London Film & Comic Con 2015 Olympia Grand Hall Fri 17th to Sun 1

Are the dates 100% confirmed? We have booked hotel accommodation which can be moved, however the the plane tickets are more expensive to alter than they are to buy. I would like to commit to our travel plans ASAP. Please reply :)

baring any last minute emergencies - which can always happen and are out of anyone's control: yes, confirmed.

• Like 2

Are the dates 100% confirmed? We have booked hotel accommodation which can be moved, however the the plane tickets are more expensive to alter than they are to buy. I would like to commit to our travel plans ASAP. Please reply :)

baring any last minute emergencies - which can always happen and are out of anyone's control: yes, confirmed.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I can get on and book return flights and we are all sorted until the tickets are on sale, if something goes awry we have an extra weekend in London! :)

• Like 1

Hotel booked!

I'm waiting for their official site to be created... just in case they change the dates lol

We have our hotel booked, scared to book flights in case date changes, trying to get a confirmation before buying the flight tickets as they are more to exchange that hey are to buy! :)

Thanks for the prompt reply, I can get on and book return flights and we are all sorted until the tickets are on sale, if something goes awry we have an extra weekend in London! :)

Olympia has replied to my same query saying the date is only provisional NOT confirmed. Any idea when it will be the confirmed date, scared to pay for non refundable flight tickets. Thanks :)

• Showmasters Admin

Olympia has replied to my same query saying the date is only provisional NOT confirmed. Any idea when it will be the confirmed date, scared to pay for non refundable flight tickets. Thanks :)

THIS DATE IS 100% CONTACTED AND IS BOOKED IN

i do not understand why you would contact the venue after we have announce the date this is the date we do not put out dates that are not booked , things happen like buildings caching fire etc these are called acts of god apart from that we will be there on these dates.

if you ring the venue you get in touch with the person that answers the phones they look up the latest version of the list of booked events and can only tell you what they see , these are not the people we deal with we deal with the sales department and the head of sales it takes time to filter down to everyone , at earls court its always been like this so this is nothing new.

so once and for all we are booked in for these dates and we will see you there.

i just do not want speculation or confusion on this so please take this as fact.

thanks you

Jason

• Like 4

I'm so happy that the event is at olympia grand hall, I much prefer this place over earls court, it is much nicer, better air conditioned, better lighting with natural light and plenty of space to move around and a balcony. I hope this is going to be the main place for london film and comic con from now on

• Like 1

Like I said before, for us drivers, Olympia can get very very expensive to park the car.

Then consider driving to an underground station not far away instead and just get the tube in from there. Parking will be a fraction of the cost and even with the train fare it'll be much cheaper. Friend of mine does that. Parks at Richmond. SM have nothing to do with the parking facilities/prices.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I'm so happy that the event is at olympia grand hall, I much prefer this place over earls court, it is much nicer, better air conditioned, better lighting with natural light and plenty of space to move around and a balcony. I hope this is going to be the main place for london film and comic con from now on

Same here! :smile:

i do not understand why you would contact the venue after we have announce the date this is the date we do not put out dates that are not booked , things happen like buildings caching fire etc these are called acts of god apart from that we will be there on these dates.

if you ring the venue you get in touch with the person that answers the phones they look up the latest version of the list of booked events and can only tell you what they see , these are not the people we deal with we deal with the sales department and the head of sales it takes time to filter down to everyone , at earls court its always been like this so this is nothing new.

i just do not want speculation or confusion on this so please take this as fact.

thanks you

Jason

Thanks for that, I contacted you and the venue on the same day and you replied first which is why I posted their reply just to double check. I am new to forums, in America the venues are usually quicker to reply whereas you seem to be on the ball. Looking forward to your guest announcements and to see how the UK conventions run. Any chance of Ron Perlman to celebrate my first big UK convention attendance? :) Love the fact you take notice of guest suggestions. Again many thanks for all your help.

• Like 1

thanks you

Jason

I accept that you do not put out dates until they are booked, but the date of the event can still change even after SM have announced the dates..

The Winter LFCC this year was originally set for w/c 4/5th October (at Olympia).. it then moved to 11/12 Oct and finally got placed on the 18/19 Oct (at EC2)

All of the dates were on the forums for the event.. I did book hotels for each of these dates (one which I could cancel, one I could not).. I always accept the risk when booking a hotel early as the dates can and do change..

thanks you

Jason

I accept that you do not put out dates until they are booked, but the date of the event can still change even after SM have announced the dates..

The Winter LFCC this year was originally set for w/c 4/5th October (at Olympia).. it then moved to 11/12 Oct and finally got placed on the 18/19 Oct (at EC2)

All of the dates were on the forums for the event.. I did book hotels for each of these dates (one which I could cancel, one I could not).. I always accept the risk when booking a hotel early as the dates can and do change..

To be fair, that was the first time in a couple of years that this has happened.

thanks you

Jason

To be fair, that was the first time in a couple of years that this has happened.

Don't Forget The Star Trek Dates were not out then, So I think SM had to move their dates from 4th/5th As Star Trek took them, then maybe they were moved to 11/12 then found too close, so they moved them again. I think this time they are set in stone... Roll on the Guests :clap:

I was just wondering, is there space to hang out outside (take a break/cosplay photos/have lunch etc.) olympia like at earls court?

Can tell you've not tootled along there in March ;-) There's space outside of the hall but not a huge amount of it like at Earl's Court and there's a road in part of it which runs to/from the car park, of course there's also passing pedestrian traffic as it's right by the train station as well.