefits with this. So for example, you get Diamond Pass benefits, as well as 3 day early birds, and no VT and front of all Photoshoots as well for other guests?

So Diamond Passes. I know you need one for one specific guest, but you're stating that it can replace the Gold Pass if needs be, so does that mean you get all Gold Pass benefits with this. So for example, you get Diamond Pass benefits, as well as 3 day early birds, and no VT and front of all Photoshoots as well for other guests?

No the diamond passes are guest specific and only affect that guest's activities. You won't get the added benefits of the gold pass on top.

Hello =)

Well I like the fact that you are doing the Gold Pass more limited again. Cause I like that it is. :)

Its gonna be intresting to see if it means to have one from now on... I hope it doesnt change to much though :)

Then when It comes to diomond pass:

When I was reading that you were going to change the passes I was abit afraid when you were going to remove Goldpasses, but you didnt :)

The content of the diamondpass is good, one thing though.

2 x signed items from the specific guest. (signed in person over the weekend

Why two?

One would be so much better for all... This is just my opinion, I doubt that you will change it. But this is my point of view from both sides.

What do WE get out of havin only one included.

1. The choice of number of autographs, many people only wants one, just because I just HAD TO see John Hurt ( for instance) dont mean I want two autos.

2. Slightly Cheaper passes, less whining from people on how expensive they are and complaints on how they only want one. (I know its important to have money up front, but you will get them back anyways but on the event, I highly doubt that A-list guest will be alone)

3. More people can see the guest cause diamond dont get two for all that has a pass, this is something you have written over and over and over again that it is your goal that as many people can see the guest.

What do YOU get?

Well first I just want to say, they propably will sell out even though its one or two autos, BUT

Look at number 3.

MORE people will get to see the guest, thats more satisfied customers, and much less whining from people "I didnt get to see him/her...". And let me repeat myself on the part, you want to let as many people as possible to have the chance of seeing the guest! :)

For the people who wants two autos, well, just let them pay for an extra when they are getting their autograph. :)

Well I just thought Id give some feedback.

Looking forward of goin next year! :)

Edited by Wondermoose
  • Like 1

I totalk agree with everything wondermoose said. plus most people wil only want 1 auto who but the diamond pass. plus itll make it that tiny bit more affordable (or proffitable for you if theres only 1 auto. or if theres not photo included i think more people would prefer an auto and photo rather than 2 autos)

I totalk agree with everything wondermoose said. plus most people wil only want 1 auto who but the diamond pass. plus itll make it that tiny bit more affordable (or proffitable for you if theres only 1 auto. or if theres not photo included i think more people would prefer an auto and photo rather than 2 autos)

Interesting points. I think regarding the Diamond passes that there will never be a completely right answer to what's included in the package that will suit everyone. As you say some may prefer to just have one auto, others will say two isn't enough! I guess Showmasters will just balance it out and try and give us the best value ticket they can for the money. Still, I hope they take note of some of the very good suggestions within this forum before they make a final decision on the included features.

Interesting points. I think regarding the Diamond passes that there will never be a completely right answer to what's included in the package that will suit everyone. As you say some may prefer to just have one auto, others will say two isn't enough! I guess Showmasters will just balance it out and try and give us the best value ticket they can for the money. Still, I hope they take note of some of the very good suggestions within this forum before they make a final decision on the included features.

Yes offc thats a good point aswell, there are thoose who would want even more. :)

But there is allways the choice at the desk before the guest to get more (atleast I think it will work as with all other guests). But there is no choice with two autographs to get one less.

I met Carrie, Stan, John and Ian this year. If they were all diamond pass people it would be impossible for me to afford 4 passes.

as i have said these are not the guests we would be making diamond passes for so you would be fine

Guests of a higher calibre than these? I don't know who you have in mind but I'm getting excited to see who you start bringing to our doorstep. If this really is a "no guest too big" affair may I suggest Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ;)

Ok i will say something that i never normaly say

Yes we have talked to Dwayne's people and he is just the person that we are trying to work out these passes for so we can try to make this happen, we are not talking guest that have dose events before we are talking A lister that have never dose a event before and this is the way forward to getting a chance at booking them.

So going forward when talking to Dwayne's management we now come up to the bar and offer what is expected to be able to book him , we will at least have a chance now , we will have to see if he is up for it and if there is time between his film work but at least now we can offer what is needed to get the ball rolling but there are many guest in the top 200 living actors of all time we now can go for and thats what we want to get into.

jason

I just got so excited I weed a little.....

Sound good to me, thanks for listening guys and well done for bagging Harrison Ford! ;)

I wonder, would Bruce Campbell be considered diamond worthy? :king:

At what point did he say they have 'bagged Harrison Ford"

Much as that would be the ultimate guest

Don't think they have bagged ANYONE yet let alone Harrison

Its still another month till tickets go on sale.

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest a small change to the layout?

I personally don't feel there was a major issue with the number of people admitted into the previous event. I think it has more to do with how those people were moved around.

With the stalls at the main entrance, each alley acted as a choke point for everyone moving throughout the venue. There wasn't enough space between the stalls either. Once you have people standing at the stalls browing goods at either side, there's only enough room for perhaps two people side-by-side to walk by. This is worsened by people walking in different directions, stopping unexpectedly and people with baggage.

The solution is simple. Well signposted one-way systems.

• Like 2

May I suggest a small change to the layout?

I personally don't feel there was a major issue with the number of people admitted into the previous event. I think it has more to do with how those people were moved around.

With the stalls at the main entrance, each alley acted as a choke point for everyone moving throughout the venue. There wasn't enough space between the stalls either. Once you have people standing at the stalls browing goods at either side, there's only enough room for perhaps two people side-by-side to walk by. This is worsened by people walking in different directions, stopping unexpectedly and people with baggage.

The solution is simple. Well signposted one-way systems.

I too would like to move the stalls away from the entrance it made getting in and out of the venue impossible!

But then again more space is the answer.