Taking the London Film and Comic Con forward in 2015 and beyond

but would they have a set price for the Diamond pass for each guest or would the passes be the same price depending on who the guest is for each diamond pass

Technically you asked the same thing in one question.... whether they would be a "set price" or whether they would be the "same price" depending on who the guest is...

Anyway as already pointed out it was in the opening post.

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks for your replies Jason. Perhaps I didn't explain properly. 99% of the time I want to meet all the big guests and I get to meet ALL the big guests with a Gold Pass. If I understand this correctly, I would need a Diamond Pass for each big guest.

Yes thats correct if you want to guarantee you get what you need from this gust , or you would have to just take the risk and chance it like everyone else on first come first serve and that time will be limited depending on the guest.

• Moderators

As a gold pass holder for many years now can I just clarify a couple of points (apologies if I'm repeating things)

Example 16 guests over the weekend to meet, Dwayne Johnson and Harrison Ford are two of them, I have my gold pass do I still stand a very good chance of getting my photo and autos with them or will I be buying the two additional diamond passes on top of my gold to guarantee that I will meet the two big guests

Ok so lets just say Ford says yes and we get it agreed to attend ( we have not but this is just an example ok everyone ) we get it agreed that he will do the diamond pass

we also see that there is spear capacity for say 1 hour for a signing ? we are going to offer that out to everyone , how many will he be signing ? no one knows as he has never signed in public before ? 60 ? 120 ? 200 ?

So are you saying it's the very fact they would be diamond status that would persuade them to come?

Ok, so tets say you have the guest - and there are 100 diamond passes. Based on previous highs £100 an auto would not be out the question, same for a photo. Pass might include 2 autos, 2 photos, talk and other things. Lets say £500. What is the difference between charging £500 for the 100 packages, and £100 for 200 guaranteed autographs, £100 for 200 guaranteed photos, £100 for the 100 guaranteed seats plus the rest? You still take the same, the guest still gets the same. With the former 100 diamond passes are guaranteed everything (regardless of if they want everything or not) with the later 500 are guaranteed something. The later just seems fairer. Five times as many chances for people to be happy, (those who would have gone diamond would still buy the 5 things) before the rest take their chances.

And if the leftover chances are so low, you'd need to have something in place to police overnight queuers. Otherwise you could have a riot on your hands.

Edited by TerraHawk

As a gold pass holder for many years now can I just clarify a couple of points (apologies if I'm repeating things)

Example 16 guests over the weekend to meet, Dwayne Johnson and Harrison Ford are two of them, I have my gold pass do I still stand a very good chance of getting my photo and autos with them or will I be buying the two additional diamond passes on top of my gold to guarantee that I will meet the two big guests

From what I understand is that Jason won't be able to answer that. Obviously the Diamond Pass would guarantee it, but if the Diamond Guest chooses to do any extra autos or photos beyond the Diamond Pass then it will be first come first served basis and I don't think if anyone has a Gold Pass they would have priority over the rest. So basically having a Gold Pass means the same as having a Standard Pass in regards to meeting Diamond Guests. Jason can correct me if my understanding is wrong.

• Like 1

And obviously this debate at the moment is predicated on the guest doing a diamond pass ONLY pretty much. They may get a guest or two who have the diamond pass option but are there for the entire event as usual.

It's only the MAJOR stars (like Ford used in the example) who would only come to an event for a limited amount of time (maybe even just a few hours). THEN the diamond pass would be pretty much the only people to meet them. But that isnt SM's fault, that's just how much time the guest they know people will really want will give to an event like this. Would you rather not have someone like Ford? or have him for 3 hours? But as Jason has said, we'd have to see who they get and what their conditions are.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88
  • Like 1

would anyone who was behind partitioning at this years show( Carrie Fisher, John Hurt etc) be considered DP and does that mean to "Guarentee" meeting them next year you will have to pay for a DP not the £60/£40 it was this year? I know the same guest won't be here next year, just an example. I can see future shows being full of guests behind screens and anyone slighty busier than most being a DP. Still can't believe how the solution to all the problems to this years show has become more expensive packages. If the saturday is pre-booked only there should be no need for DP. And what happenes if people leave by noon on saturday will there be an half empty venue come 2pm.

