Sci-Fi Speed Dating

SirGeeksalot

I'm not sure why they made the guys pay, like I said, didn't realise!

I guess it's like to make sure they aren't "creepy" or something and are genuinely looking for someone and not just oogling the girls? especially as a lot of them had skimpy costumes on :lol:

I'm guessing it might also be a supply and demand thing. I bet he can always use more ladies speed dating, so they get in free. However, if it was free for blokes he'd be trampled underfoot in the rush; charge 'em 25 bucks and it reduces them down to a similar number as he has ladies. (although yes, I would agree that the charge also whittles out those less "committed" to the aim of the event...

• 2 weeks later...

SirGeeksalot, you don't want a 'geeky' girl. Trust me. You'd find yourself constantly having to compete with the likes of Nathan Fillion or whoever she had a fan-girl crush on at that moment. Would you want that? True 'geeky' or 'nerdy' women are not interested in relationships. They don't fit into society's norms. They'll take an evening alone with a box-set of Firefly or Game Of Thrones any day over a date with you. They'd rather lock themselves away for a weekend with Kingdom of Hearts than take any interest in your heart.

Take this thread for example. How many women have posted in here? Have you had any contact you from here? I'm willing to bet not. I've read some of your posts and you sound like a very smart and funny guy. Those snotty girls you talk about in your post sound like idiots but don't let them put you off. Don't fall into the trap of thinking another geek will be your match.

Ha! I'd forgotten about this thread! :-)

It sounds like you think anyone considered 'geeky' is identical to the next person, like an army of Cybermen!

No, not had any contact as a result of posting on here but then that wasn't really my intention. I don't think another geek would be guaranteed to be my match of course but it would be nice to not have someone react with "oh my God - you like what?!" or similar, as I've had in the past so someone who at least had a similar interest would be less likely to do that. I'm not closed to someone not sharing that interest but there seems to be a fair amount of hatred out there towards stuff like that from non-geeky women (certainly from a lot I've met anyway).

- G