Taking the London Film and Comic Con forward in 2015 and beyond

I have to say, I find it really hard reading in the forum since this years LFCC. People complain that showmasters isn't listening and working on improvements...then showmasters comes up with what, I personally think are good improvements and ways to move the show forward, but now people complain that it doesn't fit their personal needs and views.

I really admire the people who post on behalf of showmasters here, because I would not have the patience to constantly repeat myself over and over again because people don't read the posts properly.

I agree with you totally. One thing I've noticed is that people (and I'm generalising here) don't check topics that have been posted previously before starting a new one so the forums can end up with duplicates. I think my forums problems is I use an alternative site where mods/admins are able to merge topic threads easily so duplicate threads don't happen and you're able to expand the list of topics you see immediately without needing to scroll through pages/pages and that there are boards for specifics in the way that there is here but there is also then there are dedicated ones such as FAQ. So, working from the SM forum, you would have a board for each event and then a FAQ board which would cover everything else, so things like the complaints/this thread etc would be in the FAQ rather than under the event page.

I also agree. I was a newbie this year so decided to trawl the forum for FAQs, hints and tips, etc. some things I found weren't very clear but luckily when I asked for clarification people helped me out.

However, the same questions being asked time and again, plus multiple threads as well as some I would describe as general chit chat made it seem rather overwhelming when looking for info.

Would it be beneficial to break threads down into sections within an event thread? For example have one for general chat, others regarding tickets/autos etc.

I don't know if that would be helpful on a forum this size, it does work on smaller forums

Also, thanks to those who pointed out that Jason is dyslexic. As a newbie, it was not something I was aware of. Apologies, Jason.

Edited by SgtAngua

So if I'm reading this correctly guests that have signed publicly before, not just at SM events won't be diamond pass guest? Quick example, I'd expect Harrison ford to be a DP guest but I Gould not expect Mark Hamill to be? I'm just slightly confused as to what you mean by "house hold names" I'm assuming that means massively well known actors? Tom cruise Johnny depp? Etc. other than that I think I'm 100% really appreciate the replies Jason, we understand you're busy

no its guests that ether first timer big A list guests or guest that need this amount of income so as we need to offer a diamond pass and guests that would demand so much interests and that they would not be available to be there all day it makes sense to have a dimond pass.

so it will mostly be very rare guests and the odd guest that is very rare so in response to you your post Mark Hamill would be a diamond pass as he is rare and his autograph would be expensive.

Jason

I know you may not know yet but say if you get a diamond pass guest and the diamond passes go up on the shop would you know then if they were willing to do photoshoots and autos outside the diamond pass? And they would go up on the shop at the same time or would there be a wait between the diamond passes and the photos and autos.

I'm very glad of these changes and I think that I understand everything with regards to the new Diamond Pass, but I'm not sure about one aspect and I'm not entirely sure it has been answered because I've lost the ability to scroll through the responses on this feed. Will the diamond pass for a guest (e.g. Sigourney Weaver) be sold like a photo or talk ticket so that anyone who wants one can buy them? Or will it be like a Gold Pass but with the added extra that you will have the guarantee to meet a specific guest?

I hope its the former as myself and friends are long time attendees of LFCC and other Showmasters events, but having all just started university we couldn't hope to afford a gold-style pass and I think it would be a fairer way to do it.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this :)

• Moderators

The diamond passes will be sold like anything else but the suggestion is definitely that these are likely to be as or more expensive than gold passes.

There MAY, depending on what each specific guest agrees to, be limited availability to non-pass-holders of photoshoot/talk tickets or autographs for a guest who is on the diamond pass system.

• Moderators

Quick question...

If you have a Diamond guest... do you NEED a diamond pass to meet them or have a photo?

Or can you still buy photo shoots on their own?

As I literally just said in the post above yours, whether there are separate photoshoots/talk tickets/autographs available to buy for diamond guests will depend on the guest and what they'll agree to, and where they are sold they are likely to be limited in number.

I absolutely love those changes Jason and all!!! Well done guys!!! This sounds absolutely AWESOME! Thanks so much for listening and I think you are doing the right thing! Have marked the 1st of September in my calendar and will SO be there to buy tickets on the day! Bring it on guys!!! :-))

• Like 1

Some people really should try to read previous posts.. A lot of the same questions are asked so many times

Obviously I couldn't find the answer otherwise I wouldn't have posted it would I!

As i've mentioned before, i know 10 pages is a lot to read through of people's thoughts and comments, but it's not much to skim through to find Showmasters posts.... those are the ones you should be looking at for sure.

Could we maybe also prop for a 3 day early bird ticket, covering all three days with (perhaps?) a eensy weensy discount (say 1-2 pounds for loyalty haha) all in a single ticket instead of having to buy all 3 days separately at full price?

• Like 1

• Moderators

When will you launch the official website? Do you generally wait until a few guests have confirmed so there's something to announce? Or will we wait until the tickets are available for sale?

I think it's normally after the Winter one is done.

• Like 1

All making a lot more sense now, so thanks to Jason for all his answers on the thread.

So if I am reading it correctly, there would only be a small amount of guests for Diamond passes, say Harrison Ford, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Mark Hamill next Summer at LFCC. If you wanted to meet all these three, you would need to buy three Diamond passes, which would get you a photo op, two autos and their talk guaranteed over the weekend.

The only two elements I'm not quite clear on is where the Gold pass sits in all of this, am I right in thinking a gold passes essentially works as before for the majority of guests , but if any of the Diamond Pass guests are available for additional autos or photos shoots or space in the talk these would be available first for the Gold Pass holders then for general purchase ?

The other is with the Diamond Pass including some form of entry, think it refers to on one day in the initial post, so lets just say I want to buy a weekend early bird pass as I'm coming every day, but I also want a Harrison Ford (He is just attending Saturday) Diamond pass, does that mean I've effectively paid twice for entry on that day ?

• Showmasters Admin

Point 1: I believe this to be true. You would need all 3 Diamond passes, to guarantee seeing all 3. What is included in each one will be specific to each guest.

Point 2: This I can't be sure of as the gold pass is changing. But it's a good question that I will bring up when discussing the new gold pass, that will gold pass holders have priority if there are extras done for Diamond pass guests.

Point 3: I believe the idea will be that the Diamond pass will give you all 3 days entry. In theory if you buy two you'll be buying two lots of entry, but I guess that's the choice you'll make when buying more than one.

Point 3: I believe the idea will be that the Diamond pass will give you all 3 days entry. In theory if you buy two you'll be buying two lots of entry, but I guess that's the choice you'll make when buying more than one.

I will be buying full weekend tickets on September 1st when they are released to ensure I can in to the show. So between 1 Sep and the time of the show, 3 diamond pass guests are announced that I wish to meet, so I will be paying for entrance 4 times each day, and yet the diamond guest will possibly only be appearing 1 day of the event or even only a few hours!

I like the sound of how things are being set-up for future show's but not sure I agree with that.

• Like 2

I'm liking the idea of a Diamond Pass, it means we get some guests we wouldn't get otherwise.

Doesn't seem to make much sense having entry attached to each Diamond Pass though, as most people will purchase online tickets earlier now, what with some tickets only being sold online.

I don't expect all Diamond Pass will be announced early either, as working out contracts can take a while.

I see a lot of people selling their pre-bought entry tickets if they buy a Diamond Pass.

• Like 3

i agree i will be buying my entry as soon as tickets go on sale or the week they do and people may buy more than 1 diamond guest so i agree that making entry part of the diamond pass isnt so great. also people may be only attending for 2 of the 3 days.

• Like 1