Recommendations

Jacali

i aint really seen any horror movies, so can any1 recommend any that arnt like totally all gore n guts everywhere, but still proper scary?

Yes Jaks...HALLOWEEN! It's famous for being blood & guts free (well the original anyway) and it's still damned scary after 26 years!

Obi-Wan ;)

last house on the left. that was a sad horror film.

ok i REALLY wouldn't reccomend watching LHOTL if you value your sanity and/or wallet. its insanely boring, plus has wes cravens name attached - its spelled disater on every film of his i've seen (nothing personal louise, its just that was easily THE worst film i ever had the displeasure to watch). however, i totally agree with KAT, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre has next to no blood and gore, and is one of the best horror films ever (just make sure you get the 1974 original and not the remake).

:firedevil:

i respect your opinions on LHOTL. But it's just not the watching and the fact that the action isnt very impacting. it's just that it was based on some truth and the fact that people really do kill people like that. it's more scary than any monster or fictional charector. but i would recomend renting it before buying it because like you see not every1 likes the movie. it's the most realistic horror movie ive seen.

i think you guys are gonna kill me but i loved scream. not the 2nd and the third movie and the uninspiring follow up horror movies which followed. they blow but scream was great. in my humble opinion. and there's not to much blood in it and no gore.

i dont hate you martine, scream is 1 of my faves! and i love the sequel and prequel!! got the boxset and its one of my fave dvd's. it's a great movie.

1 thing though doesnt billy sindey's boyfriend (skeet ulrich), look like johnny depp when he was in nightmare on elm street? weird that they both wes craven films too.

Skeet Ulrich looks frighteningly like Johnny Depp doesnt he. Skeet is more attractive in my opinion as well!

I think scream is quite good, it was the first horror film I ever saw (all the way through - I did see some of the shining). So its what got me into horror films.

The first scene is a little gory though. Depends if you mind a tiny bit of gore, or if it freaks you out.

scream was my first horror movie as well. got me started.

and yes skeet looks disturbingly a lot like johnny depp. that's why wes craven casted skeet for the part. there are more links to his other movies in scream.

• 9 years later...

With Halloween only a few weeks away I thought I would reanimate this old Horror thread from back in 2004 !

So what would be your Horror Film recommendations ? I always like to watch some scary movies over the Halloween period.

I think you have to watch John Carpenter's Halloween at some point, it always seemed to be on the TV when I was a teenager and well worth a watch.

Some of the other original classics as well like The Omen, The Exorcist or the Wicker Man always worth a watch again.

I wonder what will be on the Horror Channel this year and Sky's Horror Movies selection for the 31st Oct ?