PHOTOSHOOTS. praise for Showmasters.

We all remember the chaos of trying to get our photos from photoshoots on dreaded tables ,fighting through crowds who wouldn't move ,sometimes having to hang around for 2 hours waiting for them to come back (if they did). well the new(ish) system of getting your photo straight into your hands before you even leave the shoot area is superb and praise to Showmasters for bringing it in. Saves so much times and alot of hassle and it frees up members of staff that previously had to put all the photos out which took ages while fending off questions. so well done Jason on this. something you learned from and put into place. he doesn't get much praise but on this he does. photoshoots are now my favourite thing at the convention.

• Like 3

Agreed. Instant photos was an obvious step forward that fans had been begging for for a while. Now that it's been in place for around a year a so it's mad to think it wasn't done sooner. Although it's not for me, I'm pleased for the fans who like to get photoshoots signed. That 2-3 hours wait sometimes was the deciding factor as to if it got signed or not.

Why wasn't it done sooner? Because those printers cost thousands of pounds

I might be wrong with this answer but there was another group that unfortunately went bust after one show that were using on the spot printers. I'm guessing that maybe SM were able to buy them off them fairly cheaply and then it went from there. The on the spot printers more or less made their debut with SM on its first show after the other company went belly up.

The instant printing is really great!! This year was only the second time I've had a photo-shoot with a guest and getting the photo straight away was so much better than having to wait and then try and find it on the tables!!

I'm really pleased you can get them straight away - saves lots of times and gives you more time to attend other shoots and not worry about being there hours to pick up your picture.

I might be wrong with this answer but there was another group that unfortunately went bust after one show that were using on the spot printers. I'm guessing that maybe SM were able to buy them off them fairly cheaply and then it went from there. The on the spot printers more or less made their debut with SM on its first show after the other company went belly up.

The printers were actually in use/being tested at a few SM shows before moving into mainstream use. Before the show you are referring to if my dates are correct.

Whilst the ability to get your photoshoots instantly has been there for quite a while now, it was a fabulous addition and has made this element of events so much easier. It fills me with dread thinking back to the old system and the problems that it caused.

It also meant that it was possible to run and cope with the amount of photoshoots that happened last weekend which must have been a record for a Showmasters event.

Whilst there might have been an odd issue here or there in regard to getting a guest to a photoshoot, the amount of people that got through in photoshoots and the ability for all these 1000s of people to walk away straight away with a good quality photo was nothing short of remarkable.

• Like 1

The printers were actually in use/being tested at a few SM shows before moving into mainstream use. Before the show you are referring to if my dates are correct.

EMS 2012 they were used and have been used at all events I have been to since then. I remember because it was a photo shoot with Matt Smith when I was first saw them and I was really impressed and happy that me and my son would not have to hang around waiting for them as he was not in the best mood at the time of the photo shoot!

I think that the quality of the photoshoot pics were the best I have seen. When I had a photo with Juliet Landau the photographer noticed straight away that I had blinked and took another photo for me. The only photos I was disappointed with was the selection of 8x10s on Juliet Landau's signing table. There were lots of very blurry pixalated images. I choose one of the better quality ones to get signed - a pic of Juliet with David Boreanaz. I know that the 8x10s are free with an autograph but the ones printed for Juliet on Saturday were very poor quality.

I simply love all my photoshoot pictures, they all came out great! At other cons, I sometimes look kinda dopey, but never on these! Also great to get them right away, which means you can go back to the guest to have it autographed...and have another visit!

• Showmasters Admin

yep i have to agree, its one of the few things they got right, even down to re-shoots if it was required, it was done and dusted in a few seconds

Sorry i have to say we got more than this right. Many things worked over the weekend , we did have some things that did not work fully and most of that was down to how many people came to this years LFCC compared to any other year. We have 350 crew working these events and they are there working very hard so you all have a good day saying we only got one thing right is very harsh on these good people that are just like you fans , but they offered to help make the event work. Lets be real and respect them even if you have issues with us.

Edited by 1of2