The early friday though is a great idea and will mean that future lfcc cons will be a minimum 2 day event for me now and should be alot less stressfull.

none of the guest from this years show would have been a diamond pass other than Stan ( meaning that anyone that really wanted everything from him could guarantee they had it covered even though everyone that did pre buy something from him did get it this year but people wanting autographs on the day did not all get seen ) this would resolve this as people would have a path to guarantee there autographs which they could not at the last LFCC , so that helps

next

Pre selling tickets in advance stops there being any walk in tickets on the busiest day Saturday and over time it maybe needed for the sunday also doing away with queues for on the day tickets so no one has to be in lines to by tickets on the day this clears the doors of people buying tickets so we can let two lines of people going through 4 doors at the same time allowing the entry into the hall at twice the speed it is now so even if we have twice the pre ticket sales in advance it will make the door no longer to get in when intact it means on our numbers everyone would be in the hall in around 30 minuets or so so the entry into the show would be lees to manages as everyone is for pre paid and the lines going around the building could be wider and that means it gos around the building less and its more manageable , so again this helps everyone

one thing that everyone is missing the point here on totally including Toni we are not making the guest you see harder or more expensive in any way , we are looking to be able to book guest that at this time the model we have in place just dose not work , so carrie fisher would be at the show like this year doing the same thing as she did this year no different as her deal works and we can driver this and cover kurt costs involved , but if we were to get Harrison Ford as the way we do things right now we would just have to say know to him as we would not cover our costs and we would loose out , so we have to fish a way forward to be able to offer these guests and this is the way forward , the diamond pass holders will take majority of the costs involved in covering the expenses and as such these people will get priority on meeting the guest , but people attending the show on other passes and standard entry will also benefit as they will be able to buy tickets relating to these big guests also , so if they agree to a extra photo shoot out side of the diamond pass shoot this will be made available to everyone throughout the shop as normal if they are up for publicly signing then again you will all get that chance and again gos for the photo ops , again i have to stress these are not going to be for your normal guests we are talking your mega starts that we have been getting some positive feed back from and like stan lee there needs to be a system in place to cater for you and them if we get offered them for future events and this works for everyone so why would we not do this ?, i hope that this helps explain what we are planning here,

thanks

jason

Wow that actually clears alot up for me. If none except Stan Lee would have been DP then thr level of guests you must mean must be on the next level.

Stallone?

Van Damme?

Arnie?

current hollywood stars?

Have to say i would be interested in a Diamond pass for the likes of those. Thanks for answering my post.

Alright. I was one of the ones turned away on Saturday, which I wasn't over the moon about at all - particularly when I wasn't even allowed to buy a ticket for Sunday. However, I do get the challenges you're dealing with about the numbers - and next year it will probably be worse. I will come back, but realistically I would be wary of doing it unless I had a gold pass. Right now I plan to come along in October to meet Lance Guest, and I wouldn't have thought I will need one to do that - but in this new world who knows? One or two more guests and I wouldn't even bother turning up with a normal ticket.

With all this said, I sincerely hope the expansion continues - you've done great things over the years, and I hope that carries on. And just to make it clear, there is almost no price I wouldn't pay to meet Harrison Ford.

So if I'm reading this correctly guests that have signed publicly before, not just at SM events won't be diamond pass guest? Quick example, I'd expect Harrison ford to be a DP guest but I Gould not expect Mark Hamill to be? I'm just slightly confused as to what you mean by "house hold names" I'm assuming that means massively well known actors? Tom cruise Johnny depp? Etc. other than that I think I'm 100% really appreciate the replies Jason, we understand you're busy

• Like 1

So if I'm reading this correctly guests that have signed publicly before, not just at SM events won't be diamond pass guest? Quick example, I'd expect Harrison ford to be a DP guest but I Gould not expect Mark Hamill to be? I'm just slightly confused as to what you mean by "house hold names" I'm assuming that means massively well known actors? Tom cruise Johnny depp? Etc. other than that I think I'm 100% really appreciate the replies Jason, we understand you're busy

Yer this is a very subjective area, the names you mentioned there are certainly what I would call household names, but Jason has just said that Dwayne the rock Johnson is just the type of guest they want to get , and there are definitely people in my household who wouldn't know who he is! Guess time will tell....

