Photos at autograph tables

Does anyone know if you will be allowed to take your own photographs at autograph tables if you're buying an autograph too? Instead if the professional photos, I mean, just at the table on your phone or whatever. If so, will there be a fee for it or anything? I know it can be different from con to con so just wanted to clarify so I can budget for it if necessary.

Edited by minthumpugs
  • Like 1

It may well be possible (although there are no guarantees) with some of the guests but not all of them. There's no extra cost and there's no way of telling which guests will be allowing table photos until the event,

Edited by dwarfbabe

Just look for the signs behind the guests:

NO POSED PHOTOS = No photos allowed of you and the guest by their signing table, this does not mean that you can't take photos of them either signing your photo/item or if you ask, they may pose for a picture of just themselves for you. For example, Juliet Landau was no posed photos in London, but I asked her if she'd mind me taking her picture holding up the photo I'd created for her to sign and she was more than happy to do so. It's also polite to turn off the flash where possible as some guests get headaches.etc

NO PHOTOS = Explicitly no photos allowed whatsoever, I seem to recall Summer Glau having such a sign behind her in London, but if you really wanted to you could take snaps from a distance so that wasn't really ideal.

Some guests have NO PHOTOS OR VIDEO - so you can't snap them or video them.

Having the flash off is a health and safety issue imagine looking directly into a lamp while its turned on an off hundreds of times while trying to write at the same time imagine how I'll youd feel and how quickly you wouldn't be able to see what you were writing