Any news on Program Raffle yet?

I for one AM still angered by the fact that hey were given out. Even if i had no intention of entering the raffle, why the hell would i then be ok for someone else to get what i paid a fiver for, for nothing!?

Supply and demand, plus the cost of dealing with unused stock. If I go into M&S at lunchtime and buy a roast beef and onion baguette for £3, if I then go back at say 8.30 pm, shortly before they are due to close, and they still have some left but they've reduced the price to 80 pence (because they're at the end of their "use by" date), do I go and rant and rave at M&S? If after they close they give away any unsold ones to a local charity for the homeless, do I go and harangue the staff for giving away something that I paid £3 for but a few hours earlier? No, I don't. YMMV.

That's like (something i did see this weekend) buying a Deadpool figure from one stall for £40. Then an hour later seeing it on another stall for £25. What would you do? Would you try and get your money back and buy the cheaper one? Yes! Yes, you would!

No, I wouldn't. The stallholder offered a product at a certain price. I was happy to pay that. Deal done. That's one of the risks of "buy first, shop around later"; sometimes you buy something good before it sells out, sometimes you buy something and find later that you can buy it elsewhere cheaper. Your choice, your risk, your responsibility.

And what would be your reason for getting the money back from the first stall? "Excuse me, I appear to have been unfortunate in my shopping and paid more for this than I could elsewhere - could I cut into your profit margin to sort out my mistake?" Sorry, it's your mistake, you should own it.

I for one AM still angered by the fact that hey were given out. Even if i had no intention of entering the raffle, why the hell would i then be ok for someone else to get what i paid a fiver for, for nothing!?

Supply and demand, plus the cost of dealing with unused stock. If I go into M&S at lunchtime and buy a roast beef and onion baguette for £3, if I then go back at say 8.30 pm, shortly before they are due to close, and they still have some left but they've reduced the price to 80 pence (because they're at the end of their "use by" date), do I go and rant and rave at M&S? If after they close they give away any unsold ones to a local charity for the homeless, do I go and harangue the staff for giving away something that I paid £3 for but a few hours earlier? No, I don't. YMMV.

That's like (something i did see this weekend) buying a Deadpool figure from one stall for £40. Then an hour later seeing it on another stall for £25. What would you do? Would you try and get your money back and buy the cheaper one? Yes! Yes, you would!

No, I wouldn't. The stallholder offered a product at a certain price. I was happy to pay that. Deal done. That's one of the risks of "buy first, shop around later"; sometimes you buy something good before it sells out, sometimes you buy something and find later that you can buy it elsewhere cheaper. Your choice, your risk, your responsibility.

And what would be your reason for getting the money back from the first stall? "Excuse me, I appear to have been unfortunate in my shopping and paid more for this than I could elsewhere - could I cut into your profit margin to sort out my mistake?" Sorry, it's your mistake, you should own it.

But m and s weren't saying 'if you buy these £3 sandwich you could win 1 of 1000 prizes' then when you bought the sandwich and ask how you can find out if you won going 'oh. I dont know. Maybe look over there'.

But m and s weren't saying 'if you buy these £3 sandwich you could win 1 of 1000 prizes' then when you bought the sandwich and ask how you can find out if you won going 'oh. I dont know. Maybe look over there'.

Oh I agree that the whole raffle issue was an almighty louse-up. I'm just addressing his point "Even if i had no intention of entering the raffle, why the hell would i then be ok for someone else to get what i paid a fiver for, for nothing!?" And I assume his Deadpool figure wasn't sold with a raffle ticket either :-)

No, the whole raffle issue is a huge mess, I'm merely suggesting that those people who complain about the programme being given away free at the end are grousing unnecessarily. SM would almost certainly be charged by EC had they left them all there (as EC will incur a charge for disposing of them) so SM were faced with the option of either the expense of transporting all that weight back home and then disposing of them themselves at some cost, or giving them away. (The fact that you're giving away free raffle tickets at that point is somewhat of an issue, although somewhat accidentally mitigated by that fact that by then I think they had closed the raffle down early anyway :-) )

So yes, raffle issues aside, I have no problem with them selling them off cheap towards the end then giving them away.