So say if a Diamond Guest comes such as Samuel L Jackson (unlikey i know) will only people with diamond passes be able to get photos with him and get his auto or will normal people be able to get his auto and photo. Is the diamond pass only to get a better chance at meeting them?

So say if a Diamond Guest comes such as Samuel L Jackson (unlikey i know) will only people with diamond passes be able to get photos with him and get his auto or will normal people be able to get his auto and photo. Is the diamond pass only to get a better chance at meeting them?

Really you need to read all Jason's posts in this thread. You don't have to read anyone else's posts, but read Jasons!

But to answer your question, buying a Diamond Pass will guarantee you get to meet them, but whether the Diamond Guest does any autos/photos etc outside of the Diamond Pass will be down to the Guest to decide. If they decide to do more then it will be first come first served for everyone else.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

would anyone who was behind partitioning at this years show( Carrie Fisher, John Hurt etc) be considered DP and does that mean to "Guarentee" meeting them next year you will have to pay for a DP not the £60/£40 it was this year? I know the same guest won't be here next year, just an example. I can see future shows being full of guests behind screens and anyone slighty busier than most being a DP. Still can't believe how the solution to all the problems to this years show has become more expensive packages. If the saturday is pre-booked only there should be no need for DP. And what happenes if people leave by noon on saturday will there be an half empty venue come 2pm.

The early friday though is a great idea and will mean that future lfcc cons will be a minimum 2 day event for me now and should be alot less stressfull.

none of the guest from this years show would have been a diamond pass other than Stan ( meaning that anyone that really wanted everything from him could guarantee they had it covered even though everyone that did pre buy something from him did get it this year but people wanting autographs on the day did not all get seen ) this would resolve this as people would have a path to guarantee there autographs which they could not at the last LFCC , so that helps

next

Pre selling tickets in advance stops there being any walk in tickets on the busiest day Saturday and over time it maybe needed for the sunday also doing away with queues for on the day tickets so no one has to be in lines to by tickets on the day this clears the doors of people buying tickets so we can let two lines of people going through 4 doors at the same time allowing the entry into the hall at twice the speed it is now so even if we have twice the pre ticket sales in advance it will make the door no longer to get in when intact it means on our numbers everyone would be in the hall in around 30 minuets or so so the entry into the show would be lees to manages as everyone is for pre paid and the lines going around the building could be wider and that means it gos around the building less and its more manageable , so again this helps everyone

one thing that everyone is missing the point here on totally including Toni we are not making the guest you see harder or more expensive in any way , we are looking to be able to book guest that at this time the model we have in place just dose not work , so carrie fisher would be at the show like this year doing the same thing as she did this year no different as her deal works and we can driver this and cover kurt costs involved , but if we were to get Harrison Ford as the way we do things right now we would just have to say know to him as we would not cover our costs and we would loose out , so we have to fish a way forward to be able to offer these guests and this is the way forward , the diamond pass holders will take majority of the costs involved in covering the expenses and as such these people will get priority on meeting the guest , but people attending the show on other passes and standard entry will also benefit as they will be able to buy tickets relating to these big guests also , so if they agree to a extra photo shoot out side of the diamond pass shoot this will be made available to everyone throughout the shop as normal if they are up for publicly signing then again you will all get that chance and again gos for the photo ops , again i have to stress these are not going to be for your normal guests we are talking your mega starts that we have been getting some positive feed back from and like stan lee there needs to be a system in place to cater for you and them if we get offered them for future events and this works for everyone so why would we not do this ?, i hope that this helps explain what we are planning here,

thanks

jason

Wow that actually clears alot up for me. If none except Stan Lee would have been DP then thr level of guests you must mean must be on the next level.

Stallone?

Van Damme?

Arnie?

current hollywood stars?

Have to say i would be interested in a Diamond pass for the likes of those. Thanks for answering my post.

you got it totally my friend

• Showmasters Admin

no its guests that ether first timer big A list guests or guest that need this amount of income so as we need to offer a diamond pass and guests that would demand so much interests and that they would not be available to be there all day it makes sense to have a dimond pass.

so it will mostly be very rare guests and the odd guest that is very rare so in response to you your post Mark Hamill would be a diamond pass as he is rare and his autograph would be expensive.

