Suggestion - R2-D2 & C-3PO Together for next time!

I know there's a lot of talk about how they don't get on, but wouldn't it be great to have a photoshoot with both Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker? It would (probably) be a first. If it's work then they might agree! Worth a try? p.s has Showmasters ever had Anthony Daniels?

Never gonna happen. Word is Daniels has a bee in his bonnet with showmasters, maybe true who knows. He seems to have a bee in his bonnet with most people lol.

As for a photoshoot with both of them, unless your good with photoshop then you won't get it.

J

Probably more likely to see Harrison at an event.

Jason has posted in the past that Tony does not want to attend an SM event.

As for the history between Kenny and Tony, I suspect that one may be willing if only for the fans but the other less willing.

• Like 1

Probably more likely to see Harrison at an event.

Jason has posted in the past that Tony does not want to attend an SM event.

As for the history between Kenny and Tony, I suspect that one may be willing if only for the fans but the other less willing.

Agreed.

Its never going to happen.

• Like 1

I wonder why he doesn't want to attend a Showmaster's event? Has something happened? Oh well, maybe unlikely, but it would be amazing if someone pulls it off!

Am going to word this as nicely and delicately as I can.

Particularly because I've met both Anthony and Kenny on several occasions, one of them being at an OTHER EVENT where they weren't even in the same room together- what does that tell you? Many of us know this disagreement/feud (whatever you wish to call it) has carried on for SEVERAL years and for whatever reason they don't get on together. Like I've said I've met both men on seperate occasions and both have been nice and civil to me so I won't badmouth either of them.

But no. There is NO WAY that you'll EVER get a photoshoot of them both together. #FACT

Particularly because I've met both Anthony and Kenny on several occasions, one of them being at an OTHER EVENT where they weren't even in the same room together- what does that tell you?

They were in the same room in Germany, but it was a big room, with Mark, Carrie and Ian in beween.

• Like 1

Never say NEVER...anything can happen in business. Nothing to do with fans, organisers or personal feelings. Anything IS possible.(except an accurate weather forecast of course!)

Never say NEVER...anything can happen in business. Nothing to do with fans, organisers or personal feelings. Anything IS possible.(except an accurate weather forecast of course!)

Exactly. Ian McDiarmid attended on Sunday and signed Star Wars items :)

Hmmm. I need to get some of my stuff ready for Harrison to sign... #Justincase ;)

Some people hold grudges for very long times...whether they ever see the light, realise how short life is and that hatchets can be buried and in doing so you can create positive worth to yourself, friends and fans is another matter...

Edited by SciFiRob
  • Like 1

Some people hold grudges for very long times...whether they ever see the light, realise how short life is and that hatchets can be buried and in doing so you can create positive worth to yourself, friends and fans is another matter...

Well it happened with Pink Floyd so you never know but that was a falling out over time, so there was a friendship to repair. From what I can gather, these two had issues from the very first day so there was no real relationship in the first place, so much harder to build bridges but until they're around no longer (lets hope that's no time soon) then I guess anything is possible.

I remember during Celebration Europe, all the big stars sat in the bar with their families, a really memorably moment in life seeing them talking about old times (we had wandered in by chance!). Chatted to Mark Hamill, had a pic with him, and watched them all in a big circle chatting away.

Then on leaving, saw Anthony Daniels sat on a sofa outside the bar, near the reception with a couple of fans - very separate from the fun going on in the bar/restaurant.

Neither of them seem to care though. Just cos we have a fantasy ideal about them, they do not. I had a picture of R2 and 3PO, Anthony signed it, but Kenny gave me a funny look to sign his half. I think we should leave them alone....orrrrrrrr

Photoshoot with very thin dividing wall shot from directly ahead so you cant see the divide. Exit by separate doors.

I would be gob smacked if it ever happened but would love it if it did. I think a joint photo shoot would be outstanding but can't see it happening.

I had a similar experience to UZI SUICIDE. I had a picture already signed by Anthony and it just needed Kennys auto to complete it. Although he signed it, he gave it a funny look before hand and then sort of tossed it to the side afterwards. It's a shame the bad blood is still there but I'm sure it's hard to let go of those feelings.

It would be nice to see them in a photoshoot together. I just watched this interview with Anthony though (which was in the same show as the clip above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJCeUTM63hs

It doesn't sound like they've fallen out or anything. I think they are just different people. Anthony seems to see them from different backgrounds etc and just has a different circle of friends. He seems nice enough but I guess his way of dealing with people not in his circle is by ignoring them. It's not anything that could be fixed really as they've never been friend to fall out over anything.

i dont think R2-D2 and 3-PO are the only ones to have disagreements.

i found it a bit strange that the BSG characters were seated next to each other and so were alot of the GoT actors but the Star Wars people were spread all over, i would have thought they would have put Ian and David together along with Jeremy to make an empire section and kenny, leia and lando to make a rebel section. then again there wasn't an option for a leia and lando shoot which would have been cool... so maybe there is some bad feelings between them...who knows

Yes its never going to happen when Anthony signed my Chronicles book he seemed a bit miffed that he was a late addition

instead of being one of or the first to sign it. I thought to myself "well come round more often then" Kenny has signed a cracking 10x8 for me already signed by Anthon,y didnt seem to bothered about that then.

A few years ago I was at ANOTHER event and my Friend already had Kenny on his DVD etc.

Whilst we were in line this guy in front of us said that "Anthony will NOT sign anything that already has Kenny on it!" at this point my Friend was ready to just walk out of the damn line and forget it- when we approached his table so my Friend could pay the money, before he parted he asked if Anthony would sign seeing Kenny was already on it. The lady said he would be fine with it and Anthony was very pleasant when he met us.