PHOTOSHOOTS. praise for Showmasters.

• Showmasters Admin

As to the photo ops i have to say we produced more photo ops than ever before and with more shoots than ever before and it all worked very very well.

If we had not taken this leap in technology then we would have only been able to have offered 30% of the photos we had on sale. Thats the truth behind the instant system and what its done to the show and what we can offer you all.

Things like the Throne shoot could not be possible as we would not have the space to distribute the photos afterwards.

So it was really tested last weekend and it works and we have more things planed for the future. Also so we are pushing the envelope and will keep in doing so for many years to come.

I am glad you see we are working to make your experience at our events good and fun .

showmasters

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I think that the quality of the photoshoot pics were the best I have seen. When I had a photo with Juliet Landau the photographer noticed straight away that I had blinked and took another photo for me. The only photos I was disappointed with was the selection of 8x10s on Juliet Landau's signing table. There were lots of very blurry pixalated images. I choose one of the better quality ones to get signed - a pic of Juliet with David Boreanaz. I know that the 8x10s are free with an autograph but the ones printed for Juliet on Saturday were very poor quality.

On this point its totally down to Juliet. She has her pictures sent to us to produced for her. She will not let us use anything that she has not sent us. It drives us crazy , but its what she wants and we cannot talk her out of it sorry :-(

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 1

yep i have to agree, its one of the few things they got right, even down to re-shoots if it was required, it was done and dusted in a few seconds

Sorry i have to say we got more then this right , many things worked over the weekend , we did have some things that did not with fully and most of that was down to how many people came to this year LFCC compared to any other year, we have 350 crew working these events and they are there working very hard so you all have a good day saying we only got one thing right is very harsh on these good people that are just like you fans , but they offered to help make the event work , lots be real and respect them even if you have issues with us.

Number of people exceeded expectations......you weren't in Scouts in then, always be prepared? ;) Or always expect the unexpected!

The vast majority of the crew I encountered were fine, the 'regulars' being on the ball as usual. Just a pity about the few lazy, born idle, disinterested ones letting yourselves down as ultimately they are the ones people will (and have) picked up upon and beat you over head with.

I think that the quality of the photoshoot pics were the best I have seen. When I had a photo with Juliet Landau the photographer noticed straight away that I had blinked and took another photo for me. The only photos I was disappointed with was the selection of 8x10s on Juliet Landau's signing table. There were lots of very blurry pixalated images. I choose one of the better quality ones to get signed - a pic of Juliet with David Boreanaz. I know that the 8x10s are free with an autograph but the ones printed for Juliet on Saturday were very poor quality.

on this point its totally down to Juliet she has her picks sent to us to producer for her she will not let us use anything that she has not sent us , it drives us crazy , but its what she wants and we cannot talk her out of it sorry :-(

Is that the same with all guests? Reason I ask is it goes against what I've been told by several different people at various shows of yours.

Pic really wanted was too out of focus for her so just went for same one being used on her sign, though was VERY tempted get the one with her in 4th DW outfit and if had time would've gone back for it on Sunday.

When I saw Dina Meyer she asked me which one was I choosing, said it was between two and she said 'Help you out. That's in focus, that isn't".

I REALLY love the new-ish system! The last time I went to a Showmasters event was when I went to LFCC'11 and we had to wait ages for our Brent Spiner photos. They had a delay on them (I can't remember why) and everyone went crazy when the photos finally came out. The photos overlapped and people could get their finger prints on yours if they had to lift them up to get to theirs. Luckily mine where fine :D

This time round it's just snap, wait a few moments and bam instant photo! :dance:

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Whilst the ability to get your photoshoots instantly has been there for quite a while now, it was a fabulous addition and has made this element of events so much easier. It fills me with dread thinking back to the old system and the problems that it caused.

It also meant that it was possible to run and cope with the amount of photoshoots that happened last weekend which must have been a record for a Showmasters event.

Whilst there might have been an odd issue here or there in regard to getting a guest to a photoshoot, the amount of people that got through in photoshoots and the ability for all these 1000s of people to walk away straight away with a good quality photo was nothing short of remarkable.

Thank you for that Golden , its something we pushed the enverlope at the beginning and people were unsure of change but we saw what the future needed and we had to make it work.

this weekend we took more photos with guests that any other comic con in the would ,we know the other companies doing photo ops around the world and no one show has this much demand and we will keep on top of this and provide the best service and product we can.

showmasters

Credit where it's due.

Photoshoot's have become SM's piece de resistance.

With a only little fine tinkering required (SM putting up signs over photo area with current photo guest, etc)

You've pretty much got the system working a dream.

Well done.

Is that the same with all guests?

It depends on the guest. Some like to provide their own images. Others are happy for SM to provide images.

Ta.

Sure recall being told at a guest being surprised at lack of certain pic(s) then managed get hold of some themselves from somewhere.

There was one photo area which I didn't find that good. If I could have swapped my shoots that were taking place in that area to any of the others I would have...

For me, they were too fast, no provision was given to the punters to offer portrait shots (my absolute preference) and many have unnecessary tilting (which when photographing subjects really isn't a preferred approach for best visuals) and odd framing.