Jason

• Like 1

Sorry to ask this, but say Mark Hamill does come along and is a diamond guest, I know I'd have to buy a diamond pass to guarantee meeting him but what about the entry? What if I'm only attending one day, that sort of wastes two days worth of entry which is probably in the region of £30 if I'm not mistaken. Will the DP's have different "levels" like say he's only attending two days, would his DP only include 2 day entry or still the full 3

Would like to just quickly say something that isn't about diamond passes, lol (I know I couldn't afford one anyway) - thanks for working on some improvements the venue and the ticket system etc. Obviously there's no way to know how it will go until the actual weekend, but I still feel re-assured that you guys are doing something about it.

• Like 1

This all sounds really awesome. SM have really taken on everyones concerns from this year.

The Diamond Pass sounds amazing. But sadly I doubt David Tennant would be one of those guests going / with a Diamond Pass.

Hoping I can get the time off work for us to go again.

I have to say the Diamond passes sound really exciting - although I hope we get given an estimate of how much they could cost? But if this means that we could possibly meet Hugh Jackman or Michael Fassbender then OMG!!!!

Can I just ask how much are the Gold passes normally?

July seems so far away but Im already mega excited!

I have to say the Diamond passes sound really exciting - although I hope we get given an estimate of how much they could cost? But if this means that we could possibly meet Hugh Jackman or Michael Fassbender then OMG!!!!

Gold passes went up to £195 this year. To give you an idea of other costs someone on another thread said Stallone charged about $800 for autograph and photo in the US. Certainly his autograph equated to around £300+. For some of these people we're probably talking in the area of what Buzz Aldrin charges which was £350 at Autographica this year. I think someone stated that Mark Hamill was in the region of £110 or something but that may go up with his involvement in the new SW film.

It's all speculation and I'm sure Jason will try and negotiate the best price (after all I've had a few people think that Stan Lee's price this year was a bit of bargain) but we're not talking about the kind of the prices we're seen at events so far. It will be very much more I have no doubt and unfortunately that's what it'll cost to get them.

I have been getting a Gold Pass every year since 2008 mainly for the convenience of being able to jump the lines and will get one again for 2015, what I worry about is if a guest such as Harrison Ford is announced I will probably upgrade to a Diamond Pass but would these Diamond Pass's offer line jumping access for other guests or photo shoots? I normally meet between 15-20 guests (both autos and photo shoots).

Also what happens if you upgrade from a Gold Pass to a Diamond Pass and that guest cancels are you able to get the Gold Pass back even if they are sold out at that time?

I have been getting a Gold Pass every year since 2008 mainly for the convenience of being able to jump the lines and will get one again for 2015, what I worry about is if a guest such as Harrison Ford is announced I will probably upgrade to a Diamond Pass but would these Diamond Pass's offer line jumping access for other guests or photo shoots? I normally meet between 15-20 guests (both autos and photo shoots).

Also what happens if you upgrade from a Gold Pass to a Diamond Pass and that guest cancels are you able to get the Gold Pass back even if they are sold out at that time?

All good questions. Given the likely cost I'd hope the Diamond will include the ability to join any other queue too. Doesn't seem unreasonable. I have always had a gold pass for the summer LFCC just to help but never needed one for any other SM event. But I usually make the decision after enough guests have been announced to make it worthwhile. Not sure it's going to be possible to wait this time and it's a lot of money to buy blind without knowing if you'll really need it or not. Will be keen to see what changes will apply to it too.

Gold passes went up to £195 this year. To give you an idea of other costs someone on another thread said Stallone charged about $800 for autograph and photo in the US. Certainly his autograph equated to around £300+. For some of these people we're probably talking in the area of what Buzz Aldrin charges which was £350 at Autographica this year. I think someone stated that Mark Hamill was in the region of £110 or something but that may go up with his involvement in the new SW film.

It's all speculation and I'm sure Jason will try and negotiate the best price (after all I've had a few people think that Stan Lee's price this year was a bit of bargain) but we're not talking about the kind of the prices we're seen at events so far. It will be very much more I have no doubt and unfortunately that's what it'll cost to get them.

Cheers for that info! Ok so this could work out kind of expensive then!!!

Well to be fair I only booked shoots with 3 people this year so if it comes to it I will have to be make sure I am picky again, I have convinced myself that I will be meeting Hugh Jackman though!!!