Suggestion - R2-D2 & C-3PO Together for next time!

In the past I've had photos that Anthony has signed and Kenny has signed them no problem, no funny looks, comments etc, just signed as he would any other R2-D2 picture I've given him over the years. This is quite different though from a joint photo shoot, which I would be highly surprised to see happen, but sometime money talks, if Ian was prepared to sign Star Wars at £70 a pop then Anthony and Kenny might be prepared to do a joint photoshoot if the price for them was right. They could still separate them in the shoot and paying punters could sit in the chair in the middle !

• Like 2

Anthony doesn't do paid photoshoots anymore. He doesn't agree with them.

When he was at the official Star Wars events that I've been to over the last couple of years, he takes time out to leave his autograph queue, lines everyone up in a fair open space, and allows you to have photos taken with him for free. This is at his discretion and at no set time, so getting Kenny involved too could be problematic, as Anthony instigates this of his own free will.

• Like 1

i dont think R2-D2 and 3-PO are the only ones to have disagreements.

i found it a bit strange that the BSG characters were seated next to each other and so were alot of the GoT actors but the Star Wars people were spread all over, i would have thought they would have put Ian and David together along with Jeremy to make an empire section and kenny, leia and lando to make a rebel section. then again there wasn't an option for a leia and lando shoot which would have been cool... so maybe there is some bad feelings between them...who knows

Regarding the Star Wars guests layout it just based on how busy they are expected to be. Ian and Carrie being the busiest and having their own booths. Billy would expected to be busier than Kenny, Dave, and Jeremy as they are more frequent with their appearances. The VT guests were based primarily one side and non-VT the other.

Anthony doesn't do paid photoshoots anymore. He doesn't agree with them.

When he was at the official Star Wars events that I've been to over the last couple of years, he takes time out to leave his autograph queue, lines everyone up in a fair open space, and allows you to have photos taken with him for free. This is at his discretion and at no set time, so getting Kenny involved too could be problematic, as Anthony instigates this of his own free will.

He signed recently for free at a store event. He's a lovely chap and let us take multiple photos :)
  • Like 1

i found it a bit strange that the BSG characters were seated next to each other and so were alot of the GoT actors but the Star Wars people were spread all over, i would have thought they would have put Ian and David together along with Jeremy to make an empire section and kenny, leia and lando to make a rebel section. then again there wasn't an option for a leia and lando shoot which would have been cool... so maybe there is some bad feelings between them...who knows

Regarding the Star Wars guests layout it just based on how busy they are expected to be. Ian and Carrie being the busiest and having their own booths. Billy would expected to be busier than Kenny, Dave, and Jeremy as they are more frequent with their appearances. The VT guests were based primarily one side and non-VT the other.

I'm curious as to why there wasn't an option for a star wars cast photo shoot? SM could've made a mint even if it was limited to 500 patrons over the whole weekend

I'm curious as to why there wasn't an option for a star wars cast photo shoot? SM could've made a mint even if it was limited to 500 patrons over the whole weekend

Although there is a well publicised antipathy between A Daniels and K Baker, I think a lot of it is down to A Daniels being a fairly private person.

I met him and have to say he was a lovely man and couldn't be nicer. Whereas others have posted that he seems miserable and/or treated them poorly. I have to say K Baker could barely be bothered to speak to us on the occasion we met him. This obviously seems to be the reverse of a lot of people on this site.

Sometimes this seems to me to be down to the attitude of the person-I think it's a bit like the mad old grannies who bash soap actors with their umbrellas because they play a villain-people are perhaps a bit too familiar with people they don't really know? I've heard other people say about the BO Bandits who want a photo cuddling up to the actor, and other people being offended if the star doesn't wish to do this or be kissed-passing on colds etc.

I do remember hearing many years ago the reason A Daniels doesn't do SM events is because he was publicised to attend one without final agreement from his management. He was upset because if he did not attend he would be seen as letting his fans down even though no agreement to attend had been made.

As SM do most of the events these days in the UK he then doesn't get much opportunity now.

I do think a cast photo shoot would be great but would cost an absolute fortune to get!

• Like 1

I know there's a lot of talk about how they don't get on, but wouldn't it be great to have a photoshoot with both Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker? It would (probably) be a first. If it's work then they might agree! Worth a try? p.s has Showmasters ever had Anthony Daniels?

they wont even be in the same room as each other let alone sit next to each other for a signing. a guy tried to get them to some to a starwars reunion. it was on tv. And they wouldn't both attend. both said as long as the other was coming he wouldn't. in the end only 1 of them turned up.

I've heard other people say about the BO Bandits who want a photo cuddling up to the actor, and other people being offended if the star doesn't wish to do this or be kissed-passing on colds etc.

I had a photo shoot with Anthony head and i gave him a big hug when i got the photo taken. i didn't get told i couldn't and he didn't seem like i didn't want his fans to hug him when having a photo shoot. I think its all personal preference as to whether guests want to be touched or not. personally with the amount of people at the event germs would be spread just as easily through the air even if you didn't make contact